News Dogs Confirm huge Burton Switch

GHs

Waterboy
Reaction score
What is stupid about what I said? I never said Flanagan would be here next year. I said he's the best option we have this year. But hey, if you can't come up with winning arguments, resort to cheap insults.
Best option thsts the funniest thing I’ve heard all year

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Best option thsts the funniest thing I’ve heard all year
Who is a better option? The bloke who gets injured every other week, the 18 year old who has less NSW Cup try assists in 7 games than Flano produced in 4 games last year, or the bloke who isn't in the top 30?

GHs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Who is a better option? The bloke who gets injured every other week, the 18 year old who has less NSW Cup try assists in 7 games than Flano produced in 4 games last year, or the bloke who isn't in the top 30?
Lol a winger would do a better job in half most useless human to ever play half back

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol a winger would do a better job in half most useless human to ever play half back
Lol we've played two halfbacks who were worse in the last 1.5 years.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds has a injury, if he fails captain run, Karl Oloapu will play 14.
Reynolds is injured a bit already. He is not really a legitimate top 30 player at what 34 or so

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why couldn't he step up as captain and take control at a 5/8?
He's stepped up about twice this year and taken control for about 10-15 minutes of play knowing our HB's got nothing.
Changing the numbers on their back doesnt fill me with confidence.
Im hoping KO is close to being ready.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why couldn't he step up as captain and take control at a 5/8?
He's stepped up about twice this year and taken control for about 10-15 minutes of play knowing our HB's got nothing.
Changing the numbers on their back doesnt fill me with confidence.
Im hoping KO is close to being ready.
The problem with most of our armchair opinions is that we’re not privy to what the players are told and taught at training!

Most of us base our opinions off 80 minutes a week. Some of us attend training, but not a great deal can be learnt from that, unless you can hear what the coaches are saying.

Even based only on the games so far, Kyle must have been told to take most control of the game. He may just naturally take over, because he is confident (with no reason to be), but CC may have also asked for that. We really don’t know. What we do know is that CC has actually directed Burto to be more involved, which forces Kyle to take a back seat.

Regardless of your view of Burton, he has been responsible for a lot of our points. Admittedly he drifts in and out of games, but we’d be far worse off without him. He’s one of the only creative players we have. Kyle can’t break the line or setup anything. Perham the same. This is the single most concerning thing. We have ONE player in Burton who can make something happen. No wonder he doesn’t provide it all game every game. He probably feels incredibly pressured. Reed can also create points but he hasn’t had many quality performances as yet.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem with most of our armchair opinions is that we’re not privy to what the players are told and taught at training!

Most of us base our opinions off 80 minutes a week. Some of us attend training, but not a great deal can be learnt from that, unless you can hear what the coaches are saying.

Even based only on the games so far, Kyle must have been told to take most control of the game. He may just naturally take over, because he is confident (with no reason to be), but CC may have also asked for that. We really don’t know. What we do know is that CC has actually directed Burto to be more involved, which forces Kyle to take a back seat.

Regardless of your view of Burton, he has been responsible for a lot of our points. Admittedly he drifts in and out of games, but we’d be far worse off without him. He’s one of the only creative players we have. Kyle can’t break the line or setup anything. Perham the same. This is the single most concerning thing. We have ONE player in Burton who can make something happen. No wonder he doesn’t provide it all game every game. He probably feels incredibly pressured. Reed can also create points but he hasn’t had many quality performances as yet.
The pressure on Burton to create is compounded by the defence of other teams solely concentrating on him. No team is devising a plan to shut down fkn Flanno. He is a passenger. I think people underestimate the impact of Flanno’s ineptness on the performance of Burton.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton will continue to play left side and Flanagan will continue to play left side.

Burton already does 90% of the general kicking, so I don't see what changes.

I think this is more of a change focused on Flanagan rather than Burton. It's a soft approach to us no doubt dropping him.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton will continue to play left side and Flanagan will continue to play left side.

I think this is more of a change focused on Flanagan rather than Burton. It's a soft approach to us no doubt dropping him.
That’s some strange logic for dropping a bloke explain how that works.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s some strange logic for dropping a bloke explain how that works.
Well it wouldn't be how I'd do it, but I'm not Ciraldo lol.

Guessing they're trying to give Flanagan one last chance while also keeping the media at bay. If he fails, it's now 2 spots he couldn't manage and as a result the club has no choice but to drop him, leaving no one external able to criticise the decision.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

But as individual armchair critics, we are all right.
The problem is the head coaching roll should be scrapped.
There should be a weekly poll on TK for team selection.
Then we can all meet up in a bunnings car park day before match day to punch on for final team selection.
Then we can all sit down for a sausage sizzle and beverage of choice and poke shit and laugh at each other.
Simples.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I think Burton moving to 7 is solely to debut KO in the 6 as he has played there all his life, making his transition to FG easier.

I can see both Burton and KO helping eachother IMHO, in turn, helping Mahoney. Let's hope it helps perham pull his finger out too.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You raise some very good points, when you think about the bigger picture you see exactly why we are where we are on the ladder.

The good teams have attacking threats all over the park and this breaks down teams defences, where’s it coming from, 7, 1, 6, 9, 13 … which one of these is going to bring there centres or wingers into it or put in a dangerous random kick ?

This is what we’re missing & we’re going to struggle while we have the likes of Kikau, Kiraz, JAC, out injured because they’re big threats.

Teams can’t really shut down Burtons kicking but they can target him and nullify our main running attacking weapon, I believe Mahoney recognises our 7 isn’t seen as a threat and is the reason he’s trying harder in attack instead of who to get the ball to to do the attacking ..

When was the last time we had a #1 that was a big threat, that could chime into the line as a top ball player and set up try’s and score them.

When was the last time we had a 7 that could pop up a ball along the try line into the bread basket of his opposite winger.

Did anyone watch the Panthers last night, when was the last time we had a 7 that could even do 1/2 of what Cleary did.

Until we have multiple creative players we’re going to continue to struggle ..

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The change between 7 and 6 is 7 is first receiver