Dogs went after Fifita according to Tallis

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Albeit, after his first stint with the Broncos. Before signing with the Tits, we were in conversations. And apparently - we offered the most:

Tallis: “The deal that Brisbane offered him, the first time he (Fifita) went to the Titans, I think the Dogs offered him the most money. This is what I get a bit annoyed [about]. He knocked back money to go to the Titans. He knocked back about $100,000. That’s a lot of money.”

I don’t recall us even being in the conversation but whatever. I’m happy that we ended up with Joe Shitson and Waddles

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well it would of been silly to not go after him (1m MAX). If we offered more than Titan that's worrying tho because Titan offered overs on overs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Albeit, after his first stint with the Broncos. Before signing with the Tits, we were in conversations. And apparently - we offered the most:

Tallis: “The deal that Brisbane offered him, the first time he (Fifita) went to the Titans, I think the Dogs offered him the most money. This is what I get a bit annoyed [about]. He knocked back money to go to the Titans. He knocked back about $100,000. That’s a lot of money.”

I don’t recall us even being in the conversation but whatever. I’m happy that we ended up with Joe Shitson and Waddles
I’m happy that we ended up with Joe Shitson and Waddles.

good one lol....we just about got 2 for the price of half of Fifita haha.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sounds exactly like something Lynne Anderson would do so very likely true

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds exactly like something Lynne Anderson would do so very likely true
So true, she probably used a valuation index based upon Dylan Napa being worth $600,000 per season and worked her way up from there.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
What good would it have done anyway? It's not like we know how to utilise backowers or any outside back for that matter. Plus he would've been on a long term deal and getting fuck all value out of him. An all too familiar story.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes, but at least there's a good reason to sign DF (has skills and is FG quality)
He has the odd great game but overall hes not been outstanding. and for his price, he needs to be outstanding to be worth it. Bullet dodged imo.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember when as a club we went for forwards like JWH, NAS, Carrigan or Kafusi types. Not She Rex or Fifita or potentially TPJ…

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’d be ultra surprised if NAS or Haas is not in our sights.
Don't want Haas as tight with TPJ who we need to move on eventually. NAS all day.