Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there a legitimate reason to be concerned ?
Look how quick the Tigers have announced Api..
Is Kiks pissed at the club for the photo drama?
Is Reed pissed because of the dinner pic?
I think we are all just praying it’s an attempt to get one or both here for 22 that has caused the delay in announcing them..
if you dont want your pic taken in the clubs colours, dont put the jumper on
if you dont want your photo taken at the dinner table dont go to dinner
very simple

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When Parramatta last won comp, the ball was brown and leather.
When Parra last won the comp I was 8 years old, My son is 8 now.

When Parra last won the comp the numbers of the forwards were different. 13 Prop, 12 hooker, 11 Prop, 10 Second Row, 9 second row, 8 lock.

When Parra last won the comp the average price of a house in Sydney was $50k

When Parra last won the comp Bob Hawke was Prime Minister.

When Parra last won the comp most cars filled up with Super instead of unleaded.

When Parra last won the comp Parramatta Stadium was brand new in its first year. It’s since been demolished and called Bankwest now.

When Parra last won the comp there was no such thing as the Sydney Football Stadium. Since then it has been built new and now demolished.

When Parra last won the comp the $2 note was still in use.

When Parra last won the comp, Geoff Robinson was still playing footy for the dogs.

When Parra last won the comp the Winfield Cup was making the big game bigger. Anyhow..have a Winfield.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I keep seeing people saying it hasn't been announced because maybe they are trying to get them for 2022. That makes no sense at all. There's no harm in announcing they've been signed for 2023. If by the off chance they get a release then sweet we can announce they're coming early.

We've always been slow in announcing shit. Nothing has changed

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if you dont want your pic taken in the clubs colours, dont put the jumper on
if you dont want your photo taken at the dinner table dont go to dinner
very simple
Definitely agree with that..
But the backlash after hopefully hasn’t put them off

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

When Parra last won the comp the numbers of the forwards were different. 13 Prop, 12 hooker, 11 Prop, 10 Second Row, 9 second row, 8 lock.

When Parra last won the comp most cars filled up with Super instead of unleaded.

When Parra last won the comp Parramatta Stadium was brand new in its first year. It’s since been demolished and called Bankwest now.

When Parra last won the comp there was no such thing as the Sydney Football Stadium. Since then it has been built new and now demolished.

When Parra last won the comp, Geoff Robinson was still playing footy for the dogs.

When Parra last won the comp the Winfield Cup was making the big game bigger. Anyhow..have a Winfield.
hopefully your sons son will be 8 when they win their next

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Dead

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there was any legitimate reason to stress the media would’ve been all over it straight away but there’s been absolutely no whisper of it

Malla

Reaction score
So when the 9 players come off contract in 2023 they don’t free up any Cap space. That’s like the Chooks except in reverse, when their players come off contract they free up double the Cap space, but when ours come off contract they free up zero.

Always a Bulldog
Chooks sign players for 50% less their market value apparently lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start worrying IF the mainstream media start reporting on it. If true they would get a sniff of it. Maybe the NRL won't register the contracts because we're over the cap for 2023 until we can successfully shop Cotric and / or possibly others like Thompson or like others have said we're negotiating to get one of them early. The club would obviously be trying to negotiate the best price they can get for shopping players which may take a while. I'm pretty sure the club would have signed contracts by now for Kikau and Mahoney. Registering them with the NRL is another story and they wouldn't want to officially announce until the players were registered. Another possibility is we're not finished yet and working on signing Paulo or someone else or a swap

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the last time Parramatta won the comp, Australia hadn't yet celebrated its bicentennial

and who's betting the nation celebrates its tricentennial before Parramatta win another premiership?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start worrying IF the mainstream media start reporting on it. If true they would get a sniff of it. Maybe the NRL won't register the contracts because we're over the cap for 2023 until we can successfully shop Cotric and / or possibly others like Thompson or like others have said we're negotiating to get one of them early. The club would obviously be trying to negotiate the best price they can get for shopping players which may take a while. I'm pretty sure the club would have signed contracts by now for Kikau and Mahoney. Registering them with the NRL is another story and they wouldn't want to officially announce until the players were registered. Another possibility is we're not finished yet and working on signing Paulo or someone else or a swap

Most feasible explanation I have read so far brad

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well based on the fact Alcatros said bullshit not likely.

Though someone else
Said we are very close to landing Paulo before we landed Mahoney and that happened.

Would make sense the hold
Up in announcements.

Could handle losing Thompson if we got Paulo though hardly concerned either way. Both quality just Thompson’s ability to be suspended for nothing sucks.

Paulo probably only has 2-3 big years left though.

Also releasing Thompson and cotric for 22 with Paulo no chance to 23 would just be absolutely obscene and stupid.

Better not be what happens. Right off 22 to get paulo over Thompson? No.

I can’t help but laugh in the report about smith being shopped it said about verrills to eels if released. Then says we are unlikely
To have cap for Mahoney… despite shopping cotric.

Yet nothing said about the fact elliott is sacked and half a mil unused?

Ffs. Grow
Up.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So wasn’t there meant to be an announcement today at 12 by the Eels..stating they had re-signed Reed after he backflipped on us?
Anyone seen or read anything anywhere to support this ?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So wasn’t there meant to be an announcement today at 12 by the Eels..stating they had re-signed Reed after he backflipped on us?
Anyone seen or read anything anywhere to support this ?
Though its hard to sift through the rafts of bullshit and rumour, i think that Mahoney one was a saltyprick eels supporter talking shit.

Still not a fan of nothing official for the two signings, we really are just mushrooms and being fed lots of shit lolz