Do we have any up and coming stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des doesn't want stars, he wants robots. Think of the players who we have released since that virus came here. I am now certain that any player who had "instincts" has been shown the door to allow players who will only play Desball. Sezer, Carter, Templeman, Finucane, who else guys......
Sezer signed with GC before Hasler came. Templeman has not been seen since he left us.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Too soon to be asking. I've seen tones of kids get raved about here being labelled a stud etc then in a couple of yrs they're playing in England or park footy

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Templeman plays 6 for Wynnum-Manly. Was the QLD Cup POTY last year from memory.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If the Bulldogs do have any future superstars in the making, I'm sure they will blow it and allow any player/s with promise to sign with another club?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My sons coming along good. He already has a better kicking game than our current halves. I'm going to work on his tackling technique a bit when he turns 3. I also make sure that he doesn't watch any dogs games because I don't want the current playing style to rub off on him and destroy his creativity. Another 15 years and we should have a better grasp on where he is at.
Thanks for that dekepefc. A beaut broadside of satirical humour to break through the depressive reality of Dessie Hasbeen.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For me:
Luis Strickland - Big mobile lump of a lad. Hits hard and breaks the line. Kasiano like offloads.
Reimis Smith - Had a taste of NRL, and will only get better with time.
Lachlan Lewis - Showing signs of ability and has sparked the NYC team since arriving a few weeks ago.
Marcelo Montoya (F1) - serious speedster and big tall winger.

Will Kerr gets hyped a lot, but I reckon he could well end up another Guy Hamilton/Patrick Templeman (over hyped and under delivers). Time will tell.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly i would say no. I don't know what the hell has gone wrong. In the early noughties we had Braith Anasta, Willie Mason, Roy Asotasi, Matt Utai, Jonathan Thurston, Ben Harris, Rocky Elsom and Sonny Bill Williams all come through the lower grades in just a few years. We are clearly not the place for young talent anymore. I don't think we will be producing generational players like JT and SBW again any time soon. And yet Noel Cleal keeps his job.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Keighran boys were always hyped coming through the ranks. And both played Australian school boys coming through (not sure but one of the boys may have captained the team?)

Anyways will Kerr was always considered a better prospect then Adam. But it seems Adam outperformed him in the last 12-18 months.

Still too young to see if they will be anything special but it seems Adam ticked all the junior rep boxes so far.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Halfback. Still young though. Not even in U20s yet but everyone I've spoken to says he's a future superstar
We've got him playing at hooker the last 12 months!
I think at the awards night he got hooker of the year.
I hope he gets back to halfback!
He is very small..

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if we have good youngsters coming through if we never give them a chance to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.