Does anyone at the club realise how bad mbye is playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But des just keeps picking duds as he did with trex surely something will eventually change - ffs des talk about the definition of insanity
You would think that but we have seen Mbye at 7 all season, it wont change even though everyone can see it >:( Des is killing us :rage:

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I saw with Mbye against the Dragons was both long and short kicking game options were bad. Some of his long kicks were abysmal. He also threw some dreadful passes.

Personally I think Mbye knows that the Bulldogs fans are calling him a dud and it has put him in a bad headspace.

In a case like that it doesn't matter if he's getting paid $100K or $800K a season, if there's shit going on in his head its always going to manifest it self into shit on the field.

Make no mistake, Mbye is a very good running back but a dreadful half back or five eighth the way the Bulldogs attack is structured. Right now there isn't another place for him in first grade except hooker/ dummy half, and IMO that's where he has to go now otherwise he'll be a head case for the rest of his career. The only other option is for him to play fullback or centre in reserves.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye and Lichaa both have great potential... With Foran and Woods coming to help these kids, I think its time everyone lays of a couple of 23 yr olds who have the talent and are yet to fully blossom as professionals.

Old Mick

New Pup
Reaction score
My first post here
disenchanted bulldogs supporter of 51 years
i say to you all there are a lot of players in this team who played far better before des hasler came along
mbye is one of these, he looked brilliant when he first started then he had to play des's way
watch when reynolds goes to the tigers he'll push for origin again and kasiano the best forward in the comp

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes mbye is not a 7 thats for sure , was watching highlight reel for Steve mortimer on youtube now there was a number 7 he had it all demanded the ball he ran the team he organised everything was one of the best cover defenders I have ever seen . mbye doesn't do this he plays in the position he is told too . my thoughts he would be a better 9 I might be wrong.but I don't feel sorry for him 750 k will ease his pain
Now your talking, Steve Mortimer 100% the greatest halfback of all time should be an immortal.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you think Mybe is coached to:-

1. Stand flat footed and throw hospital passes.
2. Kick shit in general play.
3. Constantly kick the ball desd when we are in an attacking position.
4. Go missing in games.
5. Give the team zero direction around the grounds.
6. Do 25 meter "short drop out" straight onto the chest of the oposition winger.

He wanted the halfback position.
Told the media last season he was controlling the play (what a joke).

He has been the biggest dud signing for the club, perhaps ever.

Nice young bloke, but a shit halfback.
Still not as big a dud as Tony Williams!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Still not as big a dud as Tony Williams!
Williams was a massive dud. That is for sure.
Matter of opinion I thomk
But who has haf the bigger adverse impact on the team do you think?

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The guys who see Mbyes potential are the same guys who seen Tony Williams potential.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think people are being a bit harsh on Mbye. He is a magnificent athlete, but a very poor footballer. He lacks creativity, and he is not suited to the halves.
The administration (Hasler) is totally at fault for playing him in a position in which he is incapable of performing at a top level.
He must be placed where he can utilise his best attributes. He is a good defender, and he has plenty of speed.
He must be given a chance at fullback or in the centres. I believe that his career will be destroyed if Hasler continually places him in a position which is beyond him.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How long exactly will it take the genius Des Hasler to figure out the fact that Mbye ain't a half?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slow service from dummy half is cutting down his decision time. I think you would see a much better player if he was feeding off a quality hooker.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How long exactly will it take the genius Des Hasler to figure out the fact that Mbye ain't a half?
Well you would think that a genius would have worked it out by now. All the fans can see it, that's for sure, but the coach is too stubborn to believe evidence that contradicts his theories.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know what happened to Moses the savior, captain coach of the Noosa pirates?
Hasler knows he has a bit and is hoping he comes good, but when, he's gotta be lacking in confidence, needs to look and read the defense then calculate under pressure the best way to go.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No matter how much money he's being paid, I think everybody including Mbye knows that Mbye isn't a half back.

But of course there's always one person who disagrees with the majority opinion; and unfortunately in our case its Des Hasler.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter how much money he's being paid, I think everybody including Mbye knows that Mbye isn't a half back.

But of course there's always one person who disagrees with the majority opinion; and unfortunately in our case its Des Hasler.
The person that really matters..

Status
Not open for further replies.