Reaction score
Hope we are in and land b Smith! Oh and staggs. K thanks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fine with this as long as we're after Brandon Smith, Turpin or another attacking hooker I haven't thought of (possibly on contract).

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Fine with this as long as we're after Brandon Smith, Turpin or another attacking hooker I haven't thought of (possibly on contract).
According to DT, B Smith has as good as signed with the Titans

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
To go against the grain a little bit, jeez I think this is good. I know everyone is dying for a top tier hooker but I don’t think McInnes is the one. He seems to have very little attacking potential and his service gets so unbelievably sloppy later in the game. Definitely digs in and defends unbelievably, but is more of a solid footballer than a great hooker. Would be nervous about locking ourselves in with someone like McInnes.

I’m also not really THAT sold on Brandon Smith. But of the 2, Brandon has far more upside for my liking. He just perpetually moves forward. Far more attacking upside because he loves a scoot, and he’ll tighten the middle up significantly. Bloke just doesn’t stop.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To go against the grain a little bit, jeez I think this is good. I know everyone is dying for a top tier hooker but I don’t think McInnes is the one. He seems to have very little attacking potential and his service gets so unbelievably sloppy later in the game. Definitely digs in and defends unbelievably, but is more of a solid footballer than a great hooker. Would be nervous about locking ourselves in with someone like McInnes.

I’m also not really THAT sold on Brandon Smith. But of the 2, Brandon has far more upside for my liking. He just perpetually moves forward. Far more attacking upside because he loves a scoot, and he’ll tighten the middle up significantly. Bloke just doesn’t stop.
Totally agree in McInness he is a average solid hooker and I'm relieved we aren't going to be paying him big bucks when he lacks so much in attack.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Totally agree in McInness he is a average solid hooker and I'm relieved we aren't going to be paying him big bucks when he lacks so much in attack.
I think he and b smith are similar in that they both play dual positions.
It will be interesting to know if anyone else has been training at Hooker this year apart from Katoa and jmk

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
He’s ironclad in defence, no doubting that, it’s no surprise his SuperCoach score is so high, because he tackles all game and barely misses. But his attack is incredible disappointing and it’s why he suits Lock more than Hooker in my opinion.

Daryl Clarke from England would’ve been a great acquisition, but by all accounts he’s been told he’s not leaving and is an integral position for Warrington. Fair enough

There’s also no reason to give up on Cheese. This “certainty to Titans” articles we’re reading, probably has something to it but it’s not set in stone. Both us and Gold Coast are in favourable positions moving forward. Fox could get in his ear this season, tempt him to come across but he might also wanna join Tino.

Someone will pop up. I’m not too worried.

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think he and b smith are similar in that they both play dual positions.
It will be interesting to know if anyone else has been training at Hooker this year apart from Katoa and jmk
You do make a good point. It’s probably the reason I’m still not all in on him, but the thing with Cheese is he’s a winner. The game he played for New Zealand is probably better than any game McInnes has played in his career times 10. Now imagine what he’d be like in a young system, attacking footballers on both sides of the ruck and full time training schedule at 9.

It looks bloody good to me.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely no big loss at all
I would be thinking that TB believes there is someone better suited long term and more instrumental in helping deliver a title eventually
We can’t keep buying stop gap players especially in key positions
The spine needs to start taking shape in readiness for 2022 season

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm only really interested in hearing the club confirm signings now. It just gotten beyond ridiculous that the media feels the need to report on a million Chinese whispers. It's completely pointless to report on potential signings that generally don't eventuate.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm only really interested in hearing the club confirm signings now. It just gotten beyond ridiculous that the media feels the need to report on a million Chinese whispers. It's completely pointless to report on potential signings that generally don't eventuate.
The media have been making up stories for years and clutching at straws
Hoping something will stick from time to time,they are frustrated with no more internal leaks from within our management
Things are moving along nicely so who really caress, nobody