Dogz salary cap breach???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is an interesting one... any payments or gifts that players receive as a result of their football status (i.e. for promotional reasons and such) must be taken to account, whether or not it was sanctioned by the club... BUT the gift Mason received was purely a personal gift UNTIL it was publicised on the footy show, and now could be seen as a promotional "payment"...

It'll be interesting to see what they make of it...

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
It is an interesting one... any payments or gifts that players receive as a result of their football status (i.e. for promotional reasons and such) must be taken to account, whether or not it was sanctioned by the club... BUT the gift Mason received was purely a personal gift UNTIL it was publicised on the footy show, and now could be seen as a promotional "payment"...

Gavid Gallop and the NRL can stfu and smd smrt and smlt, if we get a 30k necklace to we have to tell the ATO about it lol, mayb Mase works 4 the bloke, he mite market his jewelz 4 him. Thats doesnt mean its part of Mase's contract, this has nuffin 2 do with the club.

KaTe Maari

player agent
Reaction score
can someone tell me why mason loves to go to that show?

can u just shut up? i prefer he got a jaw injury.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Kate*twinkles*: Will the footy show payment add to the salary cap?
st george supporter: Yes U BREAK THE SALARY CAP.
lol dont think so, just like how SBW worked 4 pepsi and gatorade i dont think it counts

D

D0ggyStylz

Mason didn't come out and talk about it though. The panel did and mason responded to question. I don't think it will come down to promotional and it would be classified as personal. Am i making sense or talking sh1t?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Mason didn't come out and talk about it though. The panel did and mason responded to question. I don't think it will come down to promotional and it would be classified as personal. Am i making sense or talking sh1t?
that makes sense, in all sports players make a bit of money on the side, and in all the sports that money is not part of the cap, i dont c y the NRL will act differently.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, I agree with you... But it still makes me wonder why they brought i up in the first place... To me it seems like they are trying to entrap Mason by turning it into a promotional payment (by publicising it)...

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that makes sense, in all sports players make a bit of money on the side, and in all the sports that money is not part of the cap, i dont c y the NRL will act differently.
With the NRL rules, if you make any money that links back to your footy status / club (whether it was organised by the club or not), it counts towards the cap...

Why do you think so many clubs end up being fined for breaches every season... The rules are totally messed up!

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is only an issue if they are a sponsor for the club. If not it should not count.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
With the NRL rules, if you make any money that links back to your footy status / club (whether it was organised by the club or not), it counts towards the cap...

Why do you think so many clubs end up being fined for breaches every season... The rules are totally messed up!
But Nader has nuffin 2 do with the club, fair enuf if it was Mitsubshi Electric i would say yup ok its part of the cap, but this person does not sponsor the NRL nor the Bulldogs so y would he help pay Mase's wage if he isnt affiliated 2 the club in any way?

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dvs is right.. and

i am not sorry.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is only an issue if they are a sponsor for the club. If not it should not count.
YOU ARE WRONG

They don't have to be associated with the club. The player simply has to use their football status for promotional efforts...

Point in hand - Pepsi is not affiliated with our club at all, yet SBW payments still count (although his payments are exempt under the 2 players at 50K rule). All other external promotional payments MUST be accounted for (unless they have nothing to do with league).

Sound familiar AC?!

Once again YOU ARE WRONG!

P.S. Hansta, you are also wrong! :p

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
YOU ARE WRONG

They don't have to be associated with the club. The player simply has to use their football status for promotional efforts...

Point in hand - Pepsi is not affiliated with our club at all, yet SBW payments still count (although his payments are exempt under the 2 players at 50K rule). All other external promotional payments MUST be accounted for (unless they have nothing to do with league).

Sound familiar AC?!

Once again YOU ARE WRONG!

P.S. Hansta, you are also wrong! :p
lol can they prove Nadar gave the necklace because of his status or just as a friendly gesture. Its not like Mase publically came out and said there from Nadar, it was brought up by the footy show

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i remember Nadar also let Mase and his gf borrow some jewelz for the Daly Ms, if they werent friends i doubt he would have given them the jewelz, im pretty sure Malcolm Noad is aware of these things, who knows mayb they r part of the cap

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not saying that it should / will count towards his salary... I am just saying that given how stupid and overly complicated the NRL cappind system is, don't be surprised if they do...

Status
Not open for further replies.