News Dogged Pearce pursuit

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogged Pearce pursuit
Trying to lure Mitchell Pearce back to the NRL from France is not an entirely new idea.
Before he returned to Europe after his initial season with Catalans Dragons in 2022 he met with Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould, coach Cameron Ciraldo and recruitment manager Peter Sharp to discuss a potential stint. He told the Bulldogs his days in the NRL were over and that some pressure-free football in the Super League was his preference.
The interest Wests Tigers have shown in Pearce demonstrates the lack of quality halves coming through the ranks. There is no doubt the Tigers would like him for his ability to provide direction and experience. Tigers coach Tim Sheens admitted during the week that the club had reached out to Pearce but he had other plans.
Advertisement

The Bulldogs made their approach with plenty of time leading into a season, but for the Tigers to suddenly decide Pearce was their Mr Fix-It shows the difference in rebuilds at both clubs.
The Bulldogs’ rebuild could land them in the top eight, with more good signings arriving next season. The Tigers are already having trouble cracking it for a win and the pressure is growing by the day on club bosses and Sheens.

SMH weidler. Makes the tigers look even more like cucks lol

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's incredible how much of a turn around we have seen by Danny Weidler since his mate Gould arrived at the club. He spent the better part of a decade running the place into the ground and now hasn't got a bad word to say.
Also helps that SBW is welcomed back into the fold. But you’re probably right too - his 9 connection with Gus is probably driving the positive spin these days.

Sidebar - I’ve actually heard from several people Weidler is actually an awesome guy to get a beer with. Tells good yarns and doesn’t act like a fuckwit off paper.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's incredible how much of a turn around we have seen by Danny Weidler since his mate Gould arrived at the club. He spent the better part of a decade running the place into the ground and now hasn't got a bad word to say.
He must have tasted the succulent Chinese at the Leagues club.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha another article to drive Flannos confidence further into the ground

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogged Pearce pursuit
Trying to lure Mitchell Pearce back to the NRL from France is not an entirely new idea.
Before he returned to Europe after his initial season with Catalans Dragons in 2022 he met with Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould, coach Cameron Ciraldo and recruitment manager Peter Sharp to discuss a potential stint. He told the Bulldogs his days in the NRL were over and that some pressure-free football in the Super League was his preference.
The interest Wests Tigers have shown in Pearce demonstrates the lack of quality halves coming through the ranks. There is no doubt the Tigers would like him for his ability to provide direction and experience. Tigers coach Tim Sheens admitted during the week that the club had reached out to Pearce but he had other plans.
Advertisement

The Bulldogs made their approach with plenty of time leading into a season, but for the Tigers to suddenly decide Pearce was their Mr Fix-It shows the difference in rebuilds at both clubs.
The Bulldogs’ rebuild could land them in the top eight, with more good signings arriving next season. The Tigers are already having trouble cracking it for a win and the pressure is growing by the day on club bosses and Sheens.

SMH weidler. Makes the tigers look even more like cucks lol
I always thought Gus would have been interested.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whatever happens to the Todd Carney talk/tweet.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
There is a lack of quality halves for sure. Its why we paid $500k transfer fee to get KO at 18. And by all accounts hes killing it in reggies which is a good sign he might debut sooner rather than later.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I would take this dog fucker for the rest of this year if it means that piss ant fuckin weasel rat Flanagan never sees the grade again

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That motherf*+#er went on "The Roast" on the weekend that SBW fled to France in 2008 and accused Dr Hugh Hazard and the rest of the Bulldogs medical staff of lying to SBW to entrap him into signing a long term deal with us even though the initial deal offered to SBW was for 3 years but it was SBW that wanted a 5 year deal... f*+# Weidler!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would take this dog fucker for the rest of this year if it means that piss ant fuckin weasel rat Flanagan never sees the grade again
Like the article says, there are no class halves coming through so we might have to train some plays into him, he has worn number 7 for a while so is prolly all that is out there.
Pearce went stale at the Knights and won't be much better, remember he failed in that semi.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came here to post ’At least we’re not the Tigers’. We obvious have a long way to go to get back to a gun team, but they look absolutely fucked. With all the big names they signed, to go backwards like they have is a real achievement. They’re so bad I actually feel sorry for them. At some point it’s not funny anymore to pick on the hopeless case.

I watched the post match press conference and Sheens just doesn’t seem to grasp the seriousness of the situation they’re in. He didn’t help anyone by completely rearranging the spine only a couple of weeks into the season. That’s a Barrett play. Remember when he actually gave 3 different halfbacks a fortnight each to prove themselves IN COMPETITION?! Not in preseason, but actually playing for points, he trialled 3 different halfbacks lol. I think I may have even defended that ludicrousness at the time.

I’m not too confident in our position compared with Tigers. We have shown some good signs and are 2-2. We’re also dealing with missing key forwards, so we’re currently in a respectable position, but I can imagine it all going pearshaped, like the Tiges, specifically because we continue to play Flanagan in the no.7 and our only reliably good spine player is Reed.

I think it’s clear watching Tiges that most of their players aren’t first grade standard, but you’ve got to make a decision and stick t9 it like Ciro has. He hasn’t changed his spine yet, even though they haven’t set the world on fire. He’s obviously decided that they’re the best players available and swapping and changing them will only make it worse. Remember when Wakes came on for Tiges at Belmore and his effectiveness caused Sheens to play him in the starting 13 the next week and move Doeuhi to fullback? Haha he got easily tricked aye.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I don’t think he was tricked Their defence was worse than their attack…we know a little bit about that no disrespect to Furner. Swapping and changing players is not a new phenomenon, I hate the position we r in…I hope I don’t have chest pain and need a lye down tonight but ffs change the halfback, this is such an unhealthy lifestyle.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whatever happens to the Todd Carney talk/tweet.
i would much prefer him over pearce any day, and i wouldnt mind seeing him in the side he is probably better than half the options available. i said a few years back he wouldve been a nice addition if we threw him a lifeline.. the tweet was just a gee up although it wouldve been nice to have had some truth to it