Dogs total metres, hit-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Today I noticed that Games Graham has made the most hit-ups in the NRL so far this year.

Here’s the Dogs top 5 forwards in terms of metres so far in 2014:

1. James Graham – metres: 3263; hit-ups: 329; all runs: 388
2. Dale Finucane – metres: 2398; hit-ups: 232; all runs 271
3. Aiden Tolman - metres: 2392; hit-ups: 233; all runs: 271
4. Tony Williams – metres: 2366; hit-ups 153; all runs: 257
5. Josh Jackson - metres: 2184; hit-ups: 153; all runs: 254

Of course, total stats don’t really mean that much, as they tell you nothing about context. However, they doe re-instate James Graham’s godly status.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Today I noticed that Games Graham has made the most hit-ups in the NRL so far this year.

1. James Graham – metres: 3263; hit-ups: 329
2. Dale Finucane – metres: 2398; hit-ups: 232
3. Aiden Tolman - metres: 2392; hit-ups: 233
4. Tony Williams – metres: 2366; hit-ups 153
5. Josh Jackson - metres: 2184; hit-ups: 153

Of course, total stats don’t really mean that much, as they tell you nothing about context. However, they doe re-instate James Graham’s godly status.
why isnt tony williams in blue as well, dont you like him?

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Love James Graham , good metres there .

Off topic but going into round 26 our for and against is +8 . Am I the only one embarrassed ?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

Off topic but going into round 26 our for and against is +8 . Am I the only one embarrassed ?
at least its positive tbh

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i bet we have the highest hit up count in the comp?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tony has now joined the hyperlink party

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What this proves is that James Graham is a class above any of the forwards at our club...
tolman is closer than it seems in this list, he missed a few games compared to games graham

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brisbane, tigers & cowboys - you take those embarrassments out of our season and our +/- looks pretty good. That's how tight the comp is though. The 3 bad weeks we had have cost us top 4 and possibly 5 or 6

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

3263 meters!! I havnt even travelled that far all year (on foot)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

This proves Graham's fuel burn Is higher than anyone else in the team..... the machine will wear quicker than normal at this rate. This needs to change and tolman getting injured didnt really help this.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Whats more embarrassing Is that we were equal first 7 weeks ago and had easier teams infront of us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i also think Graham touches the ball way to much, same way Peptide Gallen does.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i also think Graham touches the ball way to much, same way Peptide Gallen does.
all our forwards overplay their hand... part of Dessies' genius forward based play that has seen diminishing returns from 2012.

he has flattened our attack structures and reduced all our games to a slow grind.

i love the dogs but fck we are boring to watch!

PS. yes, we are the team that has the most hit ups, by a visible margin as well.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the dragons made the most metres gained last year, but they couldn't score points.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
all our forwards overplay their hand... part of Dessies' genius forward based play that has seen diminishing returns from 2012.

he has flattened our attack structures and reduced all our games to a slow grind.

i love the dogs but fck we are boring to watch!

PS. yes, we are the team that has the most hit ups, by a visible margin as well.
Des needs to get his shit sorted, i am getting over him.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des needs to get his shit sorted, i am getting over him.
Absolutely. Be adventurous, Put the ball through the hands like we do in the warm up....In fact the warm up is the only time more than 2 players touch the ball each tackle we "construct" in attack. Des's idea of "ballwork" is the dummy half passing to a forward who tucks it under the arm and runs straight at defenders. What Id give for a Ben Hunt and an attacking coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolutely. Be adventurous, Put the ball through the hands like we do in the warm up....In fact the warm up is the only time more than 2 players touch the ball each tackle we "construct" in attack. Des's idea of "ballwork" is the dummy half passing to a forward who tucks it under the arm and runs straight at defenders. What Id give for a Ben Hunt and an attacking coach.
i don't know if we are playing like this due to his lack of trust in the halves and rest of the spine, or if he seriously thinks this style of play is good enough to win a comp. The attempted recruitment of fifi tells me he may actually believe this forward based game plan is good enough and i can't agree. We need to play a close to perfect game in these current structures and hope that the ref is fair and consistent with his calls to win. We played a solid 70mins of mistake free footy against souths and all it took was a couple of errors for souths to punish us.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i don't know if we are playing like this due to his lack of trust in the halves and rest of the spine, or if he seriously thinks this style of play is good enough to win a comp. The attempted recruitment of fifi tells me he may actually believe this forward based game plan is good enough and i can't agree. We need to play a close to perfect game in these current structures and hope that the ref is fair and consistent with his calls to win. We played a solid 70mins of mistake free footy against souths and all it took was a couple of errors for souths to punish us.
Like I said In earlier posts, our game plan demands our players to put in 100% for complete 80 minutes, clearly we do not rely on scoring points to win the games and I am sure our tactics are mainly around defence. I have started to believe now that des has so much lack of confidence in the ability of our play makers that probably we dont even practice any attacking set plays during training.
It was evident during the loss to rabbits, it is beyoned me why hodko was putting up bomb after bomb for our midget wingers who had no chance of competing against tall rabbitohs backs. This tells me either hodko has no fcken clue or he was playing as per the game plan given by des...either way it was fcken dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.