Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely this must be the beginning of the end for Jackson unless he can lead by being an interchange prop. Nothing wrong with his defence at least. Bit like Tolman.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
$800K+ a year for four years for a back rower when we don't have a hooker or halfback seems... unwise
Agree with this however we still don't know the terms of his contract, nor is our spending finished for '23.

It seems as tho we're going hard for a hooker, so hopefully one of those will be ticked off.

Half? Which ones are available in '23? I wouldn't have a clue.

Maybe it's a case where the club is strengthening where it can with what is available rather than waiting in hope?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We have 18 months til his contract starts. There might be a possibility we have a half or hooker by then
We have half a hooker at the moment…. I think the recruitment team didn’t read the memo properly

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
They are also getting every fucking position except halfback we need that the most
Seriously hahah what halfback in the NRL would you like to get then ???

Lets see

Pearce his fucked in the head off to france shit

A Reynolds just signed with Broncos

Fogarty just signed with Raiders shit

S Johnson Just signed with NZ half shit

DCE 1.4m ? His with Manly and potential qld move to dolphins .. shit anyway

J Hughes with melbourne till 2023? enough said

C Townsend just signed to cowboys shit

B Hunt ahahah shit

Must be some invisible JT out there i cant see?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Lets see

B Hunt ahahah shit

That's exactly how I feel.

Of course it's be great to land a quality halfback but if there's no one out there do we simply sit on our hands?

Agree, it's not the position is strengthen first but you can only buy what's in front of you.

What I will say is that's I'm extremely excited by what's happening behind the scenes. Happy days on that front.

Buck stops with what happens on the field. We need to really start performing now.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Lets see

B Hunt ahahah shit

Exactly the quality at halfback position is the lowest i have ever seen it. Other than Cleary and Hughes theres not much out there. We have a potentially dominant half in Burton already. IMO hooker has become a more important position in the game today.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
That's exactly how I feel.

Of course it's be great to land a quality halfback but if there's no one out there do we simply sit on our hands?

Agree, it's not the position is strengthen first but you can only buy what's in front of you.

What I will say is that's I'm extremely excited by what's happening behind the scenes. Happy days on that front.

Buck stops with what happens on the field. We need to really start performing now.
Burton is a luxury we have a serious potential star in BBO , Wakeham is there and 3 or 4 talented young ones coming also

What are we supposed to do sign another half to block all these kids just stupid people cant see it

Plus most teams in 2 years time will all have very good young halfs so we need to be ready and have ours primed

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly the quality at halfback position is the lowest i have ever seen it. Other than Cleary and Hughes theres not much out there. We have a potentially dominant half in Burton already. IMO hooker has become a more important position in the game today.
Could be that the club feels it's best to promote from within when it comes halfback?