Official Dogs preseason begins

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love it, great attitide by Topine, that's what you want in your younger squad members.

A couple of things stood out in that interview for me

Firstly that his mindset has changed from just "training" with the top squad to now training with the aim to make the team every week. TBaz has obviously given the young guys confidence to believe in themselves and push as hard as they can. These young guys will be bringing intensity and enthusiasm to every training session which will push the rest of the squad. It also means when these guys are called into the team they are ready to contribute. Topine obviously has pedigree as he was skipper of the Australian schoolboys. Hopefully a bright future ahead for him

Secondly he mentioned TBaz wants them to be "world class". Wow, what a shift in mindset from Pay's "we need to get 50 games into these young guys and they will learn from their mistakes blah blah". TBaz has straight away lifted the bar way beyond that mediocre crap that the club has accepted for the past 3 years where we became a joke . He has lifted the standards that are expected from his players and the ones that can't adapt and reach those heights will be out and replaced with players that can

We are definitely a club on the rise and I'm starting to get the feeling that we will suprise alot of people next year. Not saying anything ridiculous like we will win the comp but if all this positive momentum with Tbaz and the fresh ideas translates to performances on the field (which I'm confident it will) we will win alot more games next year

I can't wait for the season to start
Great assessment.. it seems Pay set the bar very low and the players acted accordingly and rested on their laurels.. it seems that trent is setting a very high standard and players need to step up or get left behind..

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Coopdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
Alamoti wow.. the kid is still playing Harold Matt’s and looks insanely massive. He is the next best thing after Joseph Suaalii coming through all junior ranks from what I’ve heard.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember watching some training vids a couple of years ago where the team was doing some runs. There was a lack of focus as a unit, intensity and just looked like half arsed effort. I was actually shocked at the lack of professionalism from an NRL club.
Could have just been warm ups for all I know and I dont know the facts. 1 fact is I wasnt shocked to see we were unfit during games and I was angry.

Vids this off season look nothing like what I saw.
The language coming from the players, its so positive. Not talking training the house down. They dont talk pride to wear the jersey, its more than that. Trent has obviously instilled in them that its about the club, themselves as elite NRL players and if you want to make the team its there for the taking. The boys know that the bar has been lifted and no-one will be gifted a guernsey. Most importantly they want in, you can see it in their physique and their actions in the vids.
I dont have expectations for this season but I find it hard to beleive we wont see vast improvements. I cant wait for the season to start.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Saab wants to work on his defence/ defensive reads more than anything, shoots out of the line more than Lewis.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Love hearing this guys reports. He sounds like he knows his shit. Also reminds me what a dictator Hasler was.
I wasn't a fan of him but his reports have been pretty enjoyable. Doesn't go into a lot of detail but gives enough to us so we have some idea of what's going on with the boys

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of him but his reports have been pretty enjoyable. Doesn't go into a lot of detail but gives enough to us so we have some idea of what's going on with the boys
He seems articulate, and as though he genuinely knows what he is doing.
I wasn't a fan at first either, I wZ like, who's this guy??? But I have come to enjoy his updates. Certainly better then the non existent ones of last year!!!

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Been a long off season. Dogs have been voted as second last behind Broncos. So hope the team get offended by that and fire up! Come on March 12