Dogs Vs Sharks THIS IS IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Of course not you trolling fool ...

1. I'd be happy just to make them - It's my goal for the year every year. It shows we're competetive which is all I want.

2. If we were 8th playing 1st, I don't think it'd bother me that much. If we were 5th playing 4th, I'd be concerned and bummed if it meant we got knocked out.
glad your not the coach

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm talking in a "seasonal" context ... 13 wins and 11 losses = Finals footy = Good season

..... Flame on.
Still, it's a losing mentality. What's the reason we have a table and keep the score in individual games? It's about winning. This club has the potential to be dominant with the right personnel, and that's what I want, because it's realistic.

I'd be content with that record if it represented fulfilling our full potential, but it doesn't. Scraping into finals footy is not a good season in my books (semi pun).

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
C'mon CK, the top eight every year! .......
Out of a competition of 16 do you think you have achieved anything by making 7th or 8th.
If a coach is asking for that he is not expecting too much achievement out of his players.

If the semis were the top 6 out of 16 then the other ten would pull their finger out from the get go and
not wait till the skinny end of the season and fall into the 8 not because they did not do well but because the
others near the eight stuffed up either from bad form or injuries.

At the start of the season and Moore tells the players our aim is to just make the eight I dont think it would give
them any inspiration to give all on the field.

Thats where Moore lacks in my opinion......cannot inspire players to bring out the individual qualities that they posess and mould them into a overall quality team.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Finish 8th and win the comp, that would be awesome

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Finish 8th and win the comp, that would be awesome
For us it would.

Come some months out from the semis and no hope of making top 4, Moore gets replaced and we later go and win comp. from eighth.
Now that would be awesome!!...

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Still, it's a losing mentality. What's the reason we have a table and keep the score in individual games? It's about winning. This club has the potential to be dominant with the right personnel, and that's what I want, because it's realistic.

I'd be content with that record if it represented fulfilling our full potential, but it doesn't. Scraping into finals footy is not a good season in my books (semi pun).
Look .... (*sighs and takes deep breath*) .... I only said 13 wins to make a point.

Of course - The more wins the happier times are, and YES I'd love that ... but I dont "expect" it !

If I were to use your mentality as face value, it sounds like you'd be happy if we went 26 rounds undefeated, and bowed out in the GF qualifier ... but I know better, and for you it's not that simple.

It;s not good versus bad here - They're different !

C'mon CK, the top eight every year! .......
Out of a competition of 16 do you think you have achieved anything by making 7th or 8th.
If a coach is asking for that he is not expecting too much achievement out of his players.

If the semis were the top 6 out of 16 then the other ten would pull their finger out from the get go and not wait till the skinny end of the season and fall into the 8 not because they did not do well but because the others near the eight stuffed up either from bad form or injuries.

At the start of the season and Moore tells the players our aim is to just make the eight I dont think it would give them any inspiration to give all on the field.

Thats where Moore lacks in my opinion......cannot inspire players to bring out the individual qualities that they posess and mould them into a overall quality team.
The bold bit -> Depends - Parra seemed happy with their run to the GF in '09 after a sh*thouse start
to that year ... in that case, if we had a similar trot I might be happy if we had that momentum.

The rest of it -> I doubt he just tells them to "make the 8" ... I'd like to think they view the season as a journey whereby they can adjust/improve/promote/drop/change accordingly in order to (and here's the key bit) "BE IN CONTENTION" for finals footy. Every player wants to play finals footy do they not ?

end up in the finals and get beat by 30 or 40 yay
1998 - 9th of 10 (13 wins/11 losses) and beat 8th,5th,2nd,4th to make GF.
2001 - 2nd (17 wins/7 losses) and lost badly twice to 7th (23-22) and 4th (52-10).

Made 5 out 10 finals since, and won a comp - More than you can say for most clubs.
I'll take it.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
the sooner we cant make the 8 the sooner moore will be gone

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Seems like people here want us to lose against the Sharks.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
CK's been into the super strength happy pills again

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Seems like people here want us to lose against the Sharks.
Yep - It justifies them as being 'right' ... if we win, to some there'll still be sh*t wrong with it.

CK's been into the super strength happy pills again
:thumb:
Actually ... I realise I've stepped on many toes the last few days, and I was gonna come here and make a thread about "turning over a new leaf" or something similar ... so for the last 2-3 days while I've been occupied with new work, I've been posting less .... and a weird unsettling form of clarity has developed.

C

chipandchase

you and i should not be on here, we actually make sense.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Ben Roberts will be playing this game!

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
FAIL!

The team didnt turn up
I seen bulldogs fans holding banners bagging our players coach...

sometimes its hard to be a doggies fan alond side some of the scum that also call them selves fans!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is one of the worlds bests sides being sabotaged? Any Witnesses??

Status
Not open for further replies.