Dogs nines squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogboom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have announced an 18-man squad for the NRL Auckland Nines, to be played at Eden Park on Saturday, 31 January and Sunday, 1 February.
Of the 18-men selected, eight played in the competition last year. Moses Mbye, Sam Perrett, Lloyd Perrett, Tyrone Phillips, Corey Thompson and Tony Williams all played in the blue and white whilst new recruit Michael Lichaa played for his former club (Sharks) and fellow new squad member Curtis Rona was a part of the victorious Cowboys squad.
The Bulldogs have been grouped in the PIHA pool and will come up against the Roosters, Broncos and Sharks with the top two teams advancing to the finals.
The squad is as follows:
Tim Browne
Damien Cook
Levi Dodd
Adam Elliott
Herman Ese’ese
Antonio Kaufusi
Shaun Lane
Michael Lichaa
Moses Mbye
Josh Morris
Sam Perrett
Lloyd Perrett
Tyrone Phillips
Frank Pritchard
Curtis Rona
Corey Thompson
Aiden Tolman
Tony Williams

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the team but don't see what impact Tolman will make he doesn't really fit nines

willow2103

Waterboy
Reaction score
Didn't think Josh would be picked , good to see lane got a go

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch out for levi dodds footwork. Hope he goes great guns. Also hope jmoz has his speed back.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dodd, Thompson, and Ese'ese are the 3 guys to keep an eye on here (apart from the obvious ones).

TRex could absolutely destroy in the nines.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Abit disappointed that's a pretty shit team...
I wanted to see Frawley, Mcgrady and Tasi get ago!
3 guys with speed!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its good to see that Dessie has gone for speed, youth and commitment in Sam Perrett, Antonio Kaufusi and T-Rex :p

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like the team but don't see what impact Tolman will make he doesn't really fit nines
What the......he's exactly the forward you need in nines. One player who can take three hit ups a set and play the full match.
Tolman, Moz and m'bye would've been the first three selected.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a great team maybe Des want to get a double this year

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
T- rex must be playing halfback with Mbye being the only real half there!
We may win 1 game thats about it...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think des uses this as a bit of a fitness session for some players

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Des going to NZ or is he sending Dymok as his replacement?

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this team is probably better than the one we sent last year.

Bit surprised by Tolman's selection but guess Des may want to rest up Graham and Klemmer (who you would say are more suited to this type of game than Tolman). Would have liked Kasiano instead (for match fitness and confidence maybe).

Interesting to see Damian Cook and Tyrone Phillips in my opinion. Tyrone Phillips I thought went down the pecking order for backs. So I thought at least.

Will be interesting to see how Morris goes with his speed, fingers crossed its back!

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think des uses this as a bit of a fitness session for some players
I dont think that is entirely true - if it was, where is big Kas?

Tolman's gunna kill it - mvp!

His presence will be even more important in defence now without Ennis - this format might help him work with Lichaa in the middle for all we know.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
all ive been hearing on the news all day is that the dogs have named a strong squad!
not sure about that...but other teams may be quietly shittn themselves...
suprise packets of the tournament!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just hope our squad all comes through the nines fit and healthy.

J-Moz could really benefit from this as he's probably lacked some confidence in his attack with his knee issues. I think he might stand out among limited defense. Likewise i thought Browne looked to have lost some confidence when he returned from his skull fracture last season. Hopefully these guys have a great tournament build confidence and go into the season on a positive note.

The rest of the squad looks better than we sent last year. I don't give a rats ass if we're competitive over there though. This is essentially a commercial venture that has little benefit to the club TBH. Some players may earn extra $$$ for playing and others may be able to jump higher in the pecking order of depth. But i doubt any of our grandkids will be talking about who won the 2015 nines series in 50 years time.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good team happy with it will give it a good crack the money would help offset the bullshit fines wel get handed again this coming year..

Status
Not open for further replies.