News Dog art: Canterbury’s new recruits immortalised before kicking a ball

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jobels is an independent business.. they can literally do whatever the fuck they want lol
That’s what I was thinking. I don’t know the history but remember hearing about them for years, so I guess it’s the unofficial team hang out. Obviously Gus and others have done a lot of publicity stuff there, which I gather is due to them being one of the most supportive businesses in the community. They have been doing these murals for at least a few years, so it’s no surprise the club and/or Gus and players like to support them and hang out there.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what’s wrong with supporters painting pictures of there new players on there property wall?
Fuck me it’s only paint.
If someone wants to donate their wall I’d be happy to travel the 7 hours both ways to come down and paint a doggies mural on it. I’ve been doing it off and on for over 30 years. The more doggies art in the inner west the better!

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough, but why would you paint Kikau and Mahoney when they haven’t even laced a boot in a regular season in Dogs colours?

Especially when we haven’t made finals in fucking 6 years!! Imagine we start winning games on a regular basis, we’ll be worse than Panthers and they’ve won recent back to back premierships.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough, but why would you paint Kikau and Mahoney when they haven’t even laced a boot in a regular season in Dogs colours?

Especially when we haven’t made finals in fucking 6 years!! Imagine we start winning games on a regular basis, we’ll be worse than Panthers and they’ve won recent back to back premierships.
WTF has any of that got to do with a private business commissioning a painting on their wall. FFS it's not my wall, it's not your wall, it's their wall and their money and if you don't want to look at it then it's quite simple don't farkin look at it.

Always a Bulldog

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WTF has any of that got to do with a private business commissioning a painting on their wall. FFS it's not my wall, it's not your wall, it's their wall and their money and if you don't want to look at it then it's quite simple don't farkin look at it.

Always a Bulldog
Apparently the wall at Jobels is a sacred surface that should only hold players that have spilt blood for our club. It should only have legends of the club there, painted once and never again.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
It’s more a fan mentality thing that I get annoyed with. It’s so fucking cringe when you’ve been a dumpster fire for almost over half a decade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently the wall at Jobels is a sacred surface that should only hold players that have spilt blood for our club. It should only have legends of the club there, painted once and never again.
I'll cap it

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very odd reaction from some. Whats wrong with someone doing a mural of a couple of our players?
At least the odd reactions are consistent mate we sure do have some cranks in our ranks lol
I agree this is harmless and a good earn for the artist too.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Can someone go and paint a decent haircut or a Bulldogs hat on Kiks ffs :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Media is really short on stories if this gets any airtime. They're in drastic need of players to tape or stab someone right now.
A kenneller questioned if stories get edited in another thread(Jeral's I think)well they mustn't because this pile of horseshit isn't worthy of being published.