• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im definitely not happy.

We as a family with a mortgage, have spent over $800 this year on family membership and season pass's.

Compared to yourself, who has let the whole world know that you dont go to the games because of blah blah blah blah. Cant even fork out for a basic membership, but can fork out abuse to forum members who disagree with the direction of the $1.2m + supercoach.

Mind you supercoach warrants all the criticism dished out, as the performance of the last few years speak for itself. Its a performance based business and supercoach is on the big bucks.

You think the major banks would keep their highly ranked staff after a loss year in year out? How much $$ have the Canterbury Bulldogs pissed up the wall, satisfying Des Hasler's requests for state of the art facilities, technologies, staff, wrestling shoes, etc????

Where in God's name is the return in our investment? 0 premierships and to top it off a junior system and junior talent pool so bad, we are paying other clubs ridiculous money for their "hopefull one day superstar talents" to come over and play reserve grade for the dogs.

You have constantly bagged the shit out of Raelene Castle and Josh Reynolds, yet when someone mentions "supercoach" you get your panties all tangled up and dish out the Kim Jong Un banning wand.

Greenburg got the dogs out of the slumps.

Raelene negotiated a cracker of a deal with KIA.

Des has destroyed our junior base and first grade squad, while pissing all that money up the wall and the only return, is the one under the Bank Account name of Desmond Hasler.

I will be a dogs supporter in the year 2050, my children will be dogs supporters in the year 2100, my grandchildren will be dogs supporters in 2150, Des and his offspring will be nothing but Manly, and you, Mr Invisible will still not be a bulldogs member in 2020, so dont tell me how to support my club
Ouch

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We had this poll and a bunch of threads about it during the offseason. You think 1 match will make a difference?. U knew the response u were going to get before u posted.

Im going to start a Des super thread and merge all Des content into it if we keep getting so many threads about the same thing

Even if we had won by 50, i dont think 1 match would have everybody in here suddenly calling to extend Des another 3 years, do you?

Im not a des fan myself but seriously....

Last edited:

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
IT DOESNT MATTER IF THE DECOY DARREN LOCKYER BACKLINE PLAY IS EFFECTIVE OR NOT ITS STILL BORING AND EVERY COACH RUNS IT

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im definitely not happy.

We as a family with a mortgage, have spent over $800 this year on family membership and season pass's.

Compared to yourself, who has let the whole world know that you dont go to the games because of blah blah blah blah. Cant even fork out for a basic membership, but can fork out abuse to forum members who disagree with the direction of the $1.2m + supercoach.

Mind you supercoach warrants all the criticism dished out, as the performance of the last few years speak for itself. Its a performance based business and supercoach is on the big bucks.

You think the major banks would keep their highly ranked staff after a loss year in year out? How much $$ have the Canterbury Bulldogs pissed up the wall, satisfying Des Hasler's requests for state of the art facilities, technologies, staff, wrestling shoes, etc????

Where in God's name is the return in our investment? 0 premierships and to top it off a junior system and junior talent pool so bad, we are paying other clubs ridiculous money for their "hopefull one day superstar talents" to come over and play reserve grade for the dogs.

You have constantly bagged the shit out of Raelene Castle and Josh Reynolds, yet when someone mentions "supercoach" you get your panties all tangled up and dish out the Kim Jong Un banning wand.

Des has destroyed our junior base and first grade squad, while pissing all that money up the wall and the only return, is the one under the Bank Account name of Desmond Hasler.

I will be a dogs supporter in the year 2050, my children will be dogs supporters in the year 2100, my grandchildren will be dogs supporters in 2150, Des and his offspring will be nothing but Manly, and you, Mr Invisible will still not be a bulldogs member in 2020, so dont tell me how to support my club
this came straight from the heart. bravo!

*stands up and applauds*

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dymock has been assistant for a long time. If he hasnt been able to give his input yet to the style of footy Bulldogs play then it's time for him to go to. Haven't seen a decent kick on last tackle for 10 years I reckon. If they learn to grubber kick then the team would be so much better.

Reactions: DT

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I admire your tenacity, and your clever thread title.

I tried to keep it as neutral as possible and if you noticed I didnt make it into a whinging post about Des.

I have left it to the fans to decide based on what they saw in the first game and also take into account what we were promised in the off season and how we have played/ coached in the last 5 years.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We had this poll and a bunch of threads about it during the offseason. You think 1 match will make a difference?. U knew the response u were going to get before u posted.

Im going to start a Des super thread and merge all Des content into it if we keep getting so many threads about the same thing

Even if we had won by 50, i dont think 1 match would have everybody in here suddenly calling to extend Des another 3 years, do you?

Im not a des fan myself but seriously....

Not sure if you have been reading the posts from the "whingers", but it is not just about us losing games but HOW we keep losing it the same way.

Us fans were promised by the club and the imposter coach that things will change and IMPROVE... what we saw ...or atleast what i saw wasnt the change which was promised. I saw same dumb boring style of footy , same clueless attack, same 5th tackle options, same atrocious kicking game and same getting owned in defence. You only listen to fox commentators to find out how clumsy our attack was and has been for last 5 years.
I will happily have the egg on my face IF things change , I highly doubt it cos good coaches usually make changes in off season not when the season has already started. this is the reason why I made the poll so people can see who voted for what.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dymock has been assistant for a long time. If he hasnt been able to give his input yet to the style of footy Bulldogs play then it's time for him to go to. Haven't seen a decent kick on last tackle for 10 years I reckon. If they learn to grubber kick then the team would be so much better.

again What is Des getting paid over a million bucks a year for?

Is he sleeping on the wheel?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can I vote in 8 weeks time?

Right now, I'm undecided

My biggest issue with him is he is stubborn

He won't alter things when they not working

But that being said

Whilst we didn't get a win this week
I did see some changes in our play that I liked

In a dry game with bit better execution I'd say we will see better results

At the moment, I want Des to stay

But if players can't execute the plays then I want more played movement in the market this season

you can vote on the last game of the season if you want. lol

but the question is do you want to see him gone based on what you saw in the first game, considering the changes we were promised and if we have continued to play the same way as previous years.

Keep in mind Moore was sacked only 1.5 years after winning the rookie coach of the year, mid way through the season.

why not Des, who has been given 4 years to improve on his flaws and improve the team?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
you can vote on the last game of the season if you want. lol

but the question is do you want to see him gone based on what you saw in the first game, considering the changes we were promised and if we have continued to play the same way as previous years.

Keep in mind Moore was sacked only 1.5 years after winning the rookie coach of the year, mid way through the season.

why not Des, who has been given 4 years to improve on his flaws and improve the team?
Cheers mate
Based on that game
No I don't want him sacked

But in saying that
I didn't like some things I saw
And I expect Des to change

First is our kick offs
Not going deep enough
Giving away 30m on a kick off got us on the back foot early

The storm out enthused us early

Typical Bulldogs not turning up at belmore yet again

But after that early bullshit, I liked what I saw

The weather didn't help for a comback and storm pretected the leed

I'll have a more firm opinion after next week I think
If we get a dry game
And perform like that again, my perception will change again

Such is the highs and lows of a season

But I'll hold my judgment for about 8 weeks

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers mate
Based on that game
No I don't want him sacked

But in saying that
I didn't like some things I saw
And I expect Des to change

First is our kick offs
Not going deep enough
Giving away 30m on a kick off got us on the back foot early

The storm out enthused us early

Typical Bulldogs not turning up at belmore yet again

But after that early bullshit, I liked what I saw

The weather didn't help for a comback and storm pretected the leed

I'll have a more firm opinion after next week I think
If we get a dry game
And perform like that again, my perception will change again

Such is the highs and lows of a season

But I'll hold my judgment for about 8 weeks

yeah righto, wet weather footy is not an excuse really as the other team had to play in the same condition too. Also they were minus bromwich who went down early in the game, Haris and Slater.

we were at our fortress (not any more to be honest), we were at full strength and had enough ball to beat storm twice, yet we couldnt score more than 1 try.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah righto, wet weather footy is not an excuse really as the other team had to play in the same condition too. Also they were minus bromwich who went down early in the game, Haris and Slater.

we were at our fortress (not any more to be honest), we were at full strength and had enough ball to beat storm twice, yet we couldnt score more than 1 try.
Yeah true
Storm played in same conditions as us
But
They got early points
On the back of a more intense start
And our tactic of silly shortish kick offs that game away early position and kept storm on from foot early

But, the conditions suited them to play safe and protect the win
Hence why they didn't score anymore points

And the conditions made it very hard for us to get the points

Honestly mate
Don't read to much out of that game
Trust me

That game has answered no questions
I'm really interested in how things go next week

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If u think he's got any bit of say in the team let alone in the kicking department then that says alot about you.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Records aside, he's managed our cap poorly and that's enough for me to want him gone. If he leaves us he will succeed elsewhere, he's dug a deep hole with us and I expect a Bennett style departure sometime in the near future.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Records aside, he's managed our cap poorly and that's enough for me to want him gone. If he leaves us he will succeed elsewhere, he's dug a deep hole with us and I expect a Bennett style departure sometime in the near future.

mate he is doing to us what he did at Manly minus the premierships and smart coaching.

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When u see set plays with no support play, very bad kicking game,poor ball passing and list goes on u got to blame the person orchestrating them not the rain, this team plays what they are trained to,dogs need a modern coach thats not scared to do a cleanout

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Im definitely not happy.

So there Mr I, put that in ya pipe and smoke it!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if you have been reading the posts from the "whingers", but it is not just about us losing games but HOW we keep losing it the same way.

Us fans were promised by the club and the imposter coach that things will change and IMPROVE... what we saw ...or atleast what i saw wasnt the change which was promised. I saw same dumb boring style of footy , same clueless attack, same 5th tackle options, same atrocious kicking game and same getting owned in defence. You only listen to fox commentators to find out how clumsy our attack was and has been for last 5 years.
I will happily have the egg on my face IF things change , I highly doubt it cos good coaches usually make changes in off season not when the season has already started. this is the reason why I made the poll so people can see who voted for what.
If you listen (and believe in) the Fox commentators you will end up hating the dogs.

I am not saying your opinion is wrong, its more that its all we talked about all offseason, so do you really think 1 match back into the new season its time to ask the question AGAIN. I dont think so. As i said, if we had won by 50 everyone in here would be "we need to see more" before we would want Des kept. And of course in the case of a loss, that isnt going to want ppl to want to keep him either.

You thread was never going to get a different opinion out of people than what we have discussed to death for the last 6 months. Its getting boring tbh. Pretty sure its been polled before too.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
If you listen (and believe in) the Fox commentators you will end up hating the dogs.

I am not saying your opinion is wrong, its more that its all we talked about all offseason, so do you really think 1 match back into the new season its time to ask the question AGAIN. I dont think so. As i said, if we had won by 50 everyone in here would be "we need to see more" before we would want Des kept. And of course in the case of a loss, that isnt going to want ppl to want to keep him either.

You thread was never going to get a different opinion out of people than what we have discussed to death for the last 6 months. Its getting boring tbh. Pretty sure its been polled before too.
What's getting boring is you not understanding people's opinions, or maybe just not wanting to. It's not about winning and it's not about losing! It's about wanting to enjoy rugby league again. It's about wanting to go to a game where it's worth watching. If you are pleased and having wet dreams about the current football being played, or the way the club is being run, good on you. Just don't expect people to have the same view as yours. If you are happy with how everything is working out for us, well good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.