Opinion Doesn’t matter who the half back is

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The attack is broken and I’ll be surprised if it can be fixed mid season. BAZ wasted an entire off season building and attack that was designed for Penriths players. Josh Jackson for Yeo, Waddell for Kickau, JMK for Api, anyone for To’o, Anyone for Crichton,, Anyone for Cleary.

It won’t matter who is our 7 imo, ffs Burton is a star and hasn’t had a try assist if I can recall. Our only attacking option is his bomb! Lofl

We scored 5 tries. One from dummy half, one off a kick, and 3 with defenders tackling us over the line. Can you recall an actual clean line break from a play where we cut straight through the defensw. Our tries in the trials were similar.

You need great defense and a spine to win a comp but you can’t win games without attack. This will most likely be be one the great underachieving years in memory. TBAZ gone by June

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The attack is broken and I’ll be surprised if it can be fixed mid season. BAZ wasted an entire off season building and attack that was designed for Penriths players. Josh Jackson for Yeo, Waddell for Kickau, JMK for Api, anyone for To’o, Anyone for Crichton,, Anyone for Cleary.

It won’t matter who is our 7 imo, ffs Burton is a star and hasn’t had a try assist if I can recall. Our only attacking option is his bomb! Lofl

We scored 5 tries. One from dummy half, one off a kick, and 3 with defenders tackling us over the line. Can you recall an actual clean line break from a play where we cut straight through the defensw. Our tries in the trials were similar.

You need great defense and a spine to win a comp but you can’t win games without attack. This will most likely be be one the great underachieving years in memory. TBAZ gone by June
Two tries off a kick *

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gusler you made two points that no one can argue with.
We have no attack with an attacking coach in place
Baz needs to go or get help.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It absolutely does matter who the half back is.
Gotta have someone who can scan the situation and think where is the ball going to cause most grief off this little kick?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Penrith's attack with Yeo is that unique. Whilst Yeo is good at it, so many sides use a middle man as a link. We were even doing it back in 2012 with Kasiano and Graham

Malla

Reaction score
I don't think Penrith's attack with Yeo is that unique. Whilst Yeo is good at it, so many sides use a middle man as a link. We were even doing it back in 2012 with Kasiano and Graham
Its sounds simple but its really difficult to execute what Penrith does. They do everything 5x quicker than their opposition hence why teams struggle to keep up. Only way to beat Penrith is slow them down but with these new rules thats almost impossible.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Halfbacks do matter in every facet of the game !
The hooker's direction distribution and speed makes the team's life a lot easier especially the halfbacks !
We haven't had a good hooker for 7 years, are you still wondering why our attack has been so bad ???

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Halfbacks do matter in every facet of the game !
The hooker's direction distribution and speed makes the team's life a lot easier especially the halfbacks !
We haven't had a good hooker for 7 years, are you still wondering why our attack has been so bad ???
Our attack has been terrible for so long now I can remember when it first fell in a hole, does it coincide to when JMK started playing hooker, I find it amazing we keep changing halves but JMK keeps getting a gig when all our attacking issues start at dummy half

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our attack has been terrible for so long now I can remember when it first fell in a hole, does it coincide to when JMK started playing hooker, I find it amazing we keep changing halves but JMK keeps getting a gig when all our attacking issues start at dummy half
With all the respect for JMK he simply isn't a hooker...
We are one or the two of either too loyal or too stupid for persisting with him at hooker when the Tigpies of all clubs showed him the door ! :rage:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesn’t when your dummy half is so slow always takes the wrong option and never gets the ball to where it needs to be
The sooner he is somewhere else,the sooner our attack improves. Surely Cook at 9 and BBO at 14 gives our attack a chance to flourish

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
You’ll be surprised what difference a halfback makes.
Remember south’s got belted last year when Reynolds was out. 50-love.
In the past johns presence would take knights from unwinnabke to top 4.
In our own case, we saw Kimmorley come to us after getting the spoon and making us minor premiers.
The team he left went from runner up minor premiers to spoon the year after.

the half is the lifeblood of the team.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
You’ll be surprised what difference a halfback makes.
Remember south’s got belted last year when Reynolds was out. 50-love.
In the past johns presence would take knights from unwinnabke to top 4.
In our own case, we saw Kimmorley come to us after getting the spoon and making us minor premiers.
The team he left went from runner up minor premiers to spoon the year after.

the half is the lifeblood of the team.
We have halfbacks, only problem they all suck.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Btw we absolutely missed a trick by not recruiting Townsend when he was cheap last year.
Nasheed used to say it.
look now, he’s the form organisational half of the competition.
Yes he signed with the cowboys for ethnic money but that offer came in late. We could have had him for 450.