News Dogs to stick with Lewis in halves

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Dinkumdog, can you share any info ?
What are the true feelings on board level towards Pay ?
He showed he was edgy and nervous in the interview !!!
Edgy and nervous? I saw him as being more like disappointed and angry, that the players let themselves down so badly in a game that they gifted to their opposition with stupid errors. It was sloppy and undisciplined.

Go Dogs

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really unprofessional.

Pay went into the season with poor selections in the spine. Now he has benched Lewis in rd 2.

He keeps running set plays with DWZ at fullback.

Now Pay has to make changes on the fly when we should have had key positions sorted going into this season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Edgy and nervous? I saw him as being more like disappointed and angry, that the players let themselves down so badly in a game that they gifted to their opposition with stupid errors. It was sloppy and undisciplined.

Go Dogs
I agree he appeared, angry and disappointed at first, but when the Lewis line of questioning started he definitely looked edgy..

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah he did have a good short kicking game and was a good support player too..... There's one game against manly that stands out where it ricocheted off the post and he scored...... but I do remember many instances where he kicked the ball straight into opposition players.
It’s my only decent memory him...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to stick with the Lewis wakeham combo...

Our forwards need to step up and give both these boys some room before we start swapping and changing spine combinations.

Has he not learned anything from last year ?
I agree he appeared, angry and disappointed at first, but when the Lewis line of questioning started he definitely looked edgy..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He said we have the right pairing which he didn't need to say. That's probably just him trying to take the spotlight off Lewis if anything. I actually think Pay will drop Lewis come game day because he has to now. Hopefully he does because Lewis has had enough chances.
Right pairing. Maybe he was referring to the second half :-). We’ll see mate.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He needs to stick with the Lewis wakeham combo...

Our forwards need to step up and give both these boys some room before we start swapping and changing spine combinations.

Has he not learned anything from last year ?
Persistence with Lewis will be futile and will only cost us time in someone else's development.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dinkumdog, can you share any info ?
What are the true feelings on board level towards Pay ?
He showed he was edgy and nervous in the interview !!!
Why is it you think I can share info about how the board feels about the coach?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Broncos showed persistence with their young squad now they are flying.

We are going ok
Persistence with Lewis will be futile and will only cost us time in someone else's development.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come our forwards are not in the spotlight?

We are not being dominant in attack because they are not bending the line.

No wonder Lewis is in the team cause his boot alone saves us get out of trouble more often than not

We are going ok

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I used to say the same thing about Elliott, now he is our best forward with daylight second
Lol. Elliott has more ball playing ability than fucking Lewis, there is no comparison. Lewis just doesn't have the technical or tactical skills required and never will, no amount of time will change that.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

We are going ok
surely you're not comparing lewis to the broncos young players... LOL bit early to be drinking isn't it ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its very obvious that Averillo has more ability than Wakeham. That ability must be utilised.
Our halves tier list

7 options
1. Wakeham
2. Cogger

6 options
1. Foran
2. Averillo
3. Lewis

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know many Broncos players that can kick 40/20's or field goals from all over the park when pressure is on
surely you're not comparing lewis to the broncos young players... LOL bit early to be drinking isn't it ?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know many Broncos players that can kick 40/20's or field goals from all over the park when pressure is on
he'skicked one 40/20 and now all of a sudden its part of his arsenal ?? ..

besides 40/20's, defence and drop kicks are a very small part of being a half.. the larger part of being a half, lewis fails at very badly ..