Dogs v Panthers press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I might have been the only one that saw it, but when Thompson kicked it in to Mansour, it appeared Mansour jumped in to the kick (with his arms up in the not played at position). He jumped in to it and only just knicked it, as if he made an effort to.
Did the dogs not have a similar situation occur but yet was judged to have been played at?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where is the fcken presser?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who was in the box? .... thats where the conference ended.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
I thought he'd blame the refs but I guess he accepts this is just what they do, why cop 10g for saying what everyone already knows and yet cannot be fixed by him saying something. I actually enjoy the first words were that the boys were disappointing, with no respect for the ball. He knows all they need to do is hold onto the ball and keep smashing away at their forwards. Hodko and grub aren't DCE or Johnson or Thurston, they are solid average halves. We have our own way of winning, but it requires everyones to turn up on the day. 55%+ possession, consistent pressure in their 20 and usually solid defence is the gameplan. We didn't have any of that, so we lost.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Did the dogs not have a similar situation occur but yet was judged to have been played at?
Yep, except in the case of that one it actually wasn't played at...... a pass glanced off the arm in the act of making a tackle, there was no play for the ball at all.

How the **** you can jump into the path of a ball being kicked and not be playing at it is a little beyond me...... guess it was a pre-emptive jump for joy knowing another bullshit call was about to be made?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
At the end Des asked who was in the box
He knew darn well who was in the box,
He was making a point without saying anything to cause him a fine,
He also said he might se chechin at belmore again?
Lol, despite Des comments, he is furious at refs and will for sure have a huge whinge behind closed doors, I am sure of that.
Yeah, with Des you have to read between the lines with what he says.

He twice mentioned about 4 disallowed tries, took a few underhanded swipes at the video ref as well.

You could tell he was fuming over it, but also made no excuse for how we played (and that might also be to make it seem like hes not just attacking the refs).

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd give them a spray like never before
I think the refs deserved a massive spray. I understand that we were terrible and didn't deserve to win but those disallowed tries caused a massive momentum shift. At some stage Des needs to stand up for the club and fight for our right for a fair go from the refs.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find des is more concerned with getting the guys playing well rather than using the refs as an excuse

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Yep, except in the case of that one it actually wasn't played at...... a pass glanced off the arm in the act of making a tackle, there was no play for the ball at all.

How the **** you can jump into the path of a ball being kicked and not be playing at it is a little beyond me...... guess it was a pre-emptive jump for joy knowing another bullshit call was about to be made?
Exactly my point. This 2 ref system is horrible tbh.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ah yes but if you watch his body language and listen really closely you can see the underlying meaning. We were poor yes, but our poor performance was compounded by poor officiating. We had what, 44% possession but decisions allowed the score to be what it was.Des does care.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am with you brother and I said so at the time it happened.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was in no great mood to watch the presser till now. Des looked like a sealed boiling kettle about to explode.
Toovey has his way to vent and but tbh what's the point you cop the fine still nothing will be changed.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler came out with the tongue squirt in this press conference, something new compared to his usual nose whistles.

whats the meaning and difference between Hasler's nose whistles and this new tongue squirt?

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
hasler came out with the tongue squirt in this press conference, something new compared to his usual nose whistles.

Whats the meaning and difference between hasler's nose whistles and this new tongue squirt?
lmfao what!

Status
Not open for further replies.