Dogs broncos - the differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos are a good all round team. I do like how Bennett managed his back line. The only 2 guaranteed starters were Boyd and Hodges. The rest knew they had to perform each week to keep their spot.

For all the people jizzing over Hunt and dissing Mbye I think you all have short memories. Hunt came to the NRL with big wraps but was nothing more than a bit part utility player for his first few seasons. Mbye can very there but maybe his contact status needs to be sorted so all we talk about is his football. If he wants 800k as a fan I want to see more from him

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will

Perrett
Lafai
Renoylds
Tolman
I think it's more about managing the cap effectively. That means getting value for money from the players and spending the cap in the right areas.

If Graham is on 750k, he is overpaid and we don't get value from him.
Trex is in the same boat.
What is Kasiano on? Pritchard had a good year, but if he is on any more than 350k he is overpaid also.

Most teams spend big on their halves. We don't. Our big price players are our forwards, and some of them are way overpaid. This does not allow us to spend bigger on quality playmakers. Instead we have chosen budget options in this position.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
We were playing a finals series without our first choice hooker and halfback.

Any other side would be spanked in the same scenario.

Friend and Pearce
Thurston and Granville
Hunt and McCullough
Smith and Cronk.

Each of those teams wouldn't win a premiership without them.

Again, this years GF will be won by the team with least injuries to the key players.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were playing a finals series without our first choice hooker and halfback.

Any other side would be spanked in the same scenario.

Friend and Pearce
Thurston and Granville
Hunt and McCullough
Smith and Cronk.

Each of those teams wouldn't win a premiership without them.

Again, this years GF will be won by the team with least injuries to the key players.
How can you compare Hodko/Lichaa to any of the above combos?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok, here is the 2015 list...

Perrett
Lafai
Mbye
Reynolds
Hodkinson
Tolman
Graham (after Good Friday)
She-Rex
L Perrett
You are deadset the most negative bloke about the Bulldogs nowadays. Tolman and graham are passengers... Yeah right. You were probably jizzing over mbye when he was throwing cut outs to rona. L perrett isn't even a first grader yet and you want to cut him out. He has potential.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you compare Hodko/Lichaa to any of the above combos?
It's not about comparing.

The point is those players are instrumental to our team structures and performance. Without them we struggled.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You are deadset the most negative bloke about the Bulldogs nowadays. Tolman and graham are passengers... Yeah right. You were probably jizzing over mbye when he was throwing cut outs to rona. L perrett isn't even a first grader yet and you want to cut him out. He has potential.
Negative? I just call it as I see it. Tolman just tackles and wastes hit-ups and Graham lost his balls on Good Friday and obviously can't handle the captaincy.

Fkn lol @ Mbye's cut out passes, how many passes did he throw? 1? 2?

L Perrett shouldnt be anywhere near first grade for now.

What you call negativity everyone else calls reality.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben Hunt/Anthony Milford

That's the major difference. Hunt and Milford have been the best halves combo this year.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
JT/Morgan ain't too shabby either.
True. JT is the star of the show there. Morgan still needs work but he has some major pace.

Hunt and Milford both have a ridiculous amount of talent for their age, and they'll only get better.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ben Hunt/Anthony Milford

That's the major difference. Hunt and Milford have been the best halves combo this year.
They have had the advantage of an uninterrupted season as well.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
True. JT is the star of the show there. Morgan still needs work but he has some major pace.

Hunt and Milford both have a ridiculous amount of talent for their age, and they'll only get better.
JT with Milford would have to be the best combo don't you think?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
JT with Milford would have to be the best combo don't you think?
Definitely. The experience, skill and control of JT with the raw talent of Milford. That's a scary thought.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tonight's game made me realise that the dogs are way behind the pack. It's a sad reality atm
We beat that Broncos team at Suncorp not long ago
Even Bennett admitted defeat by a more hungry team that played better in his presser
We are a top 4 team regardless of where we finish
Look at our results against the top 4 except the roosters we did OK against them

Status
Not open for further replies.