Doping allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Depending on who you talk to at Manly, Stephen Dank could be many things. A mystery man. Or a scapegoat.

But everyone who dealt with the sports science guru - across five NRL and two AFL clubs - can agree on one thing. When it came to maximising performance, he knew exactly what boundaries to push and wasn't afraid to do so.

Those boundaries attracted interest when his latest club, Essendon, threw themselves at the mercy of the AFL and ASADA on Tuesday after being informed of potential issues with their supplement program.

At a snap press conference in Melbourne, Essendon chairman David Evans and coach James Hird rocked Australian sport when they revealed the club had disturbing information about its supplement program.

Dank's role has attracted interest because he left the Bombers last year amid concerns about the outfit's sports science department.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...bs/story-fn2mcuj6-1226571148467#ixzz2K6JjtG7I

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw this guy worked under des hasler for a long time so it could get interesting where the media would want to go with this

Malla

Reaction score
Orford came out and admitted to having calf's blood injected into his groin to speed up the healing process. Ended up coming back a month earlier. As I understand, they're not performance enhancements (drugs), he just knew how to maximize performance with these weird and extreme methods. I'm pretty sure it was he who introduced the beetroot juice into the supplement program of Manly and Des has brought that over to the Dogs.

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Press conference about to start in Canberra about the entire thing, Could be huge

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Essendon are in deep sh!t. Else, they wouldnt have brought in ASADA.

ASADA probably conducted random tests on their players and they came back positive.

In my opinion i think there is alot of NRL players on HGH. Many travel to South East Asian countries & Bali to train and inject during the off season.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Sharks are involved, they should ask for a refund tbh..

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Orford came out and admitted to having calf's blood injected into his groin to speed up the healing process. Ended up coming back a month earlier. As I understand, they're not performance enhancements (drugs), he just knew how to maximize performance with these weird and extreme methods. I'm pretty sure it was he who introduced the beetroot juice into the supplement program of Manly and Des has brought that over to the Dogs.
Lets just hope beetroot juice is the end of it and he hasn't bought anything illegal with him !

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't there a few players that got caught with a supplement which is banned within the NRL it is also banned for people that are competing in bodybuilding. However at the time is legal to sell over the counter at supp store

1,3 Dimethylamylamine is the key ingredient that is found in prework outs such as Jack3d, 1MR etc. Gives you that pump and focus. It was offically banned from retail from August last year from memory

I wonder if this supp is apart of the allegations

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
this is just an early warning sign for when the sht hits the fan for real. sooner or later an unaccredited " sports scientist " like this dank fellow, is going to stumble on the way to loop the alactic energy system and bypass lactic and aerobic altogether.

this means constant energy, no fatigue, and oxygen is not required. human 2.0. that type of power should never be in the hands of an individual not even accredited to his science.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry O'Farell should engage the services of Dr Dank, maybe then he can improve his performance...

buddman

Serial madman!
Reaction score
The NRL shouldn't sign off on the new CBA until we rid of the guilty players.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds pretty big. The NRL have evidence of players and whole teams doping. Also links with organised crime gangs and players and teams doping, also match fixing. Hope the dogs and their players are clear. Teams can come back from cap cheats and scandals. This is the biggest story in Australian sport history, if teams are exposed they would fold. Supporters would leave, sponsors wouldn't touch them. This has the potential to end clubs. Highly doubt the dogs would be involved.

storm2012

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am confident Storm aren`t involved in this doping scandal.I will be very surprised if any NRL team is charged with doping.I am glad they are investigating teams so the mess can be cleared up before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.