Dogs to move Mbye to Hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
id rather mbye at 9 than reynolds. his service off the ground is worse than lichaa's.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In attack i think he could handle it tbh. He doesnt have to think under des. Just pass (or occasional run). Its the defence that would kill him, 40+ tackles on bung shoulders.
His service would be rubbish imo. Rather just give Woolford and run, seen him play a few times and has looked great...but then again so did Lichaa until Des got his hands on him. Deadset should of just bought Ballin lol.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you paste whole article don't want to subscribe lol
What’s the Buzz: Sydney derby is the hottest ticket in town and the Eels get a long holiday

Phil Rothfield, The Sunday Telegraph
September 17, 2016 10:00pm
Subscriber only

FOOTY Players salute a fallen mate, the Eels’ long holiday, and the A-League’s Sydney derby is the hottest ticket in town.

SAINT
SAY whatever you want about Channel Nine’s Footy Show, but you can’t bag what they do for charity. On Thursday night, the show raised $450,000 for the wonderful Starlight Foundation.

SINNERS
RUGBY League Week’s player poll has thrown up some alarming results. Only 17 per cent of players have called for life bans for domestic violence, obviously oblivious to the fact it is the second-biggest cause of death in NSW, behind only road accidents. This isn’t good enough.

SPOTTED
SOCCER boss David Gallop with A-League superstar Tim Cahill at Rockpool restaurant in Melbourne on Wednesday.

SHOOSH
WHICH NRL club has covered up the appalling behaviour of a drunk official who removed his clothes in front of a female employee at end-of-season drinks?

Referee Gerard Sutton in action. Pic Mark Evans

SHOOSH II
THERE is serious unrest in refereeing ranks over pin-up boy Gerard Sutton and the perception he is getting favourable treatment from NRL refs boss Tony Archer.

SHOOSH III
WHICH league TV commentator has contacted rival network Channel 7 to throw his name into the ring as chief caller for next year’s World Cup?

SHOOSH IV
Which lowlife has spread rumours an NRL star is having an affair with a glamorous TV host? It’s wrong.

SHOOSH V
WHICH South Sydney Rabbitohs star is in talks with the Cronulla Sharks to switch clubs next year?

SHOOSH VI
WHICH NRL big name is working as a sales assistant in a jewellery shop in Sydney’s CBD?

SHOOSH VII
THE Bulldogs will move halfback Moses Mbye to hooker next year to accommodate a new halves pairing, possibly involving Kieran Foran. This means Michael Lichaa is now on the outer and will be given permission to look elsewhere.

Moses Mbye ois set for a change next season. Photo: Mark Evans.

JOE UNDER RADAR AT HAYSON TALK
CONSIDERING the number of journos in the room at the Eddie Hayson press conference, it was surprising they all failed to notice an intriguing figure sitting up the back.

Legal expert Joe Collins, who works for the NRL in the integrity unit, gatecrashed the press conference and sat there taking notes before reporting straight back to his bosses, Nick Weeks and Karen Murphy. An NRL source told me the integrity unit has no power to interview people outside the game and would not be seeking an interview with Hayson.

Brad Arthur has given his squad an extended break after a demanding season.

PARRA TREATED AS TOP EIGHT OUTFIT
PARRAMATTA Eels coach Brad Arthur has rewarded his players with an extended off-season holiday.

“The players busted their arses and it wasn’t their fault we’re not playing in the finals,” he told us. “I said to them before the last-round Warriors game that I’d treat them like a semi-final team if they won. And they did. We would have finished the year on 30 points if not for losing the 12 points.”

The Eels would have finished in eighth spot — three points ahead of the Gold Coast Titans.

“If we’d dropped our bundle after being stripped of the points, they wouldn’t be getting the break,” Arthur said. “The past two years we trained during the finals because we didn’t make them. We played like a top-eight team so I told them I’d treat them like a top-eight team.”

FAMILY’S ANGUISH
WE should have known something was wrong in Wayne Bennett’s family judging by the body language of NRL 360 host Ben Ikin during a discussion on the Broncos on Fox Sports last week. Ikin is married to Bennett’s daughter, Beth, and has understandably been rarely critical of his father-in-law.

However, it was a different story when he unleashed on Bennett. Both Ben and Beth have thrown their support behind Bennett’s wife, Trish, as they deal with the anguish of their separation.

Anticipation for the Sydney derby is growing. Pic Mark Evans.

WANDERERS THE HOTTEST TICKET
WHILE the NRL has struggled to sell finals tickets in Sydney, there’s no such problem for soccer. Already 50,000 tickets have been sold to the Sydney FC-Wanderers derby at ANZ Stadium on the weekend after the rugby league grand final, October 8. Officials now expect a crowd of up to 70,000 for the A-League blockbuster. The derby has also attracted incredibly strong corporate interest. The Wanderers have sold 700 tickets to a derby-eve sponsors’ lunch at ANZ Stadium.

MORE WAUGH

THE Waugh name lives on in Australian cricket. Former Test captain Steve Waugh’s son Austin — a 16-year-old all-rounder — has won an elite junior scholarship with NSW Cricket. Austin played for the Australian under-16 team against Pakistan in Bowral last year and, just like his famous dad, he bats in the middle order and bowls medium pace.

Erin Molan is set to join 2GB’s Continuous Call team.

ERIN A RADIO STAR
CHANNEL Nine’s Footy Show star Erin Molan is in talks with 2GB on becoming a full-time member of the Continuous Call team next season. Molan has filled in twice this year and done a fantastic job with her wicked sense of humour and knowledge of the game on the rare occasions they actually talk about the football.

“We all know how good Erin is on television,” said Ray Hadley. “Well, I actually think she could be an even bigger star on radio. She just gets it.”

JOEYS JUMP GUN

WE mentioned in this column last week how St Joseph’s players in the Cronulla JRL had been accused of burning a jersey of rival club De La Salle during grand final celebrations. It turns out the Joeys president jumped the gun and apologised for what happened before knowing all the facts. An investigation has since cleared all St Joseph’s players. It was a person not involved with the club who burned the jersey.

WALLABIES FLOGGED BY EPL DERBY

THE poor old Wallabies are struggling for support after some ordinary performances against England and the All Blacks. In free-to-air TV ratings from last Saturday night, the Wallabies versus Springboks Test was knocked off by the English Premier League on SBS in the five-metro market. Admittedly, it was a huge EPL game — the big Manchester derby — but in the good old days a Wallaby Test would flog any soccer game. The derby had 267,000 viewers to rugby’s 228,000.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds fan boys lol. Moses had more tries, try assists, line break asssits, points, goals and forced dropouts than Reynolds this season, yet some carry on like Reynolds was streaks ahead of him and act like Moses was trash. Reynolds must be less than trash if trash is putting more points on the board at younger age and with far less experience than him.

I do think Moses could go well at hooker, but sure as shit wouldn't be moving him there in the dogs system. Much rather play him in the 6 if Foran comes along. Club should hurry up and move Reynolds on.
You're not getting the point though.

He has passion which automatically makes him better than the Mbye.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're not getting the point though.

He has passion which automatically makes him better than the Mbye.
plus when it comes to the crunch , Mbye always goes missing and JR always wins the game for us.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why Reynolds doesn't kick goals in first grade? Surely he would have been better than asking Tim Browne to kick last year. He was a kicker in the lower grades and it is strange that he doesn't kick now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why Reynolds doesn't kick goals in first grade? Surely he would have been better than asking Tim Browne to kick last year. He was a kicker in the lower grades and it is strange that he doesn't kick now.
Same reason he lets his rookie halves partner wear the 7.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reynolds could have 0 try assists, 0 tries all season and 10 brain snaps but at the end of the day he has passion which overrides every thing.
And we will still have 0 premierships with him like we do now :tearsofjoy:

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds to hooker
Mybe to full back
Hopoate can leave with Noel Cleal

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol only Des would fuck up our cap and fork out 700k for a tackling machine

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And we will still have 0 premierships with him like we do now :tearsofjoy:
Yes LOL

Was just geeing you up, it points out how ridiculous this passion argument is. All I hear about is his passion yet no one talks about the skill as a player.

I reckon no coach will have the balls to move him on because he is loved by so many fans, the majority of fans would turn on the coach. Robbie Farah saga mkII

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes LOL

Was just geeing you up, it points out how ridiculous this passion argument is. All I hear about is his passion yet no one talks about the skill as a player.

I reckon no coach will have the balls to move him on because he is loved by so many fans, the majority of fans would turn on the coach. Robbie Farah saga mkII

one of the only halves to win the only state of origin series for blues in last 12 years.

just saying.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds fan boys lol. Moses had more tries, try assists, line break asssits, points, goals and forced dropouts than Reynolds this season, yet some carry on like Reynolds was streaks ahead of him and act like Moses was trash. Reynolds must be less than trash if trash is putting more points on the board at younger age and with far less experience than him.

I do think Moses could go well at hooker, but sure as shit wouldn't be moving him there in the dogs system. Much rather play him in the 6 if Foran comes along. Club should hurry up and move Reynolds on.
Stats dont always tell the story.
Im not jr biggest fan either but he outplayed moses for the majority of the season and you would be blind to not see that.
We would have lost a few more games had it not been for reynolds, moses disapears wayyyy to much during a game.
Im not a fan of either of them at hooker, id more like to see mybe given a crack at fullback if one had to accomadate foran or whoever else

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same reason he lets his rookie halves partner wear the 7.
IMO 26 year old rookie Cody Walker made Reynolds look overpaid this season. I'm over the so called passion and want to see some actual tangible outcomes from his play.

Status
Not open for further replies.