Dogs of War to DOMINATE Origin !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[h=1]A good thing for our players BUT I'm a little concerned about our side when we don't have these guys playing, but then again when they come back they could come back even better players like most who has played SOO

Canterbury to dominate NSW State of Origin squad with up to five Bulldogs to be selected[/h]

Reynolds: It would be amazing
0:51

NEW South Wales will turn to the Dogs of war to end Queensland’s eight-year dominance with up to five players from table-topping Canterbury poised to dominate selection when the Origin I side is announced this morning.

The Daily Telegraph understands Josh Reynolds, Trent Hodkinson, Josh Morris and Tony Williams are ready to be named for Origin I with Josh Jackson also being discussed as a bench player.
Sydney Roosters star James Maloney will be dumped from the side and halfback teammate Mitchell Pearce is also expected to be axed.
Press box: Origin selections
4:07

Reynolds and Hodkinson are set to become NSW’s new halves combination, while Morris will be picked at centre with Jackson and Williams looking at bench spots.
MAROONS: GUERRA TO DEBUT FOR INJURED THAIDAY
NSW coach Laurie Daley wanted a club combination in his halves and couldn’t ignore the claims of Hodkinson and Reynolds, two form players in a rampant Bulldogs side that has won its past seven matches.

Debutant Hodkinson will have the added pressure of the goalkicking duties, a role Maloney had last year. The Bulldogs’ No. 7 has kicked 35 goals from 42 attempts this year for a robust 83 per cent strike rate.

Josh Morris will likely join four Canterbury teammates in the NSW side for Origin I.Source: Getty Images

The NSW side will be formally announced at a Sydney hotel at 11.40am on Tuesday.
On Monday night Queensland named just one change to the side that secured a historic eighth successive Origin series win last year, with Roosters backrower Aidan Guerra replacing Sam Thaiday. Superstars Billy Slater, Cam Smith, Matt Scott, Greg Inglis, Cooper Cronk and Johnathan Thurston will all be back to torment the Blues.
WHO’S THE GREATEST? PICK YOUR BEST ORIGIN TEAM NOW
As revealed in The Daily Telegraph last month, Maloney has been in modest form and been fighting to keep his NSW position from the start of this season.
Balym on Maroons speculation
4:31

Conversely, Josh Reynolds has been in stellar form for Des Hasler’s side. His aggression and energy will no doubt lift the NSW team.
Even as late as Monday, the NSW camp still hadn’t nailed down several positions.
One wing spot was still open with Jorge Taufua, Will Hopoate and Daniel Tupou all in contention, with Tupou a strong favourite to debut at Suncorp Stadium next Wednesday.

‘T-Rex’ Tony Williams has done enough to join the Bulldogs’ Origin contingent.Source: Getty Images

The pack has been knocked around with the suspension of Greg Bird and injuries to Andrew Fifita, Glenn Stewart and Boyd Cordner.
Versatile Skipper Paul Gallen is likely to start in the back row but is expected to spend some time up front.
Manly’s Anthony Watmough is expected to be in the 17-man squad, probably off the bench. Another candidate is North Queensland’s Tariq Sims.
Smith on Origin candidates
7:02

Watmough is tough, durable and has State of Origin experience, something Daley will need in the Suncorp Stadium cauldron.
Melbourne’s New Zealand Warriors-bound backrower Ryan Hoffman is another certainty.
As expected, Brett Morris will claim one wing position with Josh Morris and Michael Jennings to be named in the centres.

Jarryd Hayne’s form for Parramatta has made him impossible to ignore.Source: News Corp Australia

St George Illawarra’s Josh Dugan was discussed as a fullback option but Daley has always been a massive fan of Hayne.
And Hayne has been in supreme form during his past two games for Parramatta.
NSW enter camp in Coffs Harbour on Tuesday night before then flying further north to Brisbane on Sunday to prepare for the big game.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol at ryan cream puff hofman.
our halves will go backwards with him in the side.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at ryan cream puff hofman.
our halves will go backwards with him in the side.
If he can defend well enough and run good lines he should be useful, hopefully Trent can do it like Cronk does for him at club level unlike Pearce has been able too

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They're loving us NOW!
Imagine we win the SOO title with our boys in it, they would have to finally cream their pants and give us credit!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I expect Hasler to name an unchanged side for our game verse roosters. Good luck to the boys, hope the media haven't jumped the gun on this based on a rumor. We'll miss our halves if they're out for origin but it's nice to see them rewarded for their consistent performances this year.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I expect Hasler to name an unchanged side for our game verse roosters. Good luck to the boys, hope the media haven't jumped the gun on this based on a rumor. We'll miss our halves if they're out for origin but it's nice to see them rewarded for their consistent performances this year.
Yeah, reckon Desi will do that too!

melbournian dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The boys deserve their spots in the team, well done!!

5 NSW players + a stack of international kiwis and a pom..... happy farkn days!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong but without Ennis I reckon the Dogs selected for the Blues won't fire as well.. I know I'll be hounded down by you guys but Ennis is the oil that has these guys running so smooth..anyway we shall see..

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong but without Ennis I reckon the Dogs selected for the Blues won't fire as well.. I know I'll be hounded down by you guys but Ennis is the oil that has these guys running so smooth..anyway we shall see..
Could be right. We'll see how they pull off. I think Reynolds will feel the pressure most.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My poor Bulldogs team.....

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the bag ,as long as Daley doesn't interfere with JR's free reign style.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My poor Bulldogs team.....
I know how you feel but you gotta think of the boys they've waited there whole lives for this moment. It'll make them better players ( if that's possible!) for it.
There there they'll come back home soon...lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good point. Robbie Farah is an excellent hooker and is playing at his best this season, but he doesn't trust anyone. First Origin he played he took 50% of the kicks and didn't give the ball to the halves when they called for it. Every time a new half has stepped up to first grade including Luke Brooks, Farah has avoided giving them the ball as much as possible.

One of Reynolds best features is his vision. He spots opportunities and takes them. When Reynolds sees an opportunity and screams for the ball only to see Farah run or kick himself, Reynolds will be fuming.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta say i'm super worried about reynolds starting at SOO. I think he will one day make a fine SOO 5/8th but for now i think he has far too many brain explosions in his game(he just tries too hard sometimes). Trent on the other hand is a solid half back, he ain't a game breaker style half like cherry or thurston but i think he will go ok.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong but without Ennis I reckon the Dogs selected for the Blues won't fire as well.. I know I'll be hounded down by you guys but Ennis is the oil that has these guys running so smooth..anyway we shall see.. 
I think Robbie Farah will do a good job keeping hodkinson and reynolds on their feet and creating attack..

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know how you feel but you gotta think of the boys they've waited there whole lives for this moment. It'll make them better players ( if that's possible!) for it.
There there they'll come back home soon...lol
It's true. I said yesterday that I have mixed emotions. I'm so proud of our boys and each one of them deserves their spot. But still, my Bulldogs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.