Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I LOVE the fact that opposition fans hate us again because that's when you know we are on the right track. Apparently, we have stolen the Rorter's sombrero

There was nothing worse than when opposition fans were taking pity on us...now that pity has turned to jealousy and hate. That means we're back baby. Bring it on
100% FG !!!

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wakeham ahead of both at 7 for me. Avo or BBO at 14. It’s all just about who gels with Burton the best we are not short of options which is good.
Yeah I’m happy for whoever gels best I’m just a big fan of halves with running games and I haven’t seen wakeham run much, even through juniors so I can’t comment on him in that regards. Happy for him to have a crack if he’s the best option.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wakeham ahead of both at 7 for me. Avo or BBO at 14. It’s all just about who gels with Burton the best we are not short of options which is good.
I think a major factor will be that we will have plenty of go forward next season. Our halves should be able to play with a bit more space and momentum which hardly happened at all last season. We were on the backfoot most of the season and consistently struggled to get out of our half

There is a golden opportunity for one of these guys to grab. I think competition for the spot is great, so may the best man win

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kikau didn't mean for it to get out though. Neither did the club. Does it really matter if it gets announced two days before or after their parade? Still doesn't change the fact that they won..

Plus these signings being announced a year plus in advance is way more common now. I hate it but you just get used to it and don't get as attached to these players as they change clubs more often than ever.
Yeah I don’t disagree mate. I still think it sucks for him though as there is no need to ruin his premiership celebrations. Also unless he is playing for us in 22 I don’t think wearing our colours was needed or smart.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The biggest question now for me is who baz is going to squeeze out of the team to make way for his favourite player Waddell. I’ve just accepted that Waddell will be one of the first players baz picks each week regardless of our roster. I hope I’m wrong.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow, I think its a great buy but a bit over the odds. Imagine Kikau and Pangai together. Reminds me of Cement Gallespi and Peter Kelly in the same pack. I guess they are looking to the future when one of the other forwards contract finishes like Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Paul Vaughan, Luke Thompson. The point is every team that wants to win the comp needs at least one top shelf back rower and as the cap goes up they are going to be around the 800k mark.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Twitter post sums up my response :grinning:

"Is it really a big deal? He signed with another club and put their shirt on. Clubs tell contracted players they are no longer wanted or part of their plans. I know which is more disrespectful."
But the difference is he still has another season to go with the Panthers. Yeah sign all you want. But wearing the opposition's colours wouldn't sit right with me either.