Do you believe in Karma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
North Queensland Cowboys playmaker Robert Lui injures knee in training mishap

North Queensland Cowboys star playmaker Robert Lui suffered a potentially serious knee injury at training on Friday morning.

While management are confident the 21-year-old has not suffered a season-ending ACL tear to his right knee, he is still likely to spend a substantial period on the sidelines.

He will undergo scans to confirm the extent of the damage on Saturday.

"Robert will have scans tomorrow. We should have the results on Monday following consultation between our doctor and medical staff," Cowboys general manger of football, Peter Parr said in a statement released on Friday afternoon.

"We are confident it’s not a serious injury and cannot comment or speculate any further until we have the scan results."

The incident happened as the Cowboys went through an opposed contact drill.

With Lui’s team attacking close to the line the halfback received the ball first off the ruck and ran at the tryline.

Back rower Gavin Cooper came over the top in the tackle, with Johnathan Thurston finishing over the top before Lui could be heard to scream in distress.

He was immediately taken to the sideline where he appeared in significant pain before being helped to the treatment room by assistant coaches Peter Ryan and Terry Matterson.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-training-mishap/story-fn2mcuj6-1226255233773

Could have happened to much nicer blokes, just sayin...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if karma exists then explain how i got a really sore neck this weekend?

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
for being a creep and spying on the hot chick next door through a crack in the fence which required twisting of the head for an extended period of time?

sorry, lol it was the only thing I could think of...

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
nar personally I don't (believe in karma) if it was karma it would definitely be an ACL tear

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
no ive actually been a good guy so far this year, so that proves karma is not real

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
no ive actually been a good guy so far this year, so that proves karma is not real
bad things happen to good people

so do whatever the fudge you want (or can get away with) ??

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
bad things happen to good people
oh yeah thats absolutely true, for example jesus, herbie the love bug when they put him in a junk yard, batman when he almost got eaten by a shark and jack from titanic when that rich b!tch wouldnt even share the floating debris

i reckon i might actually look into becoming a bad boy :sleepy:

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorta...Karma affects people who believe in Karma

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a force known as karma, which is the basis of it's use in a religious sense (I think), but simple logic would tell you that if you piss someone off, they will get you back (or try to).

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Karma isn't real then please explain the whole "My name is Earl" show.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a force known as karma, which is the basis of it's use in a religious sense (I think), but simple logic would tell you that if you piss someone off, they will get you back (or try to).
lol this is so true

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
If Karma isn't real then please explain the whole "My name is Earl" show.
again fiction. if your are going to make am encouraging case at least use real life examples :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
again fiction. if your are going to make am encouraging case at least use real life examples :grinning:
It's hard to make a case for or against Karma with facts because all people have both good and bad events happen to them regardless of how good or bad a person they are. In terms of relationships though if you treat people well then logically the majority of those you know will treat you well also. I've found with people in my life that some people only try to communicate with me when they want something and i don't give them any of my time anymore. Most of my good friends these days are people who might ask for favors but generally they will talk to you at other times when they don't want a favor. Maybe it's not exactly Karma i'm talking about but i think this is the closest thing to Karma that can be found.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
It's hard to make a case for or against Karma with facts because all people have both good and bad events happen to them regardless of how good or bad a person they are. In terms of relationships though if you treat people well then logically the majority of those you know will treat you well also. I've found with people in my life that some people only try to communicate with me when they want something and i don't give them any of my time anymore. Most of my good friends these days are people who might ask for favors but generally they will talk to you at other times when they don't want a favor. Maybe it's not exactly Karma i'm talking about but i think this is the closest thing to Karma that can be found.
Amen.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I believe if you give out positive vibes to 'people'... you get positive vibes back most of the time.

That being said ... expecting life to treat you fairly because you're a nice person, is a bit like asking a bull not to charge at you because you're a vegetarian !

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol i reckon they should openly eat some beef products in the moments leading up to the running of the bulls to ensure a memorable event

those bulls would be pissed

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I believe if you give out positive vibes to 'people'... you get positive vibes back most of the time.

That being said ... expecting life to treat you fairly because you're a nice person, is a bit like asking a bull not to charge at you because you're a vegetarian !
lol nice is such a dirty word these days. I think it has connotations that suggest 'hey, I'm nice so you can take advantage of my good nature and I won't do anything about it'.

IMO vibes only last so long though, when people get to know you it counts to be a 'nice', caring a thoughtful person if you are genuine about developing a relationship (friendship/romantic whatever) with someone. You just have to determine if the person is worth it.

to me vibes are just the initial attraction but it's how someone reacts in different circumstances that truly gives you character insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.