Disparaging tweet from Bulldogs player Joel Romelo gives South Sydney Rabbitohs final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown fringe player Joel Romelo sparked a furious reaction from South Sydney supporters when he claimed on Twitter they were disliked, before reposting a disparaging joke about the Bunnies faithful.

Several people on Twitter hit back and called for Romelo to apologise, which he did.

"Sorry to all who were offended by my tweets lastnight. Im excited bout 2moz's rivalry but didnt go bout it the right way im sincerely sorry," he wrote.

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg also received a barrage of complaints and said he had reminded Romelo of his obligations when using social media.

Greenberg tweeted: "Thanks for the messages re Joel Romelo. This has now been addressed directly with Joel. The ongoing learning's of the social media landscape."

The Bulldogs face the Rabbitohs in the NRL semi-final on Saturday night, an all-Sydney match between two fierce rivals.

Halfback Romelo has played some first grade for the Bulldogs but has largely been a member of their NSW Cup side this season because of the excellent form of Kris Keating and Josh Reynolds.

Romelo won't be playing in Saturday's match.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...on/story-fn2mcuj6-1226479283898#ixzz279rbKYEs

Þo£ar ßêar ™

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm sure the Bulldogs players are happy that Joel has fired up the opposition LOL - Wabbit fans are just hypocrites anyways, they boo Des down on national TV the other night, so much so Des couldn't even hear the question and yet complain about a nothing Tweet. What a precious society Australia is becoming now.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Gus Worland can go on all week making jokes about Souffs supporters but they're pissed off with Romelo ????
I say phuck em all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
i thought he retweated it not post it himself? Apparently when burgerface throws a water bottle at the dogs army it is fine?

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cumon guys, thats not an appropriate comment to be made by one of our players.

There'd be a ****ing uprising if Crocker came out and tweeted a rape/terrorist orientated joke.

I however am not a professional footballer.

What is Inglis' favorite pre-game energy drink?

V-Max

Boom tish

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cumon guys, thats not an appropriate comment to be made by one of our players.

There'd be a ****ing uprising if Crocker came out and tweeted a rape/terrorist orientated joke.

I however am not a professional footballer.

What is Inglis' favorite pre-game energy drink?

V-Max

Boom tish
I'll raise your Boom tish with a Bazinga :couch2:

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he should not have to apologise for posting a joke! its a joke!! its what australian society does, i dont want to turn into america where you get scrutinised for asking for a black pen etc. i say some people need to grow a pair and accept a joke for a joke!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That joke is no where near as bad as the Inglis joke that was/is floating around

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It wasn't for the joke. He said F*$k Souths and re-tweeted one calling them cun$ts.

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i retweeted one of the tweets he did thought it was mad funny but i cant remember what it was lol, seemed harmless to me

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't for the joke. He said F*$k Souths and re-tweeted one calling them cun$ts.
After being abused by several Souths trolls.

Of course given the media you only get half the story if you are lucky.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I was wondering when you were going to come out in defense of Joel. Hahahaha :lol: All good Mr I.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
ppl have to learn that anything you tweet or fb or say at all online is like saying it to anyone at all, including your family, boss, or some goat herder in Kazakhstan with a smartphone. dont say stuff you wouldnt say to EVERYONE.

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Yes it was in response to some trolls. He's a professional though so he should brush it off. Even better, re-tweet it so his followers can fight back on his behalf ;)

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Joel was just giving the fans what they wanted. We were all in hysterics and praising him something severe after his comments. At least he was showing some Bulldogs pride.

Either way he handled the backlash very well, and so did Greenburg for stepping in.

Status
Not open for further replies.