News Dogs of Poor - Dean Ritchie

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Then why are Storm sniffing around? because they are smart.. when the Tigers lose their first 5 or 6 in a row, he will be sick of that and then bang!! hes available...
The Taafe and Salmon signings in particular were ridiculous,.. they were both in reserve grade and Taafe is not a starting NRL player.. especially not a fullback.. There are so many quality young middles at other clubs crying out for an opportunity and we sign Tetavano and Suluka? its embarrassing... is it the stigma of Gus players (especially middles) don't like?
Name them.

Always a Bulldog

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the template for the main stream media generally but taken to the depths of agenda and depravity by Murdoch media.

There always has to be a baddie. An individual or team or political movement that media moguls can target to appeal to their base to garner support and clicks.

With our religious and ethnic base and location, we will always be easy targets for DT and Fox for their herd mentality of needing a target. The Super League War didn't help us in the popularity stakes with the establishment and Gus being such a big personality to try and drag down has only added to the pile on.
You've made some good points their wen, unfortunately their is not to many people who have the guts to face and live the truth.
But then Jesus did speak the truth and look what happened to him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You've made some good points their wen, unfortunately their is not to many people who have the guts to face and live the truth.
But then Jesus did speak the truth and look what happened to him.
Not changing anytime soon Kelp. We'll always be the easy target and the most likely to receive the baddie tag :grinning:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Name them.

Always a Bulldog
There was a bit off talk about the club trying to get Wyremoo Greig (probably only Kennell talk), he was off contract fo along time, anyone know what happened there.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Name them.

Always a Bulldog
Trey Mooney, Hola, Stowers-Smith, Zion Ma'u,... Gular and Psalo only got 20 odd mins off the bench for Raiders... Whyte for Chooks only played 15 mins and when JWH comes back he'll be in reserve grade again...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a bit off talk about the club trying to get Wyremoo Greig (probably only Kennell talk), he was off contract fo along time, anyone know what happened there.
Signed till 2026, can't talk to him until November.

Always a Bulldog

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t buy what’s not available and you have to spend the salary cap.
Who have we missed out on and please don’t say Huss or Tino cause they were not leaving there clubs.
AFB Gus meet with him don’t know what happened.
Ps:
how about giving credit to the path ways he created and how our juniors are all winning and the future is looking bright.
exactly...this clown has no idea...why doesn't he suggest what quality props are available in the market and then start a more appropriate discussion about the lack of quality players and how expansion will exasperate this lack of talent

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Trey Mooney, Hola, Stowers-Smith, Zion Ma'u,... Gular and Psalo only got 20 odd mins off the bench for Raiders... Whyte for Chooks only played 15 mins and when JWH comes back he'll be in reserve grade again...
Pulling names out of hat, OK, one by one;
Trey Mooney - 188/106 too small for prop, we already have a couple of decent locks.

Peter Hola - Cowboys for 3 years for only 12 games there and 1 game last season for Canbra, very injury prone, on a 1 year minimum contract, looking at a Super League move

Tanner Stowers-Smith - only just turned 20, 183/101 too small for prop, we already have a couple of decent locks.

Zyon Ma'u - also only 20, signed till 2026, can't talk to him until November.

Emre Gular - signed till 2026, can't talk to him until November.

Psalo - Can't help you with that one, don't know him.

Naufahu Whyte - we already have a couple of decent 2nd rowers.

Next?

Always a Bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We had a very good coach in Mick Potter, a proven winner, he coached top grade in UK for 2 seasons, has coached elsewhere and did an excellent job coaching the top side with a much weaker team than the current squad. Instead Phil Gould hired Cameron Ciraldo, an inexperienced coach because he was much younger and supposedly the way ahead for the team, yeah, further ahead towards the bottom of the ladder. Bad decision Gus.
Let the Potter narrative die. We still sucked when he was coach, the Tigers also.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the Storm are chasing Big Stefano from the Tigers as he has a clause in his contract that if Tigers don't make finals this year (which they wont) he can leave.. WHY ISN'T GUS KNOCKING DOWN HIS DOOR WITH A MASSIVE OFFER??
Is that the type of player we want at the club, players that want clauses in their contract that if the going gets tough they can bail & move onto another club that’s higher up the ladder ?

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's far more on the Tigers than Potter. What coach has done well there?

Always a Bulldog
None, but Potter had a pretty solid side at the Tigers and nothing to show for it. I'm just over seeing Potter should be our FG coach because we were apparently good under him when the season was already finished

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
M
More balanced?
Our GM and Coach have been here for a while now and have overhauled the roster the way they wanted it.

If there are issues with unbalanced squad, that lies squarely on them. Remember....Gus was making recruitment decisions midway through '21 and CC midway through '22 so you cant claim they javebt had the time to tailor the roster as they like.

I think its time they take responsibility
I was comparing lists only not blaming for who put together. Sick of revisionist history of how hard done by Pay was. Currently, we do not have a complete spine or middles. You cannot blame Ciro for that.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None, but Potter had a pretty solid side at the Tigers and nothing to show for it. I'm just over seeing Potter should be our FG coach because we were apparently good under him when the season was already finished
I believe a lot of what Potter and Sandercock did with the squad after Barrett moved on, should be looked at ..

Whatever they did took the team from struggling to even score a try, to a team playing exciting attacking footy and scoring over 30 points, problem was their defence stunk.

How did we go from struggling to score under Barrett, to playing exciting attacking footy under Potter, back to struggling to score again under CC.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I believe a lot of what Potter and Sandercock did with the squad after Barrett moved on, should be looked at ..

Whatever they did took the team from struggling to even score a try, to a team playing exciting attacking footy and scoring over 30 points, problem was their defence stunk.

How did we go from struggling to score under Barrett, to playing exciting attacking footy under Potter, back to struggling to score again under CC.

Season was over and the shackles were relinquished ... We've done it alot over this endless rebuild.
Under Potter when we were scoring some points, we still sucked and were still mentally weak when things went against us.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If possession had gone our way in the first half, who knows how the game might have gone?

Sharks are a better attacking unit than the Eels, so this week will be the real test.
I’m more than confident after round 1 that our defence won’t be the problem.
If we can cut down on basic errors and get into a grind early on there’s no reason the boys don’t pickup 2 points.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Season was over and the shackles were relinquished ... We've done it alot over this endless rebuild.
Under Potter when we were scoring some points, we still sucked and were still mentally weak when things went against us.
I agree with you, I’ve said similar myself in the past.

But I’m now of the belief there’s a middle ground here, Potter/Sandercock freed them up and let them play to their natural strengths, and it led to exciting attack, plenty of try’s, but shit defence.

CC restrains them by having them enforce his Panthers defence structures on the opposition, as it was with Barrett, this seems to lead to clunky attack, dropped balls, and plenty of penalties ..

On paper we have a top 6 attacking team in the comp, yet they’re playing like a bottom 4 team and struggle to pile on points.

Where’s the middle ground between letting them play to their strengths, so they can score plenty of points, and getting them to defend well.

I’ve been a strong CC supporter because I want us and him to do well, I’m giving him till round 10, if we’re still dropping ball, getting heavily penalised and playing shit, I’ll be calling for his head like a lot already are in here ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m more than confident after round 1 that our defence won’t be the problem.
If we can cut down on basic errors and get into a grind early on there’s no reason the boys don’t pickup 2 points.
There’s no denying they were all a lot more committed in defence .. I’m hoping they can keep that going and hopefully the attack comes of the back of that with more possession and less mistakes ..