Do we get cooper Cronk or Kieran Foran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Foran will not be coming to the dogs.

0.00000% chance. He had his chance last time and backed off when clauses were put into his contract.

The club drew a line through his name and he is blacklisted at the dogs.

As far as recruitment goes, Hoppa and Lichaa definitely wont be re-signed, and it's touch and go with Reynolds (all comes down to the contract figure)

Woods has been signed and there is a half who is high on the agenda, and it aint Cronk or Moses ;)
I don't know you or if your information is good, but I really hope it is....especially relating to Foran

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know you or if your information is good, but I really hope it is....especially relating to Foran
Back in Oct last year he said Graham wouldnt be captain in 2017 and Des has signed with dragons.....

Not doubting him as i know things change but hmmmm

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I did read those comments. I don't care what sort of spin the CEO of the club he's currently playing for puts on it and if you take everything a CEO says on an issue like this as gospel, you're foolish to be honest. Doyle is hardly going to admit his player is in the shit or still being investigated. Even if the investigation was over it would not prove Foran's innocence, it would only show that the cops didn't find proof to prosecute. The fact is Foran has been questioned reportedly and continuously, had his phone confiscated several times (and cops don't do that unless they think a person is connected or knows something) should be red flags to anyone with even a shred of common sense IMO. Talking about signing Foran is just sheer, unadulterated madness IMHO. Whether any action is taken against Foran or not, he seems to be a troubled individual and way too much of a basketcase to be a solid and reliable option to take our club forward.

People who say he's a long term option also conveniently forget he didn't last a season at Parra after signing a very lucrative contract to play under a coach he really wanted to play for.

If you want to gamble on Foran, you're reckless IMO. If you were a professional footy player, the cops would probably take your phone if you're so into gambling you want our club to take a punt on Foran.
I'm pointing out you didn't want to dig the article up because it didn't support your comments about his phone being taken. The nrl wouldn't of cleared him to play if there was anything on him or a pending investigation. I get your opinion and view but stick to facts. The eels situation is a bit hard as he joined with clauses re the board being stable etc and what happens they get done cheating the cap... he was never in any issues or trouble at least in the publics eye at manly for the majority of his career. Enough to say he can be stable
And on field he is an elite player

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm pointing out you didn't want to dig the article up because it didn't support your comments about his phone being taken. The nrl wouldn't of cleared him to play if there was anything on him or a pending investigation. I get your opinion and view but stick to facts. The eels situation is a bit hard as he joined with clauses re the board being stable etc and what happens they get done cheating the cap... he was never in any issues or trouble at least in the publics eye at manly for the majority of his career. Enough to say he can be stable
And on field he is an elite player
I wasn't avoiding digging up the article, I just didn't find it relevant. It doesn not in any way refute my concerns. CEOs talk shit and sweep things under the carpet to protect contracted talent all the time. You're asking me to stick to facts, but really the only fact that matters to me is the cops have still been talking to Foran and confiscated his phone as recently as this week. Have the police said they are done in terms of their interest in and even potential suspicion of Foran? No. So Doyle's word as the CEO of the club that signed him while so many questions were hanging over his head in the first place means nothing to me and does not impact my opinion on the situation in the slightest.

The NRL would have had serious legal issues if it had refused to register Foran when nothing has yet been proven. He has a rich and powerful family. The fact he is registered is not proof he is squeaky clean.

Do I have proof he's a match fixer? Absolutely not. But the questions surrounding him, apparent continued police interest in him, his proven associations to dodgy figures and the way he screwed over Parra and the inside mail going around that he refused to pass muster or give certain assurances/ guarantees when he last fronted our board last year are enough for me to form the firm and fixed opinion that he isn't worth the gamble.

You're entitled to your opinion, but personally I think for us to even consider making him another offer would be absolutely nuts.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Luke Walsh > Foran. People who want Foran are insane or stupid IMO. It is the direct opposite of a sensible idea. Signing Foran would be a real gamble. If wer signed him it would be interesting to see what odds his mate Hayson would give on him lasting out the season. I wouldn't put money on it if he signs.

I just don't get this push to sign Foran. It is quite simply batshit crazy.
Take the off field stuff away from foran he is a top 3 half. Its what he brings on the field and what we lack that i care about. I dont mind being called stupid , been called worse.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wasn't avoiding digging up the article, I just didn't find it relevant. It doesn not in any way refute my concerns. CEOs talk shit and sweep things under the carpet to protect contracted talent all the time. You're asking me to stick to facts, but really the only fact that matters to me is the cops have still been talking to Foran and confiscated his phone as recently as this week. Have the police said they are done in terms of their interest in and even potential suspicion of Foran? No. So Doyle's word as the CEO of the club that signed him while so many questions were hanging over his head in the first place means nothing to me and does not impact my opinion on the situation in the slightest.

The NRL would have had serious legal issues if it had refused to register Foran when nothing has yet been proven. He has a rich and powerful family. The fact he is registered is not proof he is squeaky clean.

Do I have proof he's a match fixer? Absolutely not. But the questions surrounding him, apparent continued police interest in him, his proven associations to dodgy figures and the way he screwed over Parra and the inside mail going around that he refused to pass muster or give certain assurances/ guarantees when he last fronted our board last year are enough for me to form the firm and fixed opinion that he isn't worth the gamble.

You're entitled to your opinion, but personally I think for us to even consider making him another offer would be absolutely nuts.
That's fine your entitled to your opinion. I was simply stating facts. They also returned his phone with an apology and nothing on it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Take the off field stuff away from foran he is a top 3 half. Its what he brings on the field and what we lack that i care about. I dont mind being called stupid , been called worse.
I'm not calling you stupid.... but I think it's stupid you want to sign Foran...100 percent. Sometimes people to and want stupid things out of pure desperation I suppose.

I don't care how good he is on field. That's not the whole picture when a player has been linked to seedy gambling figures and has allegations of match fixing hanging over his head.

Signing Foran would be the worst thing this club could possibly do.

In all honesty I think you guys are dreaming anyway. Des wouldn't be guarabteeongvprenierships to the media if he were thinking of bringing over a player as unreliable and mentally fragile as Foran.

I think a line has been drawn through Foran's name and he has burned all his bridges here now. I don't think he'll ever wear blue and white. And I really hope that's not just wishful thinking.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's fine your entitled to your opinion. I was simply stating facts. They also returned his phone with an apology and nothing on it.
Just because they didn't find anything doesn't mean there's nothing in it. The murmurs are too strong and police interest has been too strong for there not to be something in this imo. Where there is smoke there is fire mate and there is a very thick and noxious smoke wafting around Forsn st the moment.

Not even remotely worth the risk. Our club gave him a chance last year. Des really wanted him. He couldn't get his shit together.

Hopefully our club has given up the ghost and in time you will too. He's not our answer.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When it comes to intelligence and common sense; somebody who misspells your/ you're (probably due to a brain fade and not actually because he doesn't know how to spell it) > someone who thinks signing Foran would be anything but a stupid, counter productive signing for this club.
Are you related to #1 Bulldog? are you both related by inbreeding?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With all these good players off contract if there was a market id put money on the bulldogs signing NO ONE!!
Thats how shit our management is..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Are you related to #1 Bulldog? are you both related by inbreeding?
Yes. I am related to #1 Bulldog through inbreeding. Good one Qld Dog! I've dropped turds that are wittier than you buddy!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just because they didn't find anything doesn't mean there's nothing in it. The murmurs are too strong and police interest has been too strong for there not to be something in this imo. Where there is smoke there is fire mate and there is a very thick and noxious smoke wafting around Forsn st the moment.

Not even remotely worth the risk. Our club gave him a chance last year. Des really wanted him. He couldn't get his shit together.

Hopefully our club has given up the ghost and in time you will too. He's not our answer.
You say that I say innocent until proven guilty

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You say that I say innocent until proven guilty
In a court of law, I'd agree with you.....but I just don't want to hang the hopes of my beloved footy team on someone who seems so unreliable and fragile mate.

Anyway, at the end of the day, our opinions won't make the decision one way or the other. Just gotta see what unfolds I guess. But I'm far from a fan of the idea of signing him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In a court of law, I'd agree with you.....but I just don't want to hang the hopes of my beloved footy team on someone who seems so unreliable and fragile mate.

Anyway, at the end of the day, our opinions won't make the decision one way or the other. Just gotta see what unfolds I guess. But I'm far from a fan of the idea of signing him.
Again entitled to your opinion. Disagree and wouldn't call a bloke who's played in the nrl with no issues on field at manly for so long fragile either. Agree our opinions make no difference either haha.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Again entitled to your opinion. Disagree and wouldn't call a bloke who's played in the nrl with no issues at manly fragile either.
I disagree. He signed a lucrative contract, allowed Parra to hang its hopes on him, gave interviews about how good the move would be for him and didn't last out one season. If that's not mental fragility, nothing is.

Foran fronted our board and had a chance to convince them his head was screwed on last year. I don't think he convinced anyone.

But yeah agree to disagree and respect the differences I guess

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I disagree. He signed a lucrative contract, allowed Parra to hang its hopes on him, gave interviews about how good the move would be for him and didn't last out one season. If that's not mental fragility, nothing is.

Foran fronted our board and had a chance to convince them his head was screwed on last year. I don't think he convinced anyone.

But yeah agree to disagree and respect the differences I guess
Again half facts from you with it, he also didn't know Parra was cheating the cap. Half the good guys got the boot, was dominating with them
Up until that.... he wanted out, he had clauses of getting out of the board fucked up and still to be paid which they insisted removed (obvious now when they are done cheating) throw in choc being tapped on the shoulder I'd say it's fair to see why he wanted out. Throw in again the crap with his x misses most blokes who go through separation want some time off work. Let alone the fact parra actually rushed him back on field from his injury and he got hurt because it wasn't even bloody recovered. Though again I prefer the whole picture

Last edited:

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I don't understand why all the papers have declared us favourites or even in the race to sign Cronk or any big name for that matter.

Fact is we haven't landed anyone of note in a very long time. My understanding is that there are some heavily back ended contracts coming to fruition in 2018 and 2019. Where the hell we going to get the money?

Now I myself struggle to see why we are paying some of these blokes in our team so much but the management has put us in this position.

I would not be at all surprised if we land nobody, even though we are all going around little kids in a candy store taking our pick!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Again half facts from you with it, he also didn't know Parra was cheating the cap. Half the good guys got the boot, was dominating with them
Up until that.... he wanted out, he had clauses of getting out of the board fucked up and still to be paid which they insisted removed (obvious now when they are done cheating) throw in choc being tapped on the shoulder I'd say it's fair to see why he wanted out
You have an active imagination. You should write fiction. Whatever he felt about the club, his persona; issues are well documented....as is the fact he fronted our board last year....

Cronk didn't know Melbourne was cheating the cap, but he stiuck around anyway, because he has integrity, is not the type to let his teammates down and doesn't carry Foran's kind of baggage.

I don't believe for a second that Foran's disappearing act last year had anything to do with the cap breach. Cap breach or not, if you sign on as captain you show professionalism.

If Foran has serious mental issues I do feel for him, but no fucking way should he be allowed to rebuild himself here. We've suffered enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.