News Dogs Top 8?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been trying to work out how/why the "experts" think that we are going to be worse than the debacle that was last season and I ended up with;

Lewis to suffer from 2nd year syndrome.
Foran to get injured and not play for most of the season.
Mozzies replacements to be flops.
Klemmer to be irreplaceable because the other forwards are all duds.
Jackson to get picked for the Blues and not play for us in between.
Napa to be suspended for the 1st half of the season and then use his head (or not) and get suspended for the 2nd half.
Every other new recruit to fail, Meanie to flop at fullback and Hopoate to bomb it at centre.
The salary cap auditor to find that we are $3m over the cap and we lose all of our points.
Pay to be sacked by the Board after a couple of losses.
The Board to be sacked by the members.

IMHO for us to finish last it would require almost all of the above to happen. What the "experts" have ignored is where we will finish if none of the above happens. Or even if only a couple occur. We all know that during a season shit happens, but its going to take a rather large pile óf it to get anywhere near last year.

Go Dogs

Well said sir!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still think that Bulldogs fan has more credibility than some journalists.
Yes perhaps, but alot of bulldogs fans also have zero objectivity.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Highly unlikely tbh. I think the best thing we can do is play an overall better brand of football. Past few years has been fucking hard being a Dogs fan

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay said initially that he wanted every team we play, to know they had just rumbled with the Bulldogs.
I think we have the team to achieve that.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lichaa is another year wiser and hard to run through, him and Tolman are a block in the middle.
Lichha can not be in the starting 17 period.
The only reason he hasn't f#@ked off already is because no one wants him because he is sssshhhhiiiiitttt. Not even Super League teams are in for him, so why are we even considering him?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I am no longer saying we may make the 8. Now I’m saying we will. Many on here think it’s not possible but there is no reason why we can’t. We had a good finish last year, yeah for a while we did battle for that spoon but my god what team in the comp went through what we did and still beat a couple of 8 contenders towards the end. We are younger and full of enthusiasm. Players dying to show us what they can do. Competition for spots. No salary cap probs, and guess what all want to be there. Doggies for me.