Digital SLR Camera & Courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
MrI have you tried taking photos with your 7D in say 0 degree temps? Im thinking of taking it with me to canberra to take some photos, with the game finishing at 9:30 i dont think it would be colder than 0. Im just worried about condensation.

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
MrI have you tried taking photos with your 7D in say 0 degree temps? Im thinking of taking it with me to canberra to take some photos, with the game finishing at 9:30 i dont think it would be colder than 0. Im just worried about condensation.
The 7D should be weather-sealed enough to prevent that, I know photographers who regularly take it to the snow for skiing shots. I'd be more worried about condensation/water on the lens, perhaps consider taking an L lens or something that is weather-sealed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Shouldn't be an issue. Canon rate the 7D for use in temps as low as 0 degrees. The biggest danger being the mirror locking due to extreme cold. Having said this guys have taken these cameras to areas like Antarctica and places, where temps are much lower.

Just be careful with sudden change of temperatures, as that can introduce condensation, and thus potentially mould spores. To get around that if outside put the camera in a zip locked bag before taking inside.

Generally though, should be fine.

The 7D should be weather-sealed enough to prevent that, I know photographers who regularly take it to the snow for skiing shots. I'd be more worried about condensation/water on the lens, perhaps consider taking an L lens or something that is weather-sealed.
Spot on.

Keep in mind not all L series (as far as I know) are weather sealed.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
im carrying it in this bag, im presuming that should be sweet? Some people where saying put it in a plastic bag or something like that. I dont quite get that.

cheers for the info Nash and Mr I

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lowepro Flipside 200/300! Nice choice of bag (I have one too).

I use the next one up 400AW because I've run out of space in the 300 :D...

But really decent well made bags. Nicely priced too!

Should be fine.... just don't change the lens outside in really low temps.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
cool cool, i only have the one lens anyway. When i come back from europe im adding one or 2 more.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Borrowed my college's 14mm lens. awww yeeeahhhhh

Going to take a couple photos on trains during peak hour. It should turn out pretty decent. I'm also learning everything from printing to using PShop. I'm having a blast in my new course and i can't wait til i get my hands dirty in the studio and do some portfolio worthy snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.