News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So who does everyone think will stand out tonight from our youngster?
I’ll say
Bailey hayward
Matt burton
Stephen crighton
Jacob Kiraz
Bronson xerri
Samuel Hughes
I think fox will have a big game against his old club.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on Harry Hayes, how does he go?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Not too concerned we will still be in the game

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forwards are going to struggle big time. I feel sorry for Haywood and Skelton if he plays this week. Our middle forwards will contain Salmon, Knight, Patolo none of whom bend the line and Faamasuali doesn't play big minutes along with Kautoga who has been underwhelming at NRL level. I think the Dogs are in for a heavy loss. If Kikau doesn't play they may as well forfeit.
Looking at the Roosters on paper last week we had the potential to be thrashed but look what happened. We still have decent forwards for Friday with Hughes who bends the line, Curran and Mahoney. Faamasuali can bend the line too as we've seen. Kautoga was pretty good in one of our trials. Can hit hard in D and solid in attack. Knight is a big body and can go okay. If Kikau plays we could actually be stronger than the Melbourne pack. They're nothing special at all and Nelson isn't playing. If Skelton plays that's like having another forward

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on Harry Hayes, how does he go?

Will be as good as Presto one day.. alot do the same, versatile, bulldog, freak... very close to first grade but still young and raw. Likely to take over from Kikau once he is done.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our forwards are going to struggle big time. I feel sorry for Haywood and Skelton if he plays this week. Our middle forwards will contain Salmon, Knight, Patolo none of whom bend the line and Faamasuali doesn't play big minutes along with Kautoga who has been underwhelming at NRL level. I think the Dogs are in for a heavy loss. If Kikau doesn't play they may as well forfeit.
Mate go back to bed and gets some rest, you might wake up a bit more positive afterwards.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be as good as Presto one day.. alot do the same, versatile, bulldog, freak... very close to first grade but still young and raw. Likely to take over from Kikau once he is done.
Nsw cup will be interesting next year, we will have Hayes, Kautoga, Vale, Smith and Mataale and vying for spots, Lajuan Vito might age out of flegg too.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How old is he mate?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking at the Roosters on paper last week we had the potential to be thrashed but look what happened. We still have decent forwards for Friday with Hughes who bends the line, Curran and Mahoney. Faamasuali can bend the line too as we've seen. Kautoga was pretty good in one of our trials. Can hit hard in D and solid in attack. Knight is a big body and can go okay. If Kikau plays we could actually be stronger than the Melbourne pack. They're nothing special at all and Nelson isn't playing. If Skelton plays that's like having another forward
Storm spine is world class

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Storm spine is world class
That's what worries me if we are depleted in the forwards. I don't want Critta FB long term, but will be pretty frustrated if he has to deal with Papi support play through the middle and edges all night.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest i don't think it will be that bad even with our injuries Melbourne played a very depleted Broncos and yes they won but not a thrashing by any means

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fingers crossed Tracey sits this one out!! Let’s go Skelton
If players aren't 100% best to sit them out rather than risk further damage. This should be a lesson learned from last year. Better to have a week where they all rest up and return the next.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel Kikau plays too many minutes hey. Think he’s a 60 min player. He’s very injury prone. Obviously he plays these minutes for us because of lack of depth but eventually I think his mins should be reduced.
Agree and I think that’s sort of the plan for Kautoga to have a 20min stint and relieve Kiks. It’s a huge whole to fill though taking him off. Top 3 back rower in the game when fit

Last edited: