Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton and JAC Barrett has claim although JAC was probably more $$$’s. He also signed Allen, Waddles, Flange, Cotric, and re-signed Elliott.

Gus, without question was our best signing in 2021 and is madly trying to move on or offload most of the Barrett signings.
This would have to be one of the most aggressive recruitment scenarios I have seen just seriously shaken the tree in a few months with seemingly nothing on offer prior to that, I have a new found respect for him.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% mate. Whilst Smiths undoubtedly a quality rake, I just think Mahoney adds that bit of extra craft and guile which are more the traits that we need. Tidy kicking game, great vision, service as crisp as any and a very good rugby league brain.

This is our best signing for many years. Absolutely stoked.
Honestly, i reckon either at those prices would have been good.
IMO Cheese is both more versatile (can move into middle forward role) and is less injury prone so his 850k price tag is comparitively good. He is also part of a winning culture and has good vibes along with JAC.
Im just happy we have finally sorted this important position. Coz i was very worried when we signed Cook. Very worried.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey bro, he still lives in wagga area, bourkelands to be exact, i live in coolamon now, still see doggies ledends around turvey chris mortimer greg brentnall simon gillies etc.
I re-carpeted the Coolamon Golf Club in early 2000’s..lol
Beautiful little spot down there..lived in Junee for 5yrs and would see Adam quite a bit around town..
Would see Daley’s parents every weekend at the Junee Club too
Pez was a very underrated player and top bloke
had the worst Chinese feed in that place then won $300 on the pokies
Back then it nearly sent them broke

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton and JAC Barrett has claim although JAC was probably more $$$’s. He also signed Allen, Waddles, Flange, Cotric, and re-signed Elliott.

Gus, without question was our best signing in 2021 and is madly trying to move on or offload most of the Barrett signings.
I agree.
We can thank Covid19 for all this.
If it weren't for the virus, Gus would still be employed by the Warriors and Barrett would still be flogging dead horses like Flanno, Wadell and Allen....
At least now Barrett is under pressure to prove to Gus he can do something in the 2023-2026 window

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis is only on a 1 year deal at Parra. Mahoney has huge admiration for Ennis (and vice-versa). I would not be at all surprised to see Ennis at the Dogs in 2023.
I'd be more surprised if Ennis didn't follow him, depending on if the club want to hire him.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i cant emphasise how important getting this signing is. our forward pack looks insanely good and our backs too but having a classy hooker will tie them all together and gives us threats all over the park. best thing about it is our spine going forward are all very young and have the potential to play with each other for years to come. added bonus hearing all the whinging of other supporters about us - all the hatred has always made us stronger. exciting times after years of underperforming. once again congrats to everyone in charge, they have turned it around incredibly

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand and applaud the club! Bravo to all involved! This momentum shift has given us fans belief, hope and much excitement going into next season and beyond. I can't wipe the smile off my face. How good! :grinning:
Agree 100%

Been following this great club for fifty years and rarely has there been a dull moment. Premierships, Entertainers, Dogs of war, Les Johns, Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb, super league, player exoduses, cap rorting, Coffs harbour, SBW. Even during this last lean spell we weren't content to be bad, we had to be historically so.

Now, thanks to the club and all involved we appear to be heading back to a successful period, with an NRL heavyweight in Gus steering the ship. One can almost sense the fear amongst opposition supporters. The sleeping giant is rising!

It feels FARKING great to be hated again.

I LOVE this club.