Does anyone who was against signing Latrell Mitchell still stand by it ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I was on the fence then and I'm still on the fence now. A 3 or 4 year contract is a long time, lots of water to flow under that bridge, let's see how he goes year in year out for the length of his contract.

Always a Bulldog

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was on the fence then and I'm still on the fence now. A 3 or 4 year contract is a long time, lots of water to flow under that bridge, let's see how he goes year in year out for the length of his contract.

Always a Bulldog
Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog!

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok, so I've done some searching and only 3 of the 7 current board members were on the board when the media statement was made.
Also, Joe Thomas and Peter Mortimer had only been in the role for a few weeks at the time. So that's a minority not a majority that were on the board at that time. Also, Hill was still CEO.

So No, the current board didn't have much to do with all the Mitchell Fiasco.
I am not saying it was a fiasco but sorry correction you are correct - three are common to both boards.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone that said Keiren Foran was finished still think hes made of glass? not even wearing strapping and about to tear us a new one!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone that said Keiren Foran was finished still think hes made of glass? not even wearing strapping and about to tear us a new one!!
Oh yeah. We have that to look forward too as well.

Call in the stewards tho. Either we had/have the worst medical staff or Keiran was a faker injury magnet :grinning:

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
His going well but lets put him back in the sling for good old times sake

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah. We have that to look forward too as well.

Call in the stewards tho. Either we had/have the worst medical staff or Keiran was a faker injury magnet :grinning:
No clear structure in the Football Department from when Hasler took charge. Hasler appointed yes men in the medical/rehab/coaching staff. The lack of direction continued under Pay/Anderson administration.
I trust that John Khoury/Hansen/Barrett are calculated & measured in the most crucial & important decision the Club has to make moving forward/- GM of Football.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was never any question over his skill and potential. It was the 7 figures he wanted and the fact he was relatively untried at his preferred position of fb.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Signing mitchell in our current situation would fare much better than when he was on the market. Back then we needed to clear as much off of the cap as possible (and still need to do re recently departed dwz and as well as the likes of napa etc) so we could be somewhat in the position we are today where we can start allocating our cap more appropriately (spine players priority). Granted there aren't many spine players available, patience is key

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Latrell is no doubt in the same league as Inglis talent wise but the guy has attitude problems. Our biggest stuff up wasn't him but rather Tedesco because we also refused to sign Luke Brookes i think it was as we said we would as a package deal. Despite how bad that would've been getting Tedesco and then eventually fucking off the other two would've been the biggest boon to us

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Latrell is no doubt in the same league as Inglis talent wise but the guy has attitude problems. Our biggest stuff up wasn't him but rather Tedesco because we also refused to sign Luke Brookes i think it was as we said we would as a package deal. Despite how bad that would've been getting Tedesco and then eventually fucking off the other two would've been the biggest boon to us

Didn't Tedesco sign with us because we refuse to sign Moses?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Didn't Tedesco sign with us because we refuse to sign Moses?
Yes one or the other, i'm actually not sure which one but we had a package deal with the Tigers and our management backflipped on one of them and he subsequently signed with the Roosters.

The problem with our management is that we make promises that we don't keep, backflip and give the chance for the player themselves to backflip. We should've never approached it as a package deal and just straight up went after Tedesco.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The jury is still out with Latrell, he is unproven on the big stage
Surely you're joking. He gave Gagai a bath in Origin 1 and 2 and setup the winning try against the Raiders in 2019. There's no bigger stage than Origin and the GF.

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s good we didn’t sign him , we would have turned him to shit

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree on one hand Chimpy but it seems to often? Thoughts?

I think that player managers use us as pawns to get their clients more coin. Aside from addo carr and Burton, top tier players we are continually "linked" with seldom if ever come to fruition.

Talking about past players and players we "nearly" signed is like pissing up a rope basically, that's what I think

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If my parents had invested every cent they had in Microsoft and sold it when Bitcoin was starting up and invested there, I'd be ready to inherit a fortune from them one day. My grandparents deserve the sack for raising idiots who couldn't see into the future.

The thing is though that in life we don't always get what we want.

I personally thought Mitchell was playing clubs off against each other to get maximum money from South's. He probably hoped to have a written offer to show South's to get a bit closer to a million. He pushed that for too long and wound up getting whatever they offered to play for his club of choice. I'm not going to be upset that we didn't become his meal ticket while waiting for the chance to play with his dream club.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes.

At any time his attitude can shift.

No one said he is a bad players.

Everyones reason for saying "No" is latrells attitude problem.

When his team isnt on top, he is a grubby crybaby.