Opinion Disgraceful from the club as a whole

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact that no one at the club from Top to bottom didn’t apologise for yesterday openly or on social media is a fucking disgrace
Reed was literally forced to apologise after his stupid comments otherwise there was not gonna be any apology…

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do you get from an apology? All we want from our players is to compete until we have a squad that will challenge. The last two games are the worst we have seen in regards to competing. However I really believe that yesterday was an isolated event mainly caused by a perfect storm of 3 ordinary defenders defending together. Newcastle never really threatened our left side. Once they went up by 30 and the players got booed they got spooked and couldn't recover because we have no leaders or experience in the team. I would suggest the club buy a couple of older hard heads in the shape of Finucane or the like so that the young players have someone to lean on. The team is so young.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you get from an apology? All we want from our players is to compete until we have a squad that will challenge. The last two games are the worst we have seen in regards to competing. However I really believe that yesterday was an isolated event mainly caused by a perfect storm of 3 ordinary defenders defending together. Newcastle never really threatened our left side. Once they went up by 30 and the players got booed they got spooked and couldn't recover because we have no leaders or experience in the team. I would suggest the club buy a couple of older hard heads in the shape of Finucane or the like so that the young players have someone to lean on. The team is so young.
An apology would sit a lot better than reiterating to fans that we’re heading in the right direction and that they have no right to boo and should “get off the bus” if they don’t buy-in. Did they all of a sudden somehow forget they’d just been pummelled 66 nil by a terrible team. Disgraceful reaction

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The fact that no one at the club from Top to bottom didn’t apologise for yesterday openly or on social media is a fucking disgrace
Reed was literally forced to apologise after his stupid comments otherwise there was not gonna be any apology…
Ciro did say that the booing from fans demonstrates what we expect from this club, effort and success… but I emphasise fans simply want to see effort put into that jersey for 80mins, we would never expect to see our players give up… I would expect that from Wests Tigers who don’t have a gritty identity, they are more razzle dazzle, score 30 concede 40.

The captain, coach and CEO just went about their day as per usual, like nothing happened, agree with you, could have taken a lead out of Ricky Stuart’s book who said his teams performance was unacceptable and that their fans deserved better than the performance they put on….and that was for far less of a shellacking

Last edited:

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
An apology would sit a lot better than reiterating to fans that we’re heading in the right direction and that they have no right to boo and should “get off the bus” if they don’t buy-in. Did they all of a sudden somehow forget they’d just been pummelled 66 nil by a terrible team. Disgraceful reaction
Yeah fair point. The reaction wasn't thought out. I bet they regret their words.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I would like is to see the C removed from next to Reeds name for the rest of the year. First graders not performing removed to reserve grade. One year contracts and earn to play every year. If we lose games with reserve graders playing and the 1st graders sitting down a grade it would do a lot to show that we are prepared to hit these pretenders hard. Also fining the players after 3 crap performances and then every more 3 games increase the fine. All fines go to a charity of the clubs choice. I mean if these so called professionals get upset by the fans boo’s than how the hell do they handle a coach yelling at them or them not being scared of the contact in the tackle. Enough is enough we need to stop tearing them as kids and more like the under performing sooks that they are.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An apology means the team give a shit. Fancy telling a member who pays hundreds of dollars a year they don’t have the right to boo. Seriously? The club would be NOTHING without the fans. For a coach to talk about being so connected with the local community, that comment from Reed is fucking disgusting. “Get off the bus”. Maybe he should say that to his own fucking team mates. All us fans have been going through this for 6 years. We’re on the fucking bus ****. We’re still buying merchandise, memberships. Fuck even Belmore in 2 weeks has been sold out already. Read the fucking room, we can handle losing, but not when players don’t give a flying fuck about the jersey.