Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I laugh at people blaming the club “how dare you let a junior walk”. We hold them hostage do we? WE OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT. Dolphins offered more money and most likely a better lifestyle up there. Can you blame the kid? Good luck to him. He took the money and ran.

Be grateful Des isn’t still here. He would have offered him 800K and a 5 year deal. Overpaying average players is why we are in the mess we’re in!
He’s had years to demand a good contract next time it was up. He hasn’t done it. Based purely on footballing ability and what he’s done in games, he’s simply not that good. I wish he were better since he’s a local junior, but a few highlights of him scoring tries because he was quicker than the defence, is a low bar for wanting to retain a player.

The only thing in Avo’s defence is he was moved around between the halves, fullback and centre, but he didn’t nail down any of the. He was going pretty well with a sustained period at centre this season, but pretty well doesn’t cut it at this level.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead we'll keep an adored Ciraldo Parra reject at fullback, and a 19 yr old centre with the lateral movement of a boat, the speed of a turtle, and turnstyle like defence.
So you want to get rid of ANOTHER local junior in Alamoti, but not Averillo? Lmao wtf

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Kiraz centre Skelton wing or Wilson. There is a lot of options. Personally I hate seeing local juniors go but it’s one position we can cover IMO.
Exactly how I feel. I don’t like losing a good kid like Jake, who has come up through the grades, but his replacement will come along, and hopefully be an improvement. Then Jake will be a distant memory.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good luck to him but Besides his game against the dragons where he was put in the clear twice by burns what’s he actually done if people on here actually watched him in a game they would notice he doesn’t do anything if Gould seen anything in him he would of kept him because 400k for a centre is not that much

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dumb arse outcome for us..Its rare to find genuine speed and Averillo has it and we some how allow that to leave?? Fucking pisses me off and I hope there is a smart decision behind this and not Gould and Ciraldo dropping the ball..

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You expect him to not look elsewhere when the club indicates he is not a priority by telling him to look elsewhere? Come on, fam. That makes no sense. Any player in his shoes would do the same.
We must be saving cap space to re-sign the gun [emoji23]

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frees up a spot, and future spending, which can hopefully be used on better options going forward.

I imagine the club has by now established who is surplus to needs, and/or who they won't go over budget to retain.

Should see more news on players finding new homes over the next month or so.

Gives the club more certainty, so might just see some good news on recruiting in the near future. We could certainly use some encouraging news on that front.
I see where are going with this....

4. Burton
6. Brookes
7. Hunt

??

I like it....

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb arse outcome for us..Its rare to find genuine speed and Averillo has it and we some how allow that to leave?? Fucking pisses me off and I hope there is a smart decision behind this and not Gould and Ciraldo dropping the ball..
Good local junior. Utility value covering multiple positions. His downsides were putting his body on the line and the first couple of carries out of our own end.. two important attributes wingers and centres need. I wish him well at the dolphins but we have other priorities. That’s no disrespect to Jake at all.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never hit how full potential at the dogs. Has the speed and ability to be a top 50 player. But goes missing a lot in games. If anyone can get the best out of him it’s Bennett or Bellamy. So good luck to the kid. Probably not only a good deal financially but the best move for his career. Makes sense why Gus is signing up a few centres. We might ridicule him but he is 5 steps ahead of the game ;)

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who knows maybe Bennett gets the best out of him and then after Gus has built up the club, he comes back as a much better player? If he truly loves the club and we become in need of a centre again.

Unlikely though as we have a lot of good junior depth in backline which will hopefully transition to first grade.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good on him. Love watching his long range tries but defensively he’s got a lot to learn. With xerri coming next season let’s hope he can pick his form back up after missing 4 seasons.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully becomes another Mbye/Schoupp
Probably Gus saving his money to sign another Mbye
Fraud Gould & Cuckraldo at it
Cuckraldo probably has no say in anything anyway, I was there one day at training early on and Gould was telling him what to tell the players.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not happy with this decision but my feelings will be dampened if Hunt is announced as our player by Sunday...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty this has been the only season where I think he hasn't been extremely prone to going into his shell when he cops a hard tackle. So while I thought he was worth retaining, I'm also not crying about losing him.

It just seems like we've invested a lot of time on another youngster who's hit a bit of form and is leaving though.we should be doing that to other clubs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
See ya bitch.
You better not learn to tackle before we play the Dolphins next season. You've been a soft cock in our defensive line all season.
I want to see Kikau & TPJ run over the top of you all game.
Please note Kennellers:
See note above how easy it is to move on ;)