Do petrol prices make mustang owners eyes water?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todays petrol prices seem a little ridiculous, seem to be around $2.50 for premium 98 and not letting up..

They trying to push people into electric rubbish cars holding out on these prices?

Are mustang owners eyes burning with the cost of running a v8, they can’t give it a full throttle run as it’s too expensive to do so.. gotta drive like a fairy

How are you responding to petrol prices? Going soft by getting an EV? Driving a smaller vehicle when you can or who cars, do a big burnout in your mustang / V8 and pay for it?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Todays petrol prices seem a little ridiculous, seem to be around $2.50 for premium 98 and not letting up..

They trying to push people into electric rubbish cars holding out on these prices?

Are mustang owners eyes burning with the cost of running a v8, they can’t give it a full throttle run as it’s too expensive to do so.. gotta drive like a fairy

How are you responding to petrol prices? Going soft by getting an EV? Driving a smaller vehicle when you can or who cars, do a big burnout in your mustang / V8 and pay for it?
When you consider the price per barrel, it's almost criminal how much they are charging per litre. There are some factors that effect this though and they'll all blame the ongoing war in Ukraine and Middle East as factors.

Anyway thankfully I'm a JDM nut and the prices on running JDM cars are considerably lower than the other cars out there.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I paid $2.16 for Pump 98 this morning.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Mustangs are an insult to V8s

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
$2.50 a litre just to be stuck in heavy traffic?

In peak hour I can get around quicker on foot.
Stanley Street and Stacey Street are always clogged up before 9am and from 2pm-6pm.

It really makes no sense to own a car if you live around Bankstown and stay mostly at Bankstown!

If you live at Condell Park and Georges hall then you will need a car to get to Bankstown.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Teach the Middle East missile strikes blowing each others children up is the wrong solution so we can fuel our holdens

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$2.50 a litre just to be stuck in heavy traffic?

In peak hour I can get around quicker on foot.
Stanley Street and Stacey Street are always clogged up before 9am and from 2pm-6pm.

It really makes no sense to own a car if you live around Bankstown and stay mostly at Bankstown!

If you live at Condell Park and Georges hall then you will need a car to get to Bankstown.
Yeah, the traffic around Sydney is a killer and a huge turn off for me these days.

I got rid of my fuel efficient manual Astra afew years back as it was laborious to clutch 1000 times getting from one side of town to the other.

Even with my current cars, the auto stop-start might save some fuel in traffic but the constant acceleration followed by braking every 10m in peak traffic results in burning through fuel and brakes much quicker than ever before.

This traffic and desire by sydney people to live so far from where they work is ridiculous

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, the traffic around Sydney is a killer and a huge turn off for me these days.

I got rid of my fuel efficient manual Astra afew years back as it was laborious to clutch 1000 times getting from one side of town to the other.

Even with my current cars, the auto stop-start might save some fuel in traffic but the constant acceleration followed by braking every 10m in peak traffic results in burning through fuel and brakes much quicker than ever before.

This traffic and desire by sydney people to live so far from where they work is ridiculous
I agree with everything you have posted here.
It's stupid to want to pay close to 10 dollars a gallon for fuel!

The only time it's worth driving in Sydney is from 10pm-4am when everyone is in bed.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to take survey to find out how many people can afford to fill up a tank from near empty?

I'm willing to be a lot of people don't let their cars go down to a quater of a tank before filling up again?

It's no good for your fuel economy to be filling up unless your tank is near empty!

All you modern motorists are getting fucked big time!

The worst I have to put up with is those uber eats grubs with their shit chinese E bikes.

But I got great amusement last night watching a junky troll one of those grubs!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My Sti drinks more than a V8.. full tank 55l and and i only get 390-400kms out of a full tank. If i drive it hard then im lucky to get 350kms out of it..

And will never go electric.. fcuk that shit

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
V8 land cruiser uses twice as much fuel as a Mustang.
I used to have a 80s Cruiser 4.5 petrol that thing used to use 22L per 100klm in traffic brilliant offroad but I used to cry when i had to fill it up and was 10 years ago. I wish i had never sold it but i would put off driving it.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best to have V8 as hobby car not a daily driver and use the Prado D4D, i forgot when i fill that because it last months.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I fill at a premium 98 pump, with a smile on my face.
I see it as a badge of honour. I am prioritising an enjoyable engaging drive, over driving a piece of shit, uninspiring forklift to save a couple of bucks.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey BB, what if they drive an EV Mustang? Do owners feel conflicted? Just like gay lesbians?