dogs in big, big trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
compared to other teams in the top eight, apart from Melbourne, we have had bugger all injuries all year and are under achieving as far as our ladder position goes. we will not win against Canberra in Canberra next Saturday , mainly due to a very short turn around and then we face the bunnies with Sutton and GI back. mmmmmm. is the barba debacle in the back of the players minds or did they think it would be a walk in the park this year after making the big one last year ? excellence is not a skill but an attitude, and therein lies our problem this year.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm annoyed, but your statement is just not true. We've probably been one of the worst hit, when it comes to injuries and suspension. I don't think barba has anything to do with tonight's performance. Arrogance was the issue. It seemed like we just expected to win, we threw miracle balls and generally had the wrong attitude.
Hopefully, their pride is hurt and the get a kick in the arse at training this week and they turn it around on Saturday against the raiders. (Cause I don't want to spend 6hours and a tank of fuel, if we play like we did tonight)

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
compared to other teams in the top eight, apart from Melbourne, we have had bugger all injuries all year and are under achieving as far as our ladder position goes. we will not win against Canberra in Canberra next Saturday , mainly due to a very short turn around and then we face the bunnies with Sutton and GI back. mmmmmm. is the barba debacle in the back of the players minds or did they think it would be a walk in the park this year after making the big one last year ? excellence is not a skill but an attitude, and therein lies our problem this year.
Doubt the Barba thing has one bit to do with it
I think short turn around will be good for us actually no time to dwell on the bullshit display tonight
You really can't get a read off tonight's game to many penalties to get any flow in the game
I just think we need a full strength side on the field to get a true read on how our season is going to end this year but that has been our problem no consistency of our team with the same team week in week out

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
COMPLACENCY, That is all!

The boys can win if they really want it. Do they really want it?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would seem that our fans have more pride and passion for our jersey and club than the players do!!!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Didn't field a full strength team until round 12 and I reckon on 5 times since and therein lies the flaw in this thread

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would seem that our fans have more pride and passion for our jersey and club than the players do!!!
I have spoken to some of my mates that follow other teams & the feeling is mutual.

Its a business & a profession now, pride in any club is long gone.............................

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are rubbish I was gunna put money on titans to beat us $5.70 they should never of been that rough

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
We'll get rolled by the raiders down here

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
fair point but I am talking the last ten rounds, name me a game when we smashed the opposition, put the foot on the throat, were ruthless ... it hasn't happened. smashed the storm reggies and parra so what ? haven't had a player missing for more than two weeks, other than barba, for the last ten weeks. got smashed by Newcastle, pipped the broncs ( during origin ) the cows ( origin ), manly ( our best win of the year ), lost to the knights and were pretty ordinary against the drags . give me a bit of credit as I have done some homework. we are better than what we have shown this year. barba would be a distraction and any fair minded supporter would agree

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have spoken to some of my mates that follow other teams & the feeling is mutual.

Its a business & a profession now, pride in any club is long gone.............................
Understood business is business but for a business to grow you must have a product that the consumer wants or needs. In the case of our footy team, we want to see the players show the same pride and passion that we (consumers) supporters share, be it for only one game a week. We need a winning culture not this BS that was served up tonight. If you were at a restaurant and this BS was served up as the dish of the day you would have sent it back.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fair point but I am talking the last ten rounds, name me a game when we smashed the opposition, put the foot on the throat, were ruthless ... it hasn't happened. smashed the storm reggies and parra so what ? haven't had a player missing for more than two weeks, other than barba, for the last ten weeks. got smashed by Newcastle, pipped the broncs ( during origin ) the cows ( origin ), manly ( our best win of the year ), lost to the knights and were pretty ordinary against the drags . give me a bit of credit as I have done some homework. we are better than what we have shown this year. barba would be a distraction and any fair minded supporter would agree
I agree. We still struggle to put teams away. When we are behind we look for miracle balls & not smart plays.

Its a simple game that is dominated by field position at the end of the day. Make them tackle in their half & they will get tired.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Understood business is business but for a business to grow you must have a product that the consumer wants or needs. In the case of our footy team, we want to see the players show the same pride and passion that we (consumers) supporters share, be it for only one game a week. We need a winning culture not this BS that was served up tonight. If you were at a restaurant and this BS was served up as the dish of the day you would have sent it back.
I agree but these guys are playing for a set contract. If they win or loose they still get paid the same amount.

KPI's for performance cant work in a salary cap. Salary cap needs some work. At the moment its like communism!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do they still get match payments ? As well as a contract

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wish it was only match payments, maybe then they will have something to play for, since obviously pride and us fans mean FA to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.