Don't blame Noddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest i was one of the most critical people of our management when we signed noddy...i thought without SBW we'd be nothing no matter who we signed. Noddy is now our X factor. Noddy admittedly had a pretty poor game tonight however it was 22-12. We WILL build on it. I sat there for 15 minutes after full time staring into thin air and trying to fight back the tears but I honestly think next year we will be right up there again. Kimmorley had not one of his best games but ****...we came 16th last year and we managed to get THIS CLOSE to a grand final...at half time we were almost there. I dont wanna hear anything about missing the GF being noddy's fault and tbh before this year I was a HUUUUUUUGE critic of his.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
noddy played as well as anyone on the field, very guttsy comeback to try and get the doggies into the final

crybbe666

Waterboy
Reaction score
Noddy was absolutely everywhere in defence last night. There were times that, if he hadnt have been there, we would have lost by more. Sure, his kicking game wasn't the best, but Benny Roberts should have stood up and taken some of the pressure off him.
A damn fine season, a shame Haz doesn't go out the way he deserves.

king sirro

Waterboy
Reaction score
Kimmorley as usual tried his guts out. I had an argument with a guy at work who said Brett needs to toughen up, i couldnt believe it, i said he's as tough as they come. What made this worse was the fact i was sticking up for a bloody bulldog, yuk.

Noddy took some poor options in attack last night and failed to build any pressure for u guy's, but it was just one of those things/games. The loss of Patten really put your defence on the back foot. I was amazed that Moore played Idris and Gorden together on the right, pure suicide.

The one thing u guys really lack is a 3rd and 4th front rower. Hickey is your number 3 but he wouldnt make most NRL sides. U need to pick up a couple of handy props to take the next step in my opinion.

Great turnaround from last year, well done.

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His 5th tackle options were terrible...

But hey, it was the eels offloads and the defence on Idris' side

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His 5th tackle options were terrible...

But hey, it was the eels offloads and the defence on Idris' side
Agreed.

When General went off, Hazem went to fullback and was excellent there but at fullback, he can't guide Idris.

dsb

Waterboy
Reaction score
That was the worst game Kimmorley has played all year. Not blaming him but he could have done a lot better. Very bad kicking game

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noddy was terrific. Tried everything. The difference his presencee makes to other players. aS such as Roberts was obvious. The doggies attack missed the General badly last night. When he was out of the contest in the first tackle it made a huge difference when he came back on. By then it was too late. The dogs could have won last night. Missed opportunities just before and after half time. But it would have been injustice to the eels who were better on the night. Even the score at half time did notreflect the run of play.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Patten going off in 1st minute hurt us bad.
Our 5th tackle options were pretty ordinary all night.

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought Inu was sensational for the Eels, caused huge problems for our right side defence.

Chappo

Bulldog Pride
Reaction score
There is always next year. Look how far the team has come with only one off-season behind its belt. Next year will be an exciting year. We'll lose Eastwood and the great Hazem, but we gain two promising replacements in Micky Paea and Steve Turner

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
And Halatau and Tia Kalifi and we need to give Barba a bench spot

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Noddy played an awesome game last night, he really took the line on and wasn't conservative like Mortimer in the first half

Chappo

Bulldog Pride
Reaction score
And Halatau and Tia Kalifi and we need to give Barba a bench spot
Oh yeah forgot about those 2. Hopefully Barba will have a NSW cup premiership in his cabinet

B

Bargache

I thought Inu was sensational for the Eels, caused huge problems for our right side defence.
Only because Haz had to drop to fullback and you had Buddy and Idris which is not ideal. Patten going off hurt us the most.

Noddy deserves lots of praise for playing and if he didn't we'd have been smashed by more.

However for me, the turning point of the game was the field goal option on the third tackle. There was time to have another two attempts at a try and had we scored game over.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It was never Noddy's fault.

If anyone, it was the Forward's fault for not hitting up hard enough and making enough metres.

Noddy was forced to make his kicks from 40 metres behind the tryline with very difficult kicking options.

D

dogs_4 lyf

To much One out stuff. It was so boring to watch, nothing flashy seemed to be the plan. It obviously didn't work.

R

rocky IV

the first half they were awesome, but all the defence ***ed us for the second half

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Noddy was fine, he tried his butt off and he did a better job than DJ would have. None of our players were bad really, and we didnt get belted on the scoreboard.

I thought the biggest impact on the game was patten being knocked out which took Haz off the wing to fullback for a huge amount of the match which exposed Idris in defence and they scored a few tries off it and that was the game

Bottom line is the dogs lost because Patten got kneed in the head.

Dirty eels. Hope they get spanked next week.

roberts_6_leb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Noddy was absolutely everywhere in defence last night. There were times that, if he hadnt have been there, we would have lost by more. Sure, his kicking game wasn't the best, but Benny Roberts should have stood up and taken some of the pressure off him.
A damn fine season, a shame Haz doesn't go out the way he deserves.
dont blame noddy, so blame roberts. i believe roberts played great. noddy came back from an injury and still made everything of his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.