Rumour Dodd

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Ilias is signed with Anasta? Anasta definitely been backing the Dogs as of late so something might be brewing.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pure speculations...
Like they said we have Sexton Hutchison Taaffe BBO and the brightest young sevens in the game in Woods and Conti, why would we go for an NRL unproven and expensive English halfback ?
Props are what's urgently needed now !
I ask, what are the possibilities of swapping one of our halves for one of the Canberra props ? :mask:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pure speculations...
Like they said we have Sexton Hutchison Taaffe BBO and the brightest young sevens in the game in Woods and Conti, why would we go for an NRL unproven and expensive English halfback ?
Props are what's urgently needed now !
I ask, what are the possibilities of swapping one of our halves for one of the Canberra props ? :mask:
What about young Joseph O'Neill

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If gus can sign illias mid year (regardless of busted leg) and then trade sexton for mooney he is a god.
He gone for 12 months. So you want to release a healthy half and sign one to rehab.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ilias is recovering from a serious leg injury it wouldn't make sense for any club to make a play for him right now.
We are in a great place with many great young players in the lower grades coming through. We should hopefully be promoting within based on Gus' comments online

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His own fans reckon Mbye was on upgrade on Dodd... smacks of desperation from Souffs, if true. The slide into cellar dwelling is greased by panicked decision making...
Not a shining compliment to Dodd is it. I guess I still mostly judge Mbye from his time with us. The sad thing back then was that his natural athletic ability meant he could've been incredible, if not in the halves, but in the centres potentially fullback. But he just never seemed to do much unless the opportunity tripped over him where he was spectating. I haven't watched him play in many many years. So he might actually get involved these days.

Ilias is recovering from a serious leg injury it wouldn't make sense for any club to make a play for him right now.
We are in a great place with many great young players in the lower grades coming through. We should hopefully be promoting within based on Gus' comments online
Halves are rare enough that if someone has an aging 7 nearing the end of their career it might be a decent long term decision. But I'd guess Souths will keep Ilias round for backup. They might have guns coming through that'll be NRL ready next year. But tossing a young 7 with potential away is a bad move IMO.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ilias is very average. I don't think he's a FG half. Sexton is better as a backup for now and O'Neill will be way better than the both of them.

rawmac

New Pup
Reaction score
He gone for 12 months. So you want to release a healthy half and sign one to rehab.
I have only read that it is 12 week injury which we are already a few weeks into. If it is 12 months agreed pointless to sign him now. I agree with many in that O'neills ceiling seems far higher but he needs all of next year as a halfback in NSW cup and be the best half in NSW cup to be ready. We need a half for 2 years and i see illias as an upgrade on hutch.