Dogs offer Foran 1 year deal at 75% pay cut

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's fair value. If he was honest with himself, he'd know that he's not worth marquee player money but living off past success which was almost 10 years ago.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...s-up-75-per-cent-pay-cut-20200716-p55cso.html

Can someone please post the full report ?. I'm not subscribed.

If he's on 1.2M as reported a few times then I guess we're offering 300K. I think he's worth a bit more at 400K. He might leave for 300. That's less than Lewis who is on 350K I've read. He's definitely worth more than Lewis. Yes he might be injury prone but at least Foran is always going to play first grade when available. Lewis isn't much use even if 100% fit if he's not good enough for first grade
A busted Foran playing 1/4 of season is better than a fully fit full season Lewis

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
He’s a solid player to have around for a year at that price. We’ll need some experience untill we pick up another half.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll resign with us. He's comfortable here, hasn't been in great form but he busted his ass in rehab to get back out on the field for us. He probably could've sat on the sidelines and still been offered a contract for next year worth the same money

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a fair offer and he owes us plenty, one of the highest paid players at present and hasn't offered good value for money.

Hopefully Lewis is shopped around and his money is freed up, don't know anyone would be silly enough to take him though.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fair deal. Weve paid him the big bucks to play like fuckin 20 games for us. If he even stays for 1 more year at least while we get the rest of our shit sorted at this reduction its good.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
probably offered 1 year deal, prove yourself and we'll give you a better deal the following year

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kieran Foran will have to take up to a 75 per cent pay cut if he wants to remain at the Bulldogs next year, with the club tabling the veteran playmaker a one-year extension to stay at Belmore.

Foran has been weighing up the offer since before DEan Pay parted ways with the Bulldogs on Monday night, reluctant to commit to the club without knowing who the coach would be.

The Bulldogs have offered Kieran Foran a new one-year deal - but at a dramatically reduced salary.Getty Images

Sources close to discussions told the Herald that Bulldogs coach-in-waiting Trent Barrett has indicated he would like Foran at the club next year, but it will have to be for far less than his current deal of $1.2 million a season.

It's believed the one-year deal on offer is worth in between $300,000-$400,000, with Foran willing to bide his time and prove that his value is more than what the Bulldogs are willing to pay at the moment.

Speculation has been rife for months that Foran's old coach, Manly mentor Des Hasler, is keen to lure the Kiwi international back to the Northern Beaches to finish his career where it started in 2009.

Foran has been a strong performer for the Bulldogs when he has been on the field, however the club is concerned about his ability to back up each week given his history of injuries. It's why they've only offered the 30-year-old a deal for one more season.

Canberra's Nick Cotric could be Belmore bound.NRL Photos

Foran hasn't played in excess of 20 games in a season since 2014, managing just 32 of a possible 57 games since he arrived at the Bulldogs on a lucrative three-year deal in 2018.

Meanwhile, Nick Cotric is still weighing up a three-year deal on offer from the Bulldogs, worth around $1.7 million, to join the club from next year as a centre. Cotric decided he wanted to focus on Thursday night's blockbuster grand final rematch before making a decision, but could make up his mind as early as Friday.

Canberra have offered him a five-year deal worth around $2.5 million, but the Raiders believe his future is on the wing, not in the centres where Cotric would like to play.

Uncertainty around the Bulldogs' coaching situation has stalled recruitment and retention talks in recent months, but the club is hopeful of finalising Barrett's deal as early as next week to provide clarity to those are waiting on answers.

Barrett and the Bulldogs are finalising the terms of a three-year deal, with the board expected to ratify the contract next week.

It comes as former coach Chris Anderson, the husband of chair Lynne Anderson, distanced himself from suggestions he was still meddling in football affairs despite his exit from an official role at the club.

"I'm happy to help the club in any way, but I'm certainly not a shadow over any coach's shoulder," Anderson told the Herald.

"I think that's disrespectful to the people who are making decisions; they are doing OK themselves. They've just been through a tough time and I think they have handled it pretty well. They gave Deano every opportunity to be the right bloke.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh fuck no. U people are too kind. Des will put him on a dollar at manly i will bet ya. His hooker will be in prison, fullback broken down. Foran broken down. He will fuck manly pretty quick. T turbo is done. Career over. Along with moylan at sharks.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me it smacks of both stupidly and desperation by the club to sign him at all, sure he has been on the field for how many 3,4,5 games in a row, but he has been playing so as not to get hurt, because if he gets injured again before getting a contract no club would sign him and he would have to retire.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering his injuries and what the dogs have paid him and games his played for us its a fair deal. I would be expect him to repay the dogs and re sign

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chn for mcinness. It's a win win for both clubs. They have hunt as a good hooker. They don't need mcinness.
Wow, if true this is a smart move by the club. There are a few halves off contract in 2021 so this is good work.
Now tell the Dragons to fuck off with their Lafai swap, give us McInnes and the board will have done a good job this week

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that’s true I’m happy with that,he’s had it good for the last 3 years,won’t be shocked if he moves on,even on 350k to 400k a season,1 more injury and it’s a waste of money