News DOGS LOCK PRESTON IN KENNEL

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excellent, the kid is only going to get better and better

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great and if he performs in we’ll happily double his salary for the next contract too. This is how good clubs are run and hopefully our results turn around soon

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Telegraph Sport

Canterbury are poised to re-sign rising star Jacob Preston to a new long-term deal.

Preston, an early candidate for Dally M rookie-of-the-year, is expected to sign a new four-deal at Belmore on Friday afternoon.

The new contract starts from 2024.

“Jacob has settled into life at Belmore and the NRL seamlessly,” said Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warburton.

“He’s a pleasure to have around the place. His drive, professionalism and maturity is evident. He’s a true bulldog”.

The association between the player and Bulldogs was destiny given Preston’s great grandfather, Ernest Flint, was a former Canterbury Leagues Club president.

Preston will only be aged 26 when the new deal expires in 2027.

“Jake has found a home at Canterbury,” said Jacob’s father, Mark.

“He is a loyal kid who never wanted to leave. Canterbury gave him his chance and he won’t forgot that.

“I know Jake will stay committed, focused and respectful.

“You can tell that he loves the club by the way he is playing his football.”

Preston’s Bulldogs play Cronulla this Saturday at Accor Stadium.

Canterbury general manager of football, Phil Gould, has already foreshadowed Preston being a future captain of the club.
Respect is a two way street, great news :laughing:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's only round 8 but I'm.not afraid to say he's my favourite player already.

Hope he stays healthy and continues his great form. He'll only get better as our team gets better and halves learn to use him more effectively.

He's already a crowd favourite and I hope he gets a huge roar when they announce his name at our next home game.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Future captain
he could be but Mahoney has a long time before he retires.
mahoney plays like a bulldog is young and is our captain. Preston can become a leader without being captain.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was the only way… best news !!