7. Kyle Flanagan
8.Jack Herrington
9.Jeremy Marshall King
10. ?
11. Josh Jackson
12. Corey Waddell
13. ?

Picture Taken today from south coast
Nice mate. Looks like two groups though in the white team there’s a few names in blue that perhaps make up the main 17? I think Nick Meaney is at the top of the white list but hard to read much more...

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nice mate. Looks like two groups though in the white team there’s a few names in blue that perhaps make up the main 17? I think Nick Meaney is at the top of the white list but hard to read much more...
1. Nick Meaney
6 . Wakeham
7. Biondi-odo
12. Topine
That's all I can read

Rhoumanos is 13 In the main squad (blue)

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Topine a genuine edge forward or is he better suited as a small ball 13?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone seeing the similarities between the intended team vs Panthers team?

Strong ball carrying wingers
Running 6
Mobile props

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Running 6
Mobile props
Is Katoa a strong ball carrying winger? Legit question, I haven’t seen him play but he looks a little lightweight (listed at 5’11 and 90kgs) compared to some of the 100kg+ wrecking balls playing on the wing these days.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd say edge forward at this stage.
A difficulty for players like Topine is that they have only played - ( apart from a few minutes in a trial) in age division footy. His size hasnt been a factor in age divisions, he hasnt relied on being the biggest player to dominate. Similar to Darren smith - runs good lines defends well leads by example and extremely busy for the full game.
re Paul Alamoti a lot on here have commented on him being big, he isnt relative to most players, even in age divisions - he has dominated in his age division because of his aggression/ skill / competiveness in attack n defence, not his size. Hopefully he grows height wise.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A difficulty for players like Topine is that they have only played - ( apart from a few minutes in a trial) in age division footy. His size hasnt been a factor in age divisions, he hasnt relied on being the biggest player to dominate. Similar to Darren smith - runs good lines defends well leads by example and extremely busy for the full game.
re Paul Alamoti a lot on here have commented on him being big, he isnt relative to most players, even in age divisions - he has dominated in his age division because of his aggression/ skill / competiveness in attack n defence, not his size. Hopefully he grows height wise.
I'm not sure it will effect Topine as much as he seems to have a great attitude and was training in the bubble last year but you are right about playing out if their age divisions. It will be interesting to see what effect missing a year of footy has for lower grade players.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Running 6
Mobile props
Maybe but where is the Kikau on the edge? Thought that was supposed to be Ray.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe but where is the Kikau on the edge? Thought that was supposed to be Ray.
I think we will see Jackson at 13 and RFM on an edge by first round. I think one wing and one prop are the only spots undecided at this stage in the starting 13 but I also think whole bench is undecided. blokes like waddell Stimson Atoni Ogden Napa and Katoa all vying for those spots.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Katoa a strong ball carrying winger? Legit question, I haven’t seen him play but he looks a little lightweight (listed at 5’11 and 90kgs) compared to some of the 100kg+ wrecking balls playing on the wing these days.
Not so much a strong ball carrier. He is like an Ado Carr type winger. I played my juniors with Tui, went high school with him every much we played together he was always the best on the field tidy footwork, has a great step, fast has crazy agility would not shy away at all doing the tough carries as well and makes meters due to footwork and leg drive. I have him locked into that wing spot for the whole year if he gets given a crack come round 1 he will not disappoint

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not so much a strong ball carrier. He is like an Ado Carr type winger. I played my juniors with Tui, went high school with him every much we played together he was always the best on the field tidy footwork, has a great step, fast has crazy agility would not shy away at all doing the tough carries as well and makes meters due to footwork and leg drive. I have him locked into that wing spot for the whole year if he gets given a crack come round 1 he will not disappoint
Just seen his highlights video posted here. He looks good to me mate, some impressive footwork and good speed and a few creative touches. Thanks for the inside info on him mate.