Official Dogs preseason begins

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i think you will see jacko more fresh and not do alot of the donkey work this year. the players love him and you need the hard ass players in your team
His numbers weren't even that high when compared with other backrowers so it wasn't as if he was doing more than was required of him. He just isn't much of a edge runner imo, doesn't offer enough for his halves and outside backs to work off. I'd much prefer someone that can run a strong line and looks more likely to slip through a defender and break the line...that looks to be Elliott for the time being. Jackson should've been moved to the middle ages ago.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard several players talk about our wrestling dojo during the player and coaching staff interviews. I am certain we are training our wrestling techniques.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I very much doubt Dean pay was using these kind of techniques. Most likely using tackling bags as his most advanced training aides..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like how the panthers upload preparing the panthers videos on their YouTube and our videos are just 1 min of talking. I always like how the panthers prepare the new season- looks like they are wrestling and boxing, camping. I am surprised Barrett isn’t doing something similar. I think all players should be learning wrestling
What are you on about kid... you say that all we do is put content up with talking, and then you say you are surprised that we aren’t doing all this stuff? Unless you are at the training all day for multiple times a week then how would you know what Barrett is and isn’t doing?

Reactions: ATT

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree but the which I can only assume as don’t know many others except two in dogs Matt’s. And they don’t do the detail with the info the riff do. Hopefully Barrett changes all that
I like how the panthers upload preparing the panthers videos on their YouTube and our videos are just 1 min of talking. I always like how the panthers prepare the new season- looks like they are wrestling and boxing, camping. I am surprised Barrett isn’t doing something similar. I think all players should be learning wrestling
you obviously arent involved in football, boys as young as 12 upwards are taught wresting and winning the ruck

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you obviously arent involved in football, boys as young as 12 upwards are taught wresting and winning the ruck
I have a little been involved. Maybe not as much as others. I have not coached in 2 years if that’s you point. I wasn’t the best player. But love the game. And know family that played and coach at rep levels at 3 clubs. 12 are taught differently these days with defence, structure and slowing down the play the ball technique these days. And you write there taught that at 1st development squads even earlier if there junior coaches are switched on.
being involved in junior league I’m not a current coach. But have reviewed games with coaches of current clubs from matte through to firsts.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a little been involved. Maybe not as much as others. I have not coached in 2 years if that’s you point. I wasn’t the best player. But love the game. And know family that played and coach at rep levels at 3 clubs. 12 are taught differently these days with defence, structure and slowing down the play the ball technique these days. And you write there taught that at 1st development squads even earlier if there junior coaches are switched on.
being involved in junior league I’m not a current coach. But have reviewed games with coaches of current clubs from matte through to firsts.
sorry bro wasnt meant for you, apologise for that.
exactly correct it comes down to the club and the quality of coaches, i am in parra district and we coach /train the same way the older kids are coached so their transition to reps is easy. As we have no big boys or islanders at our club the emphasis is on correct technique defensively and attack. this will help them when they catch up on growth in their later teens.
but even at a young age, they are taught to slow the playball down, in a tackle etc, wrestle, roll them on their back, it is part of the game that i dont think will go away.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Omg he exists. You can also get a read on selections here...wonder if Alamoti is a chance of starting in ISP this season lol.
Looks like wakeham and Lewis in the halves
C. Smith in the backrow with schoup and alomoti in the centres and Harding on the wing also
D Britt at prop

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like wakeham and Lewis in the halves
C. Smith in the backrow with schoup and alomoti in the centres and Harding on the wing also
D Britt at prop
Alamoti is in the SG Ball squad so he might not get a run in CC until later in the season
I hope BBO gets a run in the halves or at least at 9. Put Lewis in the backrow because he is wasted in the halves
I'm fascinated to see how Harding goes. Dude is built like a twig so any gust of wind could break him :laughing:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Alamoti is in the SG Ball squad so he might not get a run in CC until later in the season
I hope BBO gets a run in the halves or at least at 9. Put Lewis in the backrow because he is wasted in the halves
I'm fascinated to see how Harding goes. Dude is built like a twig so any gust of wind could break him :laughing:
ado car was a twig also, they all fill out at different times in their lives

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am excited and a little nervous about the Flange.. He could be the best half signing since Ricky Stuart.

I just hope he stays focused on being the best he can be doesn’t big head himself out of a fantastic opportunity...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am excited and a little nervous about the Flange.. He could be the best half signing since Ricky Stuart.

I just hope he stays focused on being the best he can be doesn’t big head himself out of a fantastic opportunity...

Cleary took a while to come good i think he will just be safe/solid this year with a good kicking game ,maybe year after be more dominant

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Juniors are not allowed to train at belmore oval. Only first grade. Trent barret reasoning is that you have to earn it
If this is true then I like it... Nothing wrong with keeping the youngsters grounded..

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Juniors are not allowed to train at belmore oval. Only first grade. Trent barret reasoning is that you have to earn it
Absolute crap. There are plenty training there and a lot are the flegg guys who are still u21.