Dogs Debut Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/27/debutant-watch--dogs-duo-ready-to-make-their-mark/

Lachlan Lewis
Club: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Position: Halfback
Intrust Super Premiership games played: 35
Representative honours: Queensland Under 20's

He's been a standout for the Bulldogs so far in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW in 2018, and now Lachlan Lewis will get his chance to make his mark on the NRL when he makes his first-grade debut against the Knights this Saturday night.

A valiant defensive halfback also capable of playing in the centres, Lewis has proven to make a mark of his own in 2018 with his tenacity and hard-work ethic being two of his greatest assets.

As captain of the Bulldogs this year, Lewis has continuously lead from the front in a rather inconsistent season for the Bulldogs side, and will be more than capable of making the transition into the NRL this weekend as he follows in the footsteps of his uncle, Wally Lewis.

Ofahiki Ogden
Club: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Position: Lock
Intrust Super Premiership games played: 45
Representative honours: Intrust Super NSW Residents

Undoubtedly one of the form forwards of the Intrust Super Premiership NSW in 2018, Ofahiki Ogden has reaped the rewards for a barnstorming form after being name on the bench for the Bulldogs this weekend.

Making his debut alongside Lewis - arguably two of their most consistent performers this season, Ogden has proven to be one of the best signings of 2018 after some barnstorming performances for the Bulldogs and having run for over 100 metres in his past seven games.

A powerful forward with an unstoppable leg drive, the 21-year-old will looking to fulfil his enormous potential and will take an array of confidence from his impressive performance for the victorious Intrust Super NSW Residents outfit.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least there will be some excitement this weekend, can’t wait for Saturday’s game actually! Really looking forward too it and wish them both good luck.

Go doggies!!!

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
This would never happen at the Eels - we let ALL our good juniors go and promote no one. *sigh*
I like the look of young Lewis - goes good.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good luck to them both
Agreed.
I'm excited for them both!
Although nobody here wants the dreaded spoon, our performances - both individual and team - are more important than results.
Hopefully Jacko n Klem will show their leadership and keep them positive.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck boys.. with our squad looking the way it is we better hope these kids can shine in NRL by the time next season comes

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed.
I'm excited for them both!
Although nobody here wants the dreaded spoon, our performances - both individual and team - are more important than results.
Hopefully Jacko n Klem will show their leadership and keep them positive.
I am hopeful we dont get the spoon but we had only won 3 from 14 when we were at full strength. Now we have lost Mbye, Woods and RFM from our last game and will also be without J Moz, Foran, and Fualaluo. It would take an ordinary performance from someone else for us to jag a win

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am hopeful we dont get the spoon but we had only won 3 from 14 when we were at full strength. Now we have lost Mbye, Woods and RFM from our last game and will also be without J Moz, Foran, and Fualaluo. It would take an ordinary performance from someone else for us to jag a win
You're a funny man Howie.
How the hell do you think you can knock the Eels out of 16th spot?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're a funny man Howie.
How the hell do you think you can knock the Eels out of 16th spot?
Good point there champ. Takes a special team to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like they did last night. I'm not confident even we could do it with such style. At least ours are penalties......

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Or even last year!
Unfortunately due to the cap. Pay is smart. Saw what he wanted and removed the obstacle i.e mybe and woods. Now he can promote these players into the top 30. Since the season is done, happy to see a lose here and there if we're using younger players that at least try.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good point there champ. Takes a special team to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like they did last night. I'm not confident even we could do it with such style. At least ours are penalties......
LOL - I just might come down for Rd 20 and sit in the Doggies bay wearing my Eels jersey cheering you blokes on.
FFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have a mortgage on the Spoon and we ain't letting it go - after this season we will have SIX (6) more spoons than any other team currently in the comp and only a few behind Newtown Jets.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL - I just might come down for Rd 20 and sit in the Doggies bay wearing my Eels jersey cheering you blokes on.
FFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have a mortgage on the Spoon and we ain't letting it go - after this season we will have SIX (6) more spoons than any other team currently in the comp and only a few behind Newtown Jets.
Mate we are such an egalitarian bunch at the Dogs you won't even look out of place. I'm in the platinum area and half the people in there are wearing something else. I guess even our fans have given up and give their passes to mates......

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate we are such an egalitarian bunch at the Dogs you won't even look out of place. I'm in the platinum area and half the people in there are wearing something else. I guess even our fans have given up and give their passes to mates......
At least you are getting someone to turn up to the game - MASSIVE crowd of 6,900 last night - what does that tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.