Dogs going to the Dogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs are just becomming Manly's "old boys club".

I wonder if Des has anyone else he'd like to bring over.

George Rose for Klemmer maybe?
Lol calm down two players from manly plus hoppa is 23 lmao

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Say what you will, but honestly, I need to get this rant off my chest.

The club I once loved is being ruined.

Last year was a joke (regardless how far we went).

We lacked attack, we lacked focus, and we do the same damn thing every game and make it simple for opposing coaches to pick us apart.

Entering into the 2016 season, we've recruited bugger all. From all reports we are about to sign an ex Manly hack who is overrated as ****, and only looked good because he had a world class backline behind him (Stewart / Matai / Lyon / DCE / Foran). As a result of this we look to be turfing out the 2014 top try scorer, and "on the rise" centre Tim Lafai. A player whose family aren't a bunch of ****wits, and who has built a family of his own that he pays tribute to every match. Tim is a champion of a bloke with his heart in the right place.

Is that not what the Bulldogs, THE FAMILY CLUB, is all about? Has someone forgotten this, or is the motto changing from "Bulldogs - The Family Club", to "Bulldogs - The Manly Club".

Lafai embodies everything our club strives for, and to treat the bloke like the club is, is downright disgraceful.

This is the guy we are getting rid of:
2015 he had this (http://www.nrl.com/family-scare-behind-lafais-omission/tabid/10874/newsid/84944/default.aspx) to contend with, as well as shoulder and knee injuries, which he was still fighting to recover from. He bulked up during that time he was injured, but entering end of year training worked hard to strip that all back off again.

In August 2015 the Hoppa/Lafai rumours started and he said this:

When Des first came over, we over achieved, and that was mostly using players that were already recruited. In the following seasons we recruited some players, but have failed to reach the heights of original year Des took over (2012).... when most of the structure and players from previous coach where in place.

We've cast aside the best form second rower we had in Pritchard, look to be showing the door to our 2014 strike centre, and cast aside the halfback who started firing the end of the year.. Instead we get a handful of juniors, and a Parra reject who has lived in the glory of his surname.

I have honestly just about had enough of this club. Over comes Des, recruits half of Manly along with it, and things take a slide after the Moore / Moore & Dymock composed side gets pulled apart.

If Des wants our club like Manly, why doesn't he go back there???. At times I question if he's actually sabotaging the club and it's players. Other times I have to question if he truly cares for the Family Club, or about the large salary dumped in his back pocket. Maybe him and Trex have more in common than we think??

We are Blue and White, not Maroon and White.
We are the mighty Bulldogs, not the pissant Sea Eagles.

We (as fans), and our LOYAL players, deserve to be treated better than this.

Given the wholesale changes... we better perform in 2016, or I think our bigwigs need to stand up and put their foot down.

Oh and if we lose one more decent player because another hack at Manly becomes available .. I'll lose my shit.

Not sure how much of the 2016 season I'll put up with (if we serve up the same rubbish as previous years).

Surely I'm not the only one feeling like this.

NOTE: I might be being overly critical, but I'm absolutely fuming about the treatment our club appear to be giving Tim Lafai. Just because Hoppa is on the market, doesn't mean we a) need him; and b) need to get rid of one of our best prospects as a result.

Except that side of the field to be a laughing joke next year.
im still pissed at Frank being turfed out.... What better club man could you want & he always gave 110% why didn't Williams get the arse, now it appears we're gonna shunt Laf and keep old Yoda Perret

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lafai is slow, been poor in defense, and defenders have worked him out.

He has been around for a few years now, and tge promise has never really been delivered. Apart from 2014, he has otherwise been underwhelming.

I don't mind giving Hopa a chance. Can't play any worse, and he was on par with Lafai.

I disagree.

Take 2015 out and lafai was one of the best centres in the comp.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The reason inu was let go in the middle of 2014 was because Des thought he distracted Lafai .. And what a turnaround it made however ,it was short lived, Lafai is just uninterested or lacks motivation and Des knows it that's why he is being let go..

Problem is he'll kill it at another team.

My prediction is Kas will be let go for the same reason

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least when the roosters signed our players they got some good ones for the time.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bulldogs are just becomming Manly's "old boys club".

I wonder if Des has anyone else he'd like to bring over.

George Rose for Klemmer maybe?
Who are all these manly players you speak of ?
The only player in our squad, that we got from manly is t-Rex.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mr Invis. You are showing how much you dislike Hoppa :P did his dad play against you :P

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lafai was terrible last year. I couldn't give a **** about 2014 form. If we are going to just keep players because they once have a purple patch of form why don't we get inu back because his form in 2012 was awesome?
Whether or not Hopoate is the guy to replace Lafai with remains to be seen but I'm not going to lose any sleep over Lafai. The only travesty here is that Perrett is still on the books.
So are you saying a player can be in top form for 2 or 3 years but if he play 1 bad season you'll kick them out the door?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Say what you will, but honestly, I need to get this rant off my chest.

The club I once loved is being ruined.

Last year was a joke (regardless how far we went).

We lacked attack, we lacked focus, and we do the same damn thing every game and make it simple for opposing coaches to pick us apart.

Entering into the 2016 season, we've recruited bugger all. From all reports we are about to sign an ex Manly hack who is overrated as ****, and only looked good because he had a world class backline behind him (Stewart / Matai / Lyon / DCE / Foran). As a result of this we look to be turfing out the 2014 top try scorer, and "on the rise" centre Tim Lafai. A player whose family aren't a bunch of ****wits, and who has built a family of his own that he pays tribute to every match. Tim is a champion of a bloke with his heart in the right place.

Is that not what the Bulldogs, THE FAMILY CLUB, is all about? Has someone forgotten this, or is the motto changing from "Bulldogs - The Family Club", to "Bulldogs - The Manly Club".

Lafai embodies everything our club strives for, and to treat the bloke like the club is, is downright disgraceful.

This is the guy we are getting rid of:
2015 he had this (http://www.nrl.com/family-scare-behind-lafais-omission/tabid/10874/newsid/84944/default.aspx) to contend with, as well as shoulder and knee injuries, which he was still fighting to recover from. He bulked up during that time he was injured, but entering end of year training worked hard to strip that all back off again.

In August 2015 the Hoppa/Lafai rumours started and he said this:

When Des first came over, we over achieved, and that was mostly using players that were already recruited. In the following seasons we recruited some players, but have failed to reach the heights of original year Des took over (2012).... when most of the structure and players from previous coach where in place.

We've cast aside the best form second rower we had in Pritchard, look to be showing the door to our 2014 strike centre, and cast aside the halfback who started firing the end of the year.. Instead we get a handful of juniors, and a Parra reject who has lived in the glory of his surname.

I have honestly just about had enough of this club. Over comes Des, recruits half of Manly along with it, and things take a slide after the Moore / Moore & Dymock composed side gets pulled apart.

If Des wants our club like Manly, why doesn't he go back there???. At times I question if he's actually sabotaging the club and it's players. Other times I have to question if he truly cares for the Family Club, or about the large salary dumped in his back pocket. Maybe him and Trex have more in common than we think??

We are Blue and White, not Maroon and White.
We are the mighty Bulldogs, not the pissant Sea Eagles.

We (as fans), and our LOYAL players, deserve to be treated better than this.

Given the wholesale changes... we better perform in 2016, or I think our bigwigs need to stand up and put their foot down.

Oh and if we lose one more decent player because another hack at Manly becomes available .. I'll lose my shit.

Not sure how much of the 2016 season I'll put up with (if we serve up the same rubbish as previous years).

Surely I'm not the only one feeling like this.

NOTE: I might be being overly critical, but I'm absolutely fuming about the treatment our club appear to be giving Tim Lafai. Just because Hoppa is on the market, doesn't mean we a) need him; and b) need to get rid of one of our best prospects as a result.

Except that side of the field to be a laughing joke next year.
i agree with everything you have said

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lafai was junk and had to be moved on. Holland is a great prospect and should slot in.

Flops definitely should not be playing centre. His best position is wing though he is not needed with the likes of Stanley, Phillips and McInally.

i for one hope
Dorothy is NOT re-signed
Jackson, Klemmer, Lane & Rona re-signed before 2016 kick off
If Perretts are not released, spend their contracted years in NSW Cup

i dont understand the signing of flops when you have James Roberts & Dylan Walker available who would come in cheaper

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tim Lafai is copping plenty of flack over his failures in the 2015 season and not many give a rodent's rectum about how he went in 2014. Well I do... he put up his hand in the second half of 2014 to cover for an injured Josh Morris and did his own stuff brilliantly.

In 2015 he was hampered by medical drama in his family and copped injuries to his knee and shoulder.

Righto... he did have a lousy year BUT IT WAS HASLER WHO SELECTED HIM. THE PERSONALITY PLUS COACH WHO HAS BASICALLY DONE BUGGER ALL FOR THE BULLDOGS.

Sure we've made two grand finals but we were belted in both of them.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do we buy two wingers and play them out of position.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The stubborn ***** has his favs and ignores form continuously
mr I is not only talking about the hoppa/ lafai trafe
hes also talking about how we treated frankie p etc
lane Phillips and cook only saw fg coz me has been had no other choice due to injuries
the outdated flat attacking styles has not and will not work in today's game
this same attack killed lafai as he was never given enough space to show off his footwork
reynolds also didn't proved lafai with adequate service
in concl I agree with everything mr I said
i predict the wooden spoon battle with tigers and Titans next year 100%

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The stubborn ***** has his favs and ignores form continuously
mr I is not only talking about the hoppa/ lafai trafe
hes also talking about how we treated frankie p etc
lane Phillips and cook only saw fg coz me has been had no other choice due to injuries
the outdated flat attacking styles has not and will not work in today's game
this same attack killed lafai as he was never given enough space to show off his footwork
reynolds also didn't proved lafai with adequate service
in concl I agree with everything mr I said
i predict the wooden spoon battle with tigers and Titans next year 100%

i agree 100% with what you said except for the last line.

the team is talented enough not to be anywhere the spoon even with our dud predictable attack.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des makes the calls he needs. I support Des 100%

Also - you can't call our Des for hiring from Manly then call him out for letting Hokko go.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will have no choice but to change the attack in 2016 with reduced interchanges, des could only play to his strengths when he arrived and that was our forwards, it worked but now teams know it and he will be forced to change it, he is not one of the best current coaches by flook. Also in 2016 the majority of our backline will be quick(morris twins, Rona, mybe) so imo he will start using that as his strengths for the 2016 game plan. Des deserves the benefit of the doubt for 2016

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Welcome to the NRL as we now know it. We are going closer to the NFL then we think. Which is a real shame. This player movement on all sides is just bullshit

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Exactly how I feel and what I have being saying also mate. If Des and our team does not WIN the 2016 GF this year he needs to go, it's that simple now for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.