News Dogs of Poor - Dean Ritchie

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can’t buy what’s not available and you have to spend the salary cap.
Who have we missed out on and please don’t say Huss or Tino cause they were not leaving there clubs.
AFB Gus meet with him don’t know what happened.
Ps:
how about giving credit to the path ways he created and how our juniors are all winning and the future is looking bright.
I have no issue with what Gould has done and is doing, overall he has been very good compared to the 10 years prior to his arrival.

Foxterrier

New Pup
Reaction score
DOGS OF POOR

Poor old Canterbury fielded $3 million worth of new recruits against Parramatta – but where are the Bulldogs’ middles?

Club general manager Phil Gould has lured some big names to the club for 2024 but nearly all are backs or utilities.

Where is the grunt?

Even after just 80 minutes of 2024, only a brave, or stupid, person would tip Canterbury to play finals footy.

Only one of the seven new buys on the field against Parramatta was a middle – former Roosters, Dolphins, Warriors and Dragons journeyman Poasa Faamausili.

The other recruits were Stephen Crichton, Josh Curran, Drew Hutchison, Kurt Mann, Blake Taaffe and Jaeman Salmon.

Curran is an edge forwards who can play in the middle.

Parramatta’s Junior Paulo and Reagan Campbell-Gillard monstered Canterbury through the middle during the Eels’ comfortable 26-8 round one win at CommBank Stadium.

Long gone are the days of fearsome Bulldogs middles like Peter Kelly, David Gillespie, Peter Tunks and Geoff Robinson – the Dogs of War.

New buy, prop Daniel Suluka-Fifita, has a knee injury while Liam Knight played NSW Cup. The possible signing of former Roosters middle Sio Siua Taukeiaho fell over.

The chase for Taukeiaho and late off-season signing of Suluka-Fifita shows that Canterbury is aware they’re one or two middles short.

Canterbury had limited field position and possession – and they were gritty – but the season ahead looks modest, if not bleak. Parramatta led 20-0 in the second half.
This is the 2nd season of coach Ceraldo and the results have been poor. Poor coaching = Poor results. He had a batch of excellent players at Penrith but has shown himself unable to pull a club up from near the bottom of the results ladder. The Bulldogs administration should not use the Bulldogs as a training ground for rookie coaches. It happened with rookie coach Trent Barrett and its happening with current rookie coach Cameron Ceraldo. We want a proven success as coach and we had the chance to secure the services of Shane Flanagan who has won an NRL competition with Cronulla. Well done to St George for their smart decision to hire Shane Flanagan. I'm tired of Mr Ceraldo making excuses for his team and praising them when they have been thrashed once again by Parramatta in Round 1, 2024. It's all too cosy at the Bulldogs, just keep the players happy but too bad for the frustrated fan base. Sack Mr Ceraldo.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he talking about we had fuck all ball in the first half did 100 more tackles than the scum we were pretty much fucked in the second half when we did attack we scored two pretty comfortable tries parra ain’t winning no comp that’s a cert

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me this is the worst part of a loss, Muppets posting articles written by bigger muppets looking to kick the shit out of us while we are down.
Typical of The Doomers and Gloomers...
They don't miss an opportunity to stab the team/club in the back.
SOLIDARITY and BELIEF in our team/club are the answers to these corrupt low lives !!!

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most coaches that lost last weekend said they were disappointed. Our coach was proud of the effort. Although that is nice to say, i'm concerned Cam is not paying attention to the game, like leaving Josh on for far too long after he was injured. He needs to get angry and start questioning ref's and get up the players.
Fact is we should have gotten Flano or Wayne

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The forwards will come. I'm sure of it.
Everyone knows the shortage that exists in the league atm, so clubs have been wrapping up their players early, before they come off contract.
But they've just kicked the can down the road. The ones that kick on, will be on the market in the next couple of years and their current club isn't going to be able to afford them. They're either going to have to let them go or move on one of their experienced forwards.
What we need to do, is improve. Make the club attractive to these guys when they're forced to look.
Precisely, Gus did explain over and over again but pretenders with agendas don't want to acknowledge the truth...
It wasn't his lack of efforts, he did go to the extreme to sign at least one world class prop, but we also know what he was up against !!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s see him write one about the dolphins now.
I’ll wait.
lol. Yea but at Least they look like they can score a try or 2 even if they get belted. As for us it’s the same as always, where the fuck are the points going to come from. Don’t mean to be negative, but it’s looking grim again !! And as fans are we not sick of losing and having to have all these same discussions year in and year out ?? We support our team win or lose, but we want results a wins starting round 1.!!!!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm disappointed with losing and especially with conceding 26 points. I'd really hoped we'd patched most holes in the sieve we called defence last year. But there were always going to be some teething issues. I just don't think we expected this scale of loss.

I had to work and missed the game so I have no idea if the posession mismatch was driven by our errors, referees bias or the fact that we had a small pack compared to Parra. But as others have mentioned, it's hard to stand up to that amount of defence. But the team all seemed to think their preseason went great. Maybe they needed a reality check. Maybe Parra was just too much of a mountain to climb at this stage, they're top 8 hopefuls, we're talked about as spoon contenders. But it's round 1. I'll start pulling my hair out if this is the standard we're at in spite of the recruitment drive in 5-10 rounds. But at this stage we have to hope we improve.

Just pisses me off a bit that the scum journos are quick to jump out and say they were right. I'd love to make them eat their words.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most coaches that lost last weekend said they were disappointed. Our coach was proud of the effort. Although that is nice to say, i'm concerned Cam is not paying attention to the game, like leaving Josh on for far too long after he was injured. He needs to get angry and start questioning ref's and get up the players.
Fact is we should have gotten Flano or Wayne
I'll put it plainly mate,
Most coaches that lost have an already complete and settled rosters/combinations therefore it's understandable if they were disappointed, our coach should be proud of his team's effort considering our predicament, I agree that Josh should have been replaced earlier and also I believe in few different selections, I just hope he learnt from the experiment.
I would be very disappointed if showed anger Infront of the cameras !!!

Last edited:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm disappointed with losing and especially with conceding 26 points. I'd really hoped we'd patched most holes in the sieve we called defence last year. But there were always going to be some teething issues. I just don't think we expected this scale of loss.

I had to work and missed the game so I have no idea if the posession mismatch was driven by our errors, referees bias or the fact that we had a small pack compared to Parra. But as others have mentioned, it's hard to stand up to that amount of defence. But the team all seemed to think their preseason went great. Maybe they needed a reality check. Maybe Parra was just too much of a mountain to climb at this stage, they're top 8 hopefuls, we're talked about as spoon contenders. But it's round 1. I'll start pulling my hair out if this is the standard we're at in spite of the recruitment drive in 5-10 rounds. But at this stage we have to hope we improve.

Just pisses me off a bit that the scum journos are quick to jump out and say they were right. I'd love to make them eat their words.
Here is how I would sum up the game :

- Parra are a better team than us
- They played better than us on the day
- The main reason they are better is that they have an elite halfback and really good middle forwards

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is the 2nd season of coach Ceraldo and the results have been poor. Poor coaching = Poor results. He had a batch of excellent players at Penrith but has shown himself unable to pull a club up from near the bottom of the results ladder. The Bulldogs administration should not use the Bulldogs as a training ground for rookie coaches. It happened with rookie coach Trent Barrett and its happening with current rookie coach Cameron Ceraldo. We want a proven success as coach and we had the chance to secure the services of Shane Flanagan who has won an NRL competition with Cronulla. Well done to St George for their smart decision to hire Shane Flanagan. I'm tired of Mr Ceraldo making excuses for his team and praising them when they have been thrashed once again by Parramatta in Round 1, 2024. It's all too cosy at the Bulldogs, just keep the players happy but too bad for the frustrated fan base. Sack Mr Ceraldo.
You are drunk go to bed!!!!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol. Yea but at Least they look like they can score a try or 2 even if they get belted. As for us it’s the same as always, where the fuck are the points going to come from. Don’t mean to be negative, but it’s looking grim again !! And as fans are we not sick of losing and having to have all these same discussions year in and year out ?? We support our team win or lose, but we want results a wins starting round 1.!!!!!
They scored 3 try’s with 45% of the ball we scored 2 try’s with 30% of the ball.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3rd year in that what I meant… and he’s recruitment has been rubbish mostly
What he has had to pick from has been rubbish mostly too. He has made offers to the decent players we need, he can't force them to sign. Paying offers for a prop won't solve everything, if fact it just starts the salary cap woes again.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They scored 3 try’s with 45% of the ball we scored 2 try’s with 30% of the ball.
Point is they still look more likely, have a lot more xfactor as well. Especially with the Hammer and Isako and even Bostock.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Point is they still look more likely, have a lot more xfactor as well. Especially with the Hammer and Isako and even Bostock.
I think give the team a fair amount of ball and will do some damage.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mentions 3 million of recruits but fails to mention that’s 7 players of the starting 17. It’s clear as day these blokes are squad fillers until the kids are ready.
Are we suppose to make panic signings like cotric again? If there isn’t anyone available then you can’t really blame Gus

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mentions 3 million of recruits but fails to mention that’s 7 players of the starting 17. It’s clear as day these blokes are squad fillers until the kids are ready.
Are we suppose to make panic signings like cotric again? If there isn’t anyone available then you can’t really blame Gus
Media really does have no idea, they genuinely believe guys like Taaffe, Hutch, Poasa, Mann and Salmon were all signed thinking they'd be our premiership winning squad lol. Most common sense people and fans know they were all signed as stop gap players and will all be moved on in 2 years which I'm sure the media will love.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What he has had to pick from has been rubbish mostly too. He has made offers to the decent players we need, he can't force them to sign. Paying offers for a prop won't solve everything, if fact it just starts the salary cap woes again.
We paid overs for ryan sutton lol