Dogs in running to sign Roosters Shillington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daily telegraph reports today that Shillo is under contract pressures. He is currently on around 200k, and the Roosters will not be able to keep him if they sign Anthony Tupou. The article also says "the Dogs are circling" lol. I would'nt mind Shillo at the club. He just seems a bit too pretty to fit into the culture. Blair has the mongrel we need i think. Either way, both are good.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
schillo was allready on 200k???

my ****in ass the roosters are anywhere near under the cap!!!!

A

A_C

wasnt shillington stood down this week for coming to training hung over or drunk... do we need another problem child with the club???!?!?
Nah he was late to training as he didnt have alarm - his alarm was his phone which he smashed while on the piss on sunday (which isnt the designated day of drinking)

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah he was late to training as he didnt have alarm - his alarm was his phone which he smashed while on the piss on sunday (which isnt the designated day of drinking)
msn

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Shillo would be good once he gets some Dogs training. Hits harder than anyone we have now other than Sonny.

D

DoggyStylz

If he leave i rather see him go to Dogs then Souffs. If he went to Souffs he would just go downhill and the only reason they would think about him is to try to get at us.

At least if he went to dogs i could see a promising future for him, i like the guy. Hard worker and does not seem the type would would ever cause any off field dramas.
This is how i see the roosters towards the dogs

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really get that feeling that players don't want to come to the dogs.
lol

Can you get over that seriously, you don't know every single player, you don't talk to every single player.

Sid

Sid
Reaction score
How funny will it be come round 20 or so and the roosters get docked 37 or so points for salary crap breach........ then the dogs leap into the 8...

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
now now mate...i think it was the roosters who wanted from the dogs...4 reps in 3 yrs...thats the facts.you came and you took and the piss arse nrl closed their eyes.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
KANGAROOS back-rower Anthony Tupou is tipped to re-sign with the Roosters this week, although the move could force teammate David Shillington from the club.

Shillington, a contender for a Queensland State of Origin jersey after an impressive start to the year, is being chased by the Dragons, Bulldogs, Raiders and Souths for next season.

The Roosters want to retain Shillington but will struggle to fit him under the salary cap if Tupou agrees to a three-year deal to remain at Bondi Junction.

Tupou is weighing up a massive offer from Manly but said it would be almost impossible to leave a club he described as his "family".

"My heart's at the Roosters and I really want to stay," Tupou said. "It would be hard to find a family club with all the mates I've got there now. That's hard to find and that's worth a lot in itself.

"It's where I've debuted and I've grown a lot at the club, hopefully into a leader. That's why I want to stay so much."

Likewise, Shillington wants to stay put. But the Roosters won't be able to match the money on offer elsewhere after signing up big-name recruits Willie Mason and Mark O'Meley during the off-season.

"The Roosters have signed a lot of big players around me so it would probably be hard to fit me in there," Shillington said.

"I've been here for five years, I love the club and we've got a good future the way we're heading.

"Freddie [coach Brad Fittler] is taking us in a good direction, but that's not always the way it works out with footy with the salary cap. I'd like to stay here but if I can't I'll look at my next best option."

Shillington said his goal was to get an Origin call-up after being on the fringe of selection in recent seasons.

"It would be great to play with Nate [Myles] against Willie and Ogre [O'Meley]. I'll use the things they teach me each week in club games against them in Origin."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/tupou-deal-may-push-shillo-out/2008/04/05/1207249545691.html
bahahahaha. Player says his loyal and loves club, so whats he do.... he leaves

bassy

Waterboy
Reaction score
tupou now at the sharks...
Money talks and bull**** walks...
Guess that means no shillington for us. Now the cocks can fit him under there 9 million dollar salary cap.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shillo is not that good IMO, if he is on 200K then I believe 250K would be as much as we should pay for a player like Shillo...he's consistant but lacks the x factor!

H

HarryHubert

Shillo is not that good IMO, if he is on 200K then I believe 250K would be as much as we should pay for a player like Shillo...he's consistant but lacks the x factor!
If he plays rep footy this year we won't get him for less than $300,000.

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
now that tupu
is gone 2 the sharks
i recon the chooks have little salary cap funds left
and big shillington will remain a chook

H

HarryHubert

The chooks have all the funds they need, but Tupou probably favoured job security over short term financial gain.

dadoghouse

Once A DOG..Alwayz a DOG
Reaction score
we dont need props we need backs which are fast and can contest for a high ball!!!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we dont need props we need backs which are fast and can contest for a high ball!!!
We DO need props!! Hickey, Armit, Morrin are not regular FG standard.

Agree with your comment about backs 100% though.
The game is SO fast these days....speed kills, and SBW leaves our backs for DEAD...he has to S-L-O-W down to let our outside backs & support players catch up with him...sad.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Shillo's good but not worth the money getting talked about. I'd put everything into Lima and Blair imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.