Does CBB have what it takes to handle Des?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
He is currently solely creating chaos at manly. Players, staff and members feel insecure. He was the single most valuable card in the deck that has sent the house tumbling.

No doubt he is an extraordinary asset for any team. He has the skills to build strong and effective relationships and the smarts to hold a great deal of power in his position. Des has already brought over some of his key staff which he is comfortable working with - very much making his mark. Let's face it most coaches are replaceable and I couldn't imagine any other coach in the league being able to have the impact he has had when signing with a different club.

Are we at risk at having the same thing happen to us at the end of his contract? There is a lot of feedback from Manly fans that suggest he requires a lot of control and when he doesn't get his way things get ugly.

I'm personally VERY excited he is on his way. The sooner the better IMO but I can't help feeling a little threatened by his character and dominance he may have on the club. What will CBB do to protect itself from the kind of situation Manly are facing now?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
He is currently solely creating chaos at Manly?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the maintenance workers at ANZ Stadium might have extra work to do

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Yes the situation is current and without his movement I highly doubt any of this would be going down.

What is your question?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Des may be in the centre of the chaos, but he isn't creating it. If you haven't noticed, there are severe internal problems at Manly that extend far beyond Des Hasler.

lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Des may be in the centre of the chaos, but he isn't creating it. If you haven't noticed, there are severe internal problems at Manly that extend far beyond Des Hasler.

lol
but youve got to admit, hasler is a psycho

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Ok poor choice of words. Thank you mr slippery. The chaos is testament to the power he holds.

Do you have any feedback on the discussion topic?

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem with manly is they are owned by 4 or 5 seperate entities. these people have not seen eye to eye for along time now.
Dessie is a coach. Im pretty sure he'll be happy just concentrating on footy instead of being caught up with the boardroom garbage.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
incompetent board trying to blame someone and thats my much beloved Dessie

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nothing wrong with giving the coach freedom to do whatever he wants..

ala SAF/mourinho...

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
if he wins us two comps in 8 years who gives a ****?

paxmaxi

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maybe alot of the "control freak" side of Hasler came out because of the incompetence he was sourronded by. Hopefully here he will not feel the need to 'bunker down' with his players as he did at Manly. He didn't even talk to the CEO according to all the paper talk. I can only see him having a very healthy relationship with our more professional Board, and Todd G especially.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Des is the walls of the house. The board are the foundations.

The foundations are collapsing and have been for a long time. There is no way the walls could stay up.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Maybe alot of the "control freak" side of Hasler came out because of the incompetence he was sourronded by. Hopefully here he will not feel the need to 'bunker down' with his players as he did at Manly. He didn't even talk to the CEO according to all the paper talk. I can only see him having a very healthy relationship with our more professional Board, and Todd G especially.
I hope so. Best just to enjoy it all for now :grinning:

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i have no concerns with des

i also firmly believe our administration will not let our club be affected by his departure like how the manly club are currently imploding and how the dragons are a club going nowhere in a few areas of their operations, now that bennett has gone

i see our club making the transition smoothly from des to our coach after him and i don't see our club losing a host of players when he moves on, ala bennett and the dragons

our administration is clearly top of the crop

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
All Des wanted was the Board to acknowledge his performance and sure up his contract for the next 3-5 years. Nothing wrong with that, players do it. It was the total complacency of the Manly board members to think that he wouldn't talk to other clubs. We can give Des support and the facilities to do his thing because Greenberg knows hows these things work better than most and he will listen.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll be coming early... It seems that was our strategy all along. Very smart. Of course it is ridiculous to have a coach sign on for two seasons in advance. It's almost like writing the season in between off. Of course Manly wouldn't tolerate the situation. The only sensible thing to do is to get Hasler over here now so that both clubs can get on with their futures.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He'll be coming early... It seems that was our strategy all along. Very smart. Of course it is ridiculous to have a coach sign on for two seasons in advance. It's almost like writing the season in between off. Of course Manly wouldn't tolerate the situation. The only sensible thing to do is to get Hasler over here now so that both clubs can get on with their futures.
We must extent Des' contract to 5 years if he starts in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.