dogslyfe watch collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You need some variety. Where the leather watch straps at? the canvas watch straps at?

wur day at, son?

dogslyfe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You need some variety. Where the leather watch straps at? the canvas watch straps at?

wur day at, son?
I do need more pieces that dont have numbers on the bezel haha. Thinking of an Omega Railmaster next. As for the straps - i had the speedie on a strap for a while but that bracelet is so beautiful I had to put it back on.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do need more pieces that dont have numbers on the bezel haha. Thinking of an Omega Railmaster next. As for the straps - i had the speedie on a strap for a while but that bracelet is so beautiful I had to put it back on.
Haha fair enough and you have some pretty sweet watches. The railmaster is a beast and would look good on any band.

Being a broke uni student i don't think i can justify paying a stack of money on a time piece just yet, ha.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I don't got a watch ... but I got a good story about 'em.

My mate in Year 6 at primary school Eric used to have a new digital watch about every month or so. It took a while, but after a 3 or 4, it became he's thing ... he was Eric the watch guy. It seemed the new one had some new additional feature that the previous didn't. No one could figure it out. So he went from one with a stopwatch ... to one with 10 different alarm tones .... to one with a built in calculator ... to one that stored 50 phone numbers/address details.

We'd ask : "Hey Eric, how come you got a new watch ?"
He'd say : "The last one stopped working properly ..."

Now let me sidetrack for a quick second : Do you remember the old electric-shock trick in school ? The one where you rub your feet on the carpet, then raise your feet off the ground and make a spark on the desk/person-next-to-you ???

Well ... it turns out Eric was a prick for that.
He'd not only have double (maybe triple or more) the strength shock, but he would cause visible sparks on the desk legs !!!

Turns out Eric had an excess of natural voltage in him or some sh*t ... and he kept burning out his watches because of it.

dogslyfe

Kennel Established
Reaction score

My mate in Year 6 at primary school Eric used to have a new digital watch about every month or so. It took a while, but after a 3 or 4, it became he's thing ... he was Eric the watch guy. It seemed the new one had some new additional feature that the previous didn't. No one could figure it out. So he went from one with a stopwatch ... to one with 10 different alarm tones .... to one with a built in calculator ... to one that stored 50 phone numbers/address details.

Now let me sidetrack for a quick second : Do you remember the old electric-shock trick in school ? The one where you rub your feet on the carpet, then raise your feet off the ground and make a spark on the desk/person-next-to-you ???

He'd not only have double (maybe triple or more) the strength shock, but he would cause visible sparks on the desk legs !!!

Turns out Eric had an excess of natural voltage in him or some sh*t ... and he kept burning out his watches because of it.
haha CK did he ever zap you?

Incidentally if he purchased a Rolex Milgauss or Omega Railmaster it would not have been a problem as they are designed for electrical workers/scientists etc and can basically be zapped be lightning and still keep going! They look like regular models too which is pretty cool. That said they are pretty expensive solutions for timekeeping in that environment and would mostly be for prestige/multi use.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
haha CK did he ever zap you?
Just the once from memory ... I didn't sit next to him to cop repeated doses, but I'm remember doing it (with everyone else at least once) to test if I could handle it.

I also remember if he held a metal ruler in his hand, instead of using his finger, he'd get a massive blue spark from the ruler to the desk leg, and you could hear the 'click' from the other side of the room.

He was a right f*cker for it ... he went to a private high school away from most of us in the next year. Dunno what became of him.

Cat & Mouse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.