Reaction score
Help me out here folks.
I'm trying to get my head around all the different fan 'types'

Think of your average Bulldogs fan.
Someone you know.

What makes them 'typical' ?
What traits make them identifiable ?

A few that come to mind include ...

- The 'stats' guy : Knows the history, knows the leaderboards, knows who scored when, where they did it, in what minute and who gave the assist. A virtual almanac of trivia.

- The "spontaneous Tourette's" guy : Mild mannered for the other 10,000 minutes of the week, but for the 80mins of footy they'll erupt into a torrent of swearing and abuse at the TV/official/error-maker.

- The "full kit wanker" : Team gear complete with shorts and socks. Nuff said.

- The superstitious one : They're a mix of people who follow regimented routines. Favourite seats. Particular arrival times and routes to venues. What started as a co-incidence is now a full blown psychological barrier that demands a delicate balance of 'no change'. Stay in your seat. Don't move !!! .... Or perhaps someone who simply always wears the same items, that seem to oddly accumulate over time. What started as a 'winning jersey' 10-years ago is now a full face painted ensemble complete with flags, banners, an array of clothing and car adornments.

- The "ref's fault" fan : From the 3rd minute they're yelling "He's been doing it ALL DAY REF !!!" and by the 20min mark you've heard "get 'em ONSIDE !!!" about 50 times. They'll quote you penalty counts post-match and bemoan next weeks allocation.

Any others you can think of ???

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
- The "spontaneous Tourette's" guy : Mild mannered for the other 10,000 minutes of the week, but for the 80mins of footy they'll erupt into a torrent of swearing and abuse at the TV/official/error-maker.
This is me.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Stephen Curry wants his chips back :p

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about the fan who just wants his team to be competitive and not have to put up with the constant BS.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SuperCoach: watches the game but really only cares about players in there fantasy team

The Gambler: bets on everything from total points to jersey number of 1st try scorer

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The bipolar: Talks about premiership glory at half time. Sacking half the squad by full

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The " I go to the game to watch the refs stuff up" someone who truly enjoys the football experience because they are never disappointed.

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the round 1-26 "sack des" fan

coincidently, they turn into the

finals series "i wanna root des" fan

Its a fickle world...

Status
Not open for further replies.