Do you remember these companies?

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I still remember Big Rooster and I think it was better than Red Rooster.
Are they not the same? "Myer (later part of Coles Myer) purchased the business in 1981. In 1986, Coles Myer bought the Big Rooster chain to expand into the eastern states (except non-Steggles' Queensland stores, formerly known as "Big Rooster", which were purchased in 1992), and renamed the stores "Red Rooster".

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they not the same? "Myer (later part of Coles Myer) purchased the business in 1981. In 1986, Coles Myer bought the Big Rooster chain to expand into the eastern states (except non-Steggles' Queensland stores, formerly known as "Big Rooster", which were purchased in 1992), and renamed the stores "Red Rooster".
Mate from what I remember as it was a long time ago, the flavour of the chicken was stronger. Not a huge difference but definitely different. My family used to go fishing, and at the end of the day we would go to Big Rooster.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
They probably stopped using MSG in the seasoning!! (when Coles Myer took over) Funny how things get a bad rap.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They probably stopped using MSG in the seasoning!! (when Coles Myer took over) Funny how things get a bad rap.
Mate you could be right. But it sure tasted good, did you every eat there?

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate you could be right. But it sure tasted good, did you every eat there?
Don't quote me, I think I've had it but can't for the life of me remember where. I distinctly remember the building, I think it was down Woodville Rd somehwere? I used to get the warm chicken roll, and they would put all the nice white meat on the top of the roll and all the crappy bits down the bottom.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
4107119471_2beba04c5d_b.jpg
1440bf7d-36e7-42a4-a.jpg
986_cgjuy1.jpg

Moran & Cato stores. One of my grandfather's brothers owned one of these shops, I think around Padstow (or nearby) from memory.